What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ng37dBA's cab to room build & grow

negative37dBA

Veteran
Some picture updates of the plants.
5-4-12. We are 14 days into 12/12.
ChemD
5_4_cd1_Copy.jpg

Pure
5_4_pure_Copy.jpg

Pure2
5_4_pure2_Copy.jpg

One of the Autos. You can see the advanced bud formation compared to the normal ones. Already showing some sugar on the leaves.
5_4_auto1_Copy.jpg

The whole room. 3 more males were removed. 2 Pure and the 1 and only Lemon Haze. Darn. 8 total females out of 13 started. Pretty good.
5_4_room1_Copy.jpg

negative37dBA

Veteran
That 2nd picture in your last post of the pure is beautiful.:tiphat:

Thanks so much kiwi growa. Think I am finally getting a handle on the Advanced Nutrients and this soiless mix. Its my first time with both and I had a little trouble early on. Getting it close now.
I changed out 1 of my MH lights for a HPS today. In a earlier post in this thread I mentioned my light changing routine. I am on schedule.
Here are a couple shots with mixed light. A little tough to balance the white light setting but I am trying.
Whole room
mh_hps_room1_Copy.jpg

ChemD. 1 of my favorite strains. I am a Diesel fan.
cd1_hps_mh_Copy.jpg

One of the Auto crosses.
auto1_hps_mh_Copy.jpg

Most likely will be running just the Pure and Chemd next time. Not happy with the Auto traits of the 2 crosses.
Have the clones for the Pure & ChemD brewing right now. The Pure & ChemD are all bagseed finds. So with that we will see what happens.
I have not quite figured out the seed ordering thing yet. I understand how to pay but its the "safe address" that I cannot seem to put together.
I certainly would not want to ask a friend or relative. It exposes me and could possibly get them in trouble. Never would trust a girlfriend with secret info. What happens when later you get in a fight and break up. Guess who else knows about your grow now. Actually saw a similar that happen to a FOAF.
Gfriend caught him out with a stripper for a good time near the end of a cycle. Week later a strange jogger runs by. Hour later busted. Plant #'s in the 3 digits and this was way back in the day, not medical...ahhmm. Tipped off by the pissed off gfriend.
Point is I would like to run some stable strains. Get a couple good mothers and max out this room with 1 strain at a time. 5 bagseed strains with 2 being crosses is not fun for me. Feel free to put some ideas in my head.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
5-10. We are at day 20 of 12/12. Had a major issue yesterday. I had to leave town for 2 days on business. No big deal. Everything is going well and have just watered. I get home and wait a few hours till lights on to check on the ladies. At lights on I take a close look. 2 of my crosses have went completely mad and threw out male flowers that released the pollen and dropped empty sacks on floor!!Complete disaster.
So now I have a room full of pollinated feamles with no use for the seed. The seeds will be worthless. Real happy right now...NOT.
So I removed the 2 hermies and cleaned up the best I could.
GodDam BAGSEED. What I would not do for some decent genetics, at least stable. So dissapointing all the effort you put in and then have it turn to shit. Not even sure I should continue. May just go lights out and call it over.
My clones have no roots yet after 11 days. Also very dissapointing. I have no other little ones going. I am so down
Down to 6 now.
Anyway, here are a couple shots from today.
Whole room
5_10_room_Copy.jpg

Pure 1
5_10_pure1_Copy.jpg

Pure 2
5_10_pure2_Copy.jpg

Pure 3
5_10_pure3_Copy.jpg

ChemD
chemd1_Copy.jpg

Were really starting to put some nice nuggets on.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 13 of the cloner running and I have roots. Yeah!
Real happy because my females got seeded and this was my only chance to keep these genetics. I took clones 9 days into flower. 13 days to turn around is not bad. I had my temps a little low at first, but got it dialed in quickly.
Roots on a ChemD clone.
5_12_chemd_roots_Copy.jpg

Some excellent dry ice hash from some Pure trim.
pure_dryice_hash_Copy.jpg

Have 4 clones of the ChemD taking off so I will keep the strongest one for a Mom. The other 3 will end up in the flower room at some time.
Hope the Pure shows some bigger roots soon. I see some nubs. Same deal with that. I have 3 clones and again, take the best for a mom and run the others.
Going to start to alternate 5 Pure at one time, then 1 month later 5 Chemd. So 10 total at any one time in flower with a harvest comming off every month of 5 plants. Plenty for my personal use. I won't shout about yields but this room yielded 20 ounces on one run. .70 GPW. Still working up to 1.0 GPW.2 months. That keeps me happy for several months.
The room was real crowded that way and required alot of work. 5 and 5 rotation will work better for the room size. Also love that perpetual. Of course when you have the mothers you can stop anytime and just pick back up with the moms you have. Its nice to have a break now and again.

negative37dBA

Veteran
5-12. Day 22 of flower.
Some nice Pure sugar.
5_12_pure1_sugar_Copy.jpg

ChemD buds getting bigger. Lots of white pistils on this one. Very pretty. Sugaring up nicely as well. I am still under mixed light until next week.
5_12_cd1_Copy.jpg

Both strains look great under 30X. Real glad to have these genetics in the cloner right now.
5_12_cloner_cd_pure_Copy.jpg

Put together a soiless mix today.
5_12_soil_mix_Copy.jpg

These bags are sweet for mixing and carrying soil.
soilbag1_Copy.jpg

Very handy for outdoors. Mix at home. Put into pack. Hike to spot . Dump out and go. Quick and stealthy.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Been on the lookout for a cabinet to pop up I could use for a mom and clone cabinet. Visiting the mother of a friend today. She mentions she has this garage next door with lots of stuff..."do you want any, it's what is left over from a garage sale."
I go and check it out and over in the corner under a board...bingo a used cabinet.
Dimentions. 34.5"Wx20.5"Dx26.5"T Inside.
cab2_01_Copy.jpg

Rough, I know...but just wait. My first cabinet was ugly too. It came out nice if I do say so myself.
The rear, all cutout for plumbing.
cab2_02_Copy.jpg

Hollow kick area...very nice for equipment, wiring and venting.
cab2_03_Copy.jpg

Short doors.
cab2_04_Copy.jpg

I like taller ones. Going to utilize some roll out shelves for this one. Will pick up a taller set of doors at a used local cabinet/stuff shop. Found my last set for a fiver.
Will hold a 15 pack of my favorite, if I go that route. This is going to be for clones & moms. Just thought I would look.
cab2_05_Copy.jpg

negative37dBA

Veteran
5-17, day 27 of flower. I have decided to continue along even though they are all seeded up. Do not have anything ready to put in the room. I can use most of this run on some iso oil. Something I have not tried before.
Whole room.
5_17_room1_Copy.jpg

Pure
5_17_pure_sugar_Copy.jpg

More Pure, 1 of the low flowers.
5_17_pure_flower_Copy.jpg

ChemD
5_17_chemd_Copy.jpg

So trying to take the positives from this run.
1. Have some clones from the ChemD that are taking off.
2. I figured out how to work with ths soiless mix and Advanced Nutrients.
3. Found out the Pure is not stable, have pulled off many male preflowers
4. Found that my crosses are VERY unstable. Will try another this time. Took my small stash of male pollen out. Dusted down 1 lower flower of the Pure real heavy. We will see what those seeds produce.
5. Room works excellent. Not a surprise. It should. My lowest temp has been 69.4, high has been 80.3. It normally runs 70-72 lights out, 75-79 lights on. Experimenting with trying to add some humidity. My rooms humidity runs real low, below10%, I live in the desert. Anyone have an idea on the effect of low humidity. I expect lower yield.

negative37dBA

Veteran
5-20, Day 30 of flower.
Pure.
pure1_flower_Copy.jpg

I like to take a 30 day sampling of my plants. Gives me an idea of whats to come. These are the very bottom branches.
Pure 2.
30_days_pure2_Copy.jpg

Pure 3.
pure3_30_days_Copy.jpg

CD1.
cd1_30_days_Copy.jpg

CD2.
cd2_30_days_Copy.jpg

I have asked several questions along the way in this thread. I did not get any responses. I understand I am new. My guess is that it takes awhile for people to see you around the boards to feel comfortable helping out? I read alot on here but I do not post alot. Mostly in my own diary.
Thanks alot IC mag for all the great info this site has to offer. It is great.

chief bigsmoke

looking awesome Negative! it appears like you might have had some pH issues earlier in the grow but things are recovering nicely. can't wait to see all your great progress.

happy growing!

negative37dBA

Veteran
looking awesome Negative! it appears like you might have had some pH issues earlier in the grow but things are recovering nicely. can't wait to see all your great progress.

happy growing!

Thanks for the positive comments. Yes my PH was a bit low at the start and I underfed. Was just learning the mix and the nutes. Plus its always an adventure with bagseed.
Having a good time building this new cabinet. Really learning alot from the ventilation 101 sticky by redgreenry. This thing is going to be engineered.
Thanks again.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Subscribed. I really admire your clean style. Sorry you lost the room to the males.

Thanks so much for the nice comment. I am a bit of a perfectionist in my day to day life and it comes through in the other things I do as well. I try hard to keep things clean and tidy. Blows me away some of the messes I see in gardens. Sometimes it is hard to find the time to always do it right, with work taking up half your life or so. Wish this was a full time deal for me, it could be fun.
Yeah...males. Not my favorite sex right now. Well I guess when you experiment with genes you sometimes get bad results. I am hoping to somehow source some stable genetics soon. Have not figured out the safe address deal for seed ordering. Well at least I have clones of the ChemD that are rooting. It has been stable so far...crosses fingers.
I will use the worst seeded flowers for ISO hash, I assume that will be ok? I have never made it before. I would not think that seeds or not would make a difference.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Day 35 of flower. Tommorrow I start week 6. Here are a few shots of the plants. I understand that they are underfed and yellowing to soon. I have had a few issues with mixing organics and liquid ferts. I think I am getting it figured out for the next run though. I am glad I continued even though we have a lot of seeds. I learned a ton.
Pure#2
5_25_pure2_Copy.jpg

5_25_pure2_1_Copy.jpg

Pure#3
5_25_pure3_Copy.jpg

negative37dBA

Veteran
The Chemd. Day 35 of flower as well.
ChemD1
5_25_chemd1_Copy.jpg

5_25_chemd1_1_Copy.jpg

5_25_chemd1_2_Copy.jpg

So far the Pure is the big winner in trichome production, especially #2. I am new to photography and my pics really don't do that plant justice.
ChemD is starting to come on with trichome production but since I
have underfeed it that will hurt it a bit.
Made a business trip to another state and picked up a nice new piece of glass while I was in town. My Volcano needed a partner.
doctor1_Copy.jpg

doc_and_vol1_Copy.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts