What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bonzo BoUnCeS back...:)

Mister_D

Veteran
Dead serious about the acid bro. Almost all commercial greenhouses use it as ph down. Imagine trying to adjust 1000's of gallons of water with GH ph down :laughing:. Battery acid is very pure as impurities would ruin a battery in short order. Commerical ops buy it from chemical companies in large quanity (55 gal barrels). Lucky for people like you an me some auto part stores carry the same exact thing in quart bottles. Food grade phosphoric acid (same acid as hydrostore ph down) is another cheaper more concentrated option. Something like 86% pure vs ~20% for GH. It's used for alot of different things not related to plants. The cheapest i've found it is from biodiesel suppliers. Just google it. Only downside to these is you need to be more precise when measuring or dilute and make your own GH strength for a 1/3 the price. Other thing being these acids are very strong and will BURN your skin if not diluted. Common sense will keep you safe, but some people just shouldn't mess with this kind of thing. Always mix acid into water, never the other way around. That's my warning, as I don't want to be blamed for someone burning themselves. Anyway just sharing what has worked well for me :blowbubbles:

Bonzo

Veteran
That makes sense dude...the 1000's of gallons...sure would be a waste with GH...thats good to know! i'll keep that in mind...:) i allmost got the AN...but just couldnt do it...its a lil more concentrated...

my biology teacher used to always say "mix acid into base, not the other way around" but i never thought it would really be relevant to me :) thnx for the info Mr. D, and bonz love the thread :)

Mister_D

Veteran
Bonz - Ya Advanced nutes has the best hydro store ph down, but it's only 28%. I've done my homework on this shit bro.

Stealthcabber - Can't say you never learned anything usefull in high school ;)

GIS

Dude i hope these arent the HM meters your gettin for 20 bucks Shorts, these are waterproof they float and..... uhhh.... they do other stuff too! :D

Your meters look really nice! HM makes a cheaper line of meters, the ones available on amazon for 15-25 bucks. Those are the one's I've been using since I always manage to break/lose them. But now with coco and watering without a recycling res I just mix of head's recipe and I haven't even used the meter in several weeks... because it always ends up the same. :woohoo:

Bonzo

Veteran
howdy stealth :) Mr D :) shorts :) MH :)

my Laptop died and i been outa my fuckin' mind with school! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

anyhooo....gonna try and upload a couple pics of lil OGREs...they are screamin' for MORE LIGHT! so...they are goin in the big room this week....gonna slam em' with a couple 1k's horizontally for a minute then its VERT STADIUM TO THE FINISH!

gonna try to upload pics of the swamp cooler...did i mention i got the swamp cooler in?! need some input on how to duct the air...

OH...Shorts dude...lettin em' dry out seems to have really helped their little roots cause they are some happy lil OGRE's! SCREAMIN FOR MORE LIGHT!!

Attachments

• 1k.jpg
    1k.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 7
  • happycuts.jpg
    happycuts.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 9
  • happycuts1.jpg
    happycuts1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 10
  • happycuts2.jpg
    happycuts2.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 10
  • happycuts3.jpg
    happycuts3.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 8

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
:wave: Hi bonzo, looks like I've arrived just in time. When the plants are young don't water them every day, you need to harden them off so the roots can grow out then gradually up the feedings and watch the girls explode. Let the pots almost dry but never totally dry or you will run into PH fluctuation and salt build up. Grow a decent root ball so they can uptake all the extra feedings, when you start feeding 3 times per day you will see why I preach multi feeding but it's very important to grow the roots first.

The grow is looking great so far, I'm looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Stay Safe and Grow Big
HGO

Bonzo

Veteran
howdy SH! :)

welcome Gnome! :)

no mega dude its not me or my woman :D...just found it online...killer work eh?

howdy ho HGO! :) just in time indeed! plants are just starting to really veg...woo hoo! i was gonna put em in the big room but i needed to get the swamp cooler figured out first...i had been racking my brain a bit about how to duct it....so i just started it and it came out pretty good...i think...so i put a 1k in the the temp veg room and the OGRE are diggin it! temps/humidity...75/55...give or take...

swamp cooler and DIY ghetto duct....i got tired of spendin' money so...i had no idea how this would work but it actually kinda kicks ass! pushes alotta air into the flower room...and im just gonna leave both ends open....gonna figure out a way to put some sort of hepa type filter on each end...

Attachments

• plenum1.jpg
    plenum1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 7
  • plenum2.jpg
    plenum2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 5
  • plenum.jpg
    plenum.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 10
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 5
  • s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 9

Bonzo

Veteran
plants have been under the 1k for about 8 hrs and i swear they have grown a bit! :D really need to get a cam that has white balance...

couple pics outside the room before goin under the 1k...

still about 4ml Flora Nova grow...nothing else...tap is 400 ppm when i mix in the grow its about 850...ph 5.7 ish...

Attachments

• lilones3.jpg
    lilones3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 4
  • lilones4.jpg
    lilones4.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 8
  • lilones1.jpg
    lilones1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 4
  • lilones.jpg
    lilones.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 5

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sure makes my heart feel good to see this thread :) good job brother !!!

Bonzo

Veteran
bonzo thats a great idea with the SC/ghetto ducting!!! may have to try that myself!

what strains are those??

thanks toxic! :) i forgot to mention i took the plenum apart and gave the inside a couple coats of Killz...strain is OGRE...ive had her for allmost 10 years...gonna start some seeds soon...:woohoo:

sure makes my heart feel good to see this thread :) good job brother !!!

good mornin' Babba! :) It feels really good to be growin' again my friend! i feel like i have a little more patience...Nam myoho renge kyo!

Looks great Bonz!

Thanks MH! :) Its comin' together...at this point im not real sure how the stadium is gonna actually be set up...funds are runnin' low so im gonna play it by ear and see what happens...im thinkin' 2 or 3 weeks veg? wanna get some nice bushes goin' into flower...

well at this point i had hoped to have a couple new strains...i shoulda started some seeds but i didnt wanna expose em to the PM...a friend sent me a bunch of killer cuts and they all died...i killed em all! i think i suffered mild anxiety/depression over that loss...they were awesome strains...i dont know what i did wrong but allmost as soon as i put em in the cloner the tops started to turn brown...cant figure it out...never happened before...any ideas?

ive got a couple rooted goodies comin' that im really excited about!

i really wanna try some of these chem crosses or strait chem i see here and there. had some chemyjones from CSG on hold but just cant afford em at the moment...

anyhoo im rambling!

goin to check the lil ones!

Bonzo

Veteran
SEEDS!!! :woohoo:

6 Rezervior DSD V2

6 Heads Casey Jones

7 Serious AK47

8 White Label Sensi Star

:peacock:

i gotta tell ya'll i feel like a total newbie all over again! :greenstars:

fun crosses are coming! :D

(thanks to a most awesome bro here for sharin' the love! you know who you are!) :)

Attachments

• seeds.jpg
    seeds.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 6

Mister_D

Veteran
Bonz my man things are looking beautiful in there. Those ogres look like they are loving the 1K :biggrin:. Could you explain a bit how the swamp cooler is ducted? Think i'm just to stoned to get it at the moment. Does it blow into your veg and flower at the same time? Been smoking too much of this, poor excuse I know :laughing:

picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
lol... Don't feel too poorly about the clones bonz.... I went a year with cloner's block.. :D

I've got high expectations for you buddy.

Latest posts

Latest posts