What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bonzo BoUnCeS back...:)

Bonzo

Veteran
SPROUTS!!:woohoo:

4 Casey Jones and 1 AK have popped outa the coco! all the DSD cracked and are planted...we'll see them soon! no Sensi Star have cracked yet...:( the rooted cuts are doing well...they are out of the dome...a friend of mine has a sample of Great White? is'nt that a root stimulator?

so i hooked up the RO today for a lil test run and it knocked the ppms from 400 to 28! When i added the Flora Nova it dropped the PH to 5.3...so i added some Cal Mag and a dash of SM-90 and about a gallon of tap to bring final mix to about 650 ppm and a PH of 5.9...

gonna get the RO and big red barrell hooked up....gonna mix the RO and tap for a bit and see how it works

OH! a friend let me borrow an 8 bulb 2ft T5! :woohoo:

H&G sample not here yet...

sorry fred i forgot...i'll handle it :biggrin:

Attachments

• cab.jpg
    cab.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 4
  • babies.jpg
    babies.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 4
  • CJ.jpg
    CJ.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 4
  • cloner.jpg
    cloner.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 5

Mister_D

Veteran
Let the games begin :biggrin: Lookin real good brother bonz, stoked to see what you find in those seedlings :good:

redwood-roots

SPROUTS!!:woohoo:

4 Casey Jones and 1 AK have popped outa the coco! all the DSD cracked and are planted...we'll see them soon! no Sensi Star have cracked yet...:( the rooted cuts are doing well...they are out of the dome...a friend of mine has a sample of Great White? is'nt that a root stimulator?

so i hooked up the RO today for a lil test run and it knocked the ppms from 400 to 28! When i added the Flora Nova it dropped the PH to 5.3...so i added some Cal Mag and a dash of SM-90 and about a gallon of tap to bring final mix to about 650 ppm and a PH of 5.9...

gonna get the RO and big red barrell hooked up....gonna mix the RO and tap for a bit and see how it works

OH! a friend let me borrow an 8 bulb 2ft T5! :woohoo:

H&G sample not here yet...

sorry fred i forgot...i'll handle it :biggrin:

Mycorrhizal Beneficial Bacteria

silver hawaiian

Veteran
:yeahthats

Good stuff indeed, my friend. I use similar products - Mykos and Orca (by the Great White folk), .. Just make sure to read up on the directions, especially in terms of application. I think GW is water soluble, but it still needs to be mixed and used right away. The Mykos is applied directly to/around the roots at transplant, etc.. .. Anyway, something like that. :joint: I think the moral of my ramble is a) it's good and b) read the directions.

Sheesh. Hope that was useful. :joint:

Bonzo

Veteran
thanks my friends! :)

so SH as soon as i mix it i gotta use it?

so i spotted some bugs runnin' around the veg room....teeny tiny lil fuckers that jump like flees? and i think i saw a gnat! talked to bobbles about the bugs...gettin' some Bayer...

plants look pretty good....funny thing, the mom's are responding better to the RO/cal mag than the youngin's....some of the youngin's are gettin' spots of chlorosis? on a few leaves...im not gonna panic :D overall growth is pretty good....i think they need to get in the big room with the vert lights soon as they are gettin' bushy....seems to me they need to start "training" themselves into vert bushes....if that makes any sense :D

2 of the Sensi Star popped! not very vigorously though...we'll see...gonna wait a couple days and see how many actually make it....depending on how many do i may germ the Sweetooth...CJ, AK and DSD all lookin good....

school is kickin' my ass! this semester is allmost over!

i dont have a cam at the moment but a friend came by with a pretty nice phone and snapped a couple pics...

first pic is same plant in last couple posts...next 3 are "smaller" plant with friends cam..

back to studying for final exam!

Attachments

• aplant4.jpg
    aplant4.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 4
  • aplant7.jpg
    aplant7.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 5
  • aplant2.jpg
    aplant2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 4
  • aplant1.jpg
    aplant1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 4

Bonzo

Veteran
room shot sorta...best i could do

Attachments

• aplant3.jpg
    aplant3.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 5
  • aplant9.jpg
    aplant9.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 3

Mister_D

Veteran
Bonz - Giving up on tap water already? Lol suppose there's nothing wrong with taking the easy route ;). Those little jumpy things I think are springtails, hard to say without a picture. They are harmless if thats what it is. Either way sm-90 at 5ml per gal. would probably wipe them out without stunting your plants like bayer will. Just some food for thought. Plants are looking nice and lush though :biggrin:

Bonzo

Veteran
thanks D! im gonna Google springtails....still mixin' a bit of tap in the mix...and SM-90 is part of that mix too :)

gonna get a pic of the spotty leaves...need input! :)

oh yeah...all coco is gonna be treated with Bayer....thanks bobble! :)

Mountain High

Veteran
Bayer tree and shrub? or what bayer product? I've seen those lil bugs in every coco grow i've done and never saw any problems from them being there, but I still don't like them in there. I've tried azamax drenches that knocked some of them down but not 100% gone. I've been thinking about flushing with Bayer before plants go into the medium...

Mister_D

Veteran
Mountain - I just spoke with bobble about this yesterday. He uses the tree and shrub at 5ml per gal. prior to planting. Just before planting he runs to waste ro water (hasn't decided on a good amount, just with decent runoff). Cal-mag is feed immediately after and the plant is inserted. I just started using bayer advance, it has half the imid of tree and shrub. I used it at full label strength (15ml per gal.), 10ml should be enough though.

bobblehead

Veteran
Bayer tree and shrub? or what bayer product? I've seen those lil bugs in every coco grow i've done and never saw any problems from them being there, but I still don't like them in there. I've tried azamax drenches that knocked some of them down but not 100% gone. I've been thinking about flushing with Bayer before plants go into the medium...

You need to let the coco sit with the bayer... It takes a few days to kill everything. Leave the pesticide there until you're ready to use the coco... Then immediately before you're ready to use the coco, flush it.

Bonz, if they are springtails, they're harmless... but if you're not sure you should definitely kill them anyway.

Bonzo

Veteran
what D said MH! thanks D! I am 99% sure they are in fact springtails...did ya google it MH? what i saw looked like what i have...and their pretty harmless...info said they sometimes nibble on very young roots...of seedlings...im not afraid! :D

thanks for the input fellas! :)

plants gotta get in the vert room by this weekend...gettin too big for the tray :woohoo:

Bonzo

Veteran
does anyone know the effect catpiss has on coco? i left a batch uncovered and im positive cats have been pissin' and maybe poopin' in it as well...if its toxic how should i treat it?