What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

864 Watt L.E.D grow show

RaNgEr RiCk

This thread will be dedicated to my L.E.D grows. Hopefully we will see results of 1+ gpw.................................

Here I have a 864 watt L.E.D setup. Currently I am running one deathstar under this light, with expectations of at least 224 grams. She is on day 9 bloom in these pics

RaNgEr RiCk

The manufacturer claims this is a 864 watt unit. When I hooked it up to the Kill a watt meter this is what we get

It fluctuates between 514-520

RaNgEr RiCk

7 gal pot
Mix consists of
2 bags Ocean Forest
2 bags Happy Frog
2 bags Canna Coco
2 30lb bags EWC
1 bag Ancient Forest
1/2 bag Chunky perlite
3 cups blood meal
3 cups bone meal
6 cups dolomite lime
3 cups greensand
3 cups kelp meal
3 cups azomite
1.5 cup Fox farm fruit and flower
1 cup Great White

The mix is always evolving and has changed three times since i've potted this Deathstar. Any input is always appreciated.

thefanfx

wow

wow

hey m8 why so much 800W LED is overkill :) no electricity efficiency or any other

and i can't even imagine the price :) , here 25W LED UFO cost 200 Euro , i can imagine how much 800W LED cost

anyway good job :)

GL

I would be wanting closer to 800watt myself. I think you should contact the manufacturer and find out why it does not put out closer to what it is suppose to put out. After all you PAID for a 864watt LED light...that is over a 200watt difference there which is not acceptable.....

And one of the BEST features about using LED technology is that is uses so much LESS power. At 864 watts you might as well get a HID light and you would be better off.....even 520 watts is to damn close to 600watts and I would say you benefit a lot more from a 600 watt HID light.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
A short explanation :

The "864watt" LED light probably has 288 of so called "3watt diodes" ( 864/3 = 288 pcs)

But in fact the '3W' LED diodes are not using 3watts of power :

The blue ones have a forward voltage of 3.3~3.6V when they are driven on 700mA, so the maximum power used by such a didode is somewhere between 2.3 ~ 2.5 Watts.

For the RED didodes, the forward voltage is much lower , at a maximum of 2.4V at 700mA, what gives a maximum power of 1.68Watts. But this LEDs have a short life when they are used at the maximum current of 700mA, so many manufactures drive them at ~600mA.

The white LEDs are in the same situation as the blue ones and the orange LEDs have the same specs as the REDs.

If this LED pannel draws only 516Watts, it means that the average power consumption per LED is around 1.8Watts ( which is closer to the above maths, depending on the number of the blue, red and white leds).

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
A short explanation :

The "864watt" LED light probably has 288 of so called "3watt diodes" ( 864/3 = 288 pcs)

But in fact the '3W' LED diodes are not using 3watts of power :

The blue ones have a forward voltage of 3.3~3.6V when they are driven on 700mA, so the maximum power used by such a didode is somewhere between 2.3 ~ 2.5 Watts.

For the RED didodes, the forward voltage is much lower , at a maximum of 2.4V at 700mA, what gives a maximum power of 1.68Watts. But this LEDs have a short life when they are used at the maximum current of 700mA, so many manufactures drive them at ~600mA.

The white LEDs are in the same situation as the blue ones and the orange LEDs have the same specs as the REDs.

If this LED pannel draws only 516Watts, it means that the average power consumption per LED is around 1.8Watts ( which is closer to the above maths, depending on the number of the blue, red and white leds).

Wouldn't the actual wattage of the light be even lower once you allocate some of that 516 to the fans? I never really see that mentioned and have always wondered. How many watts do you think one of those fans pull? Thanks.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Wouldn't the actual wattage of the light be even lower once you allocate some of that 516 to the fans? I never really see that mentioned and have always wondered. How many watts do you think one of those fans pull? Thanks.

If a single fan draws somewhere between 100-300mA at 12V, this means 1.2~3.6W per fan. Having 4 or 6 fans per light panel it means not more than 10-15W . Anyway , this can be measured with a simple voltage meter, or it can be read on the fan label (voltage and nominal current).