What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rip's closet: Mandala Hashberry x Satori F1's

ripOG

uber update

uber update

Hi everyone :wave: Too faded to type much but I wanted to update 'youze guys once again before harvest approaches. so for today...hope you like pix :artist: And I apologize for the crappy quality. as always :tiphat:

Day 48 flower :ying:

tent4.jpg

tent21.jpg

tentside_2_-1.jpg

tentside_3_-1.jpg

to be continued :bump:

ripOG

...and the other side of the tent :dance013:...
back2.jpg

oh...btw, I should probably add that there was a man made "drought" here in ripOG country...left a powerstrip turned off on accident for a couple days. They were fading already, but the bigger ones really dried out as well and the def has obviously not improved. But all in all the buds seem to be growin' and growin'

back_3_.jpg

back_2_.jpg

That cola is the one seen in the 1st pic, on the left...one of my taller, wicked lookin' satori girls. I was gettin cheeky with her with the lights off. shhh don't tell...shes seriously under-age. But look at the size of those....buddddzzzz....I just wanna motorboat em. :laughing:

Oh here's her front side. How rude of me! Kind of a butterface if you ask me but I'm not complaining!
front4.jpg

Here's another sativa girl. This one is plumper than all the other tall sativa phenos and has a more hybrid looking bud structure with all those bracks. Definitely my fave to look at.
cheeky.jpg

fave_2_.jpg

...she's realll purrrtyyyy...drooool...
fave.jpg

...to be continued yet again. :wave:

ripOG

And now for some indica action :dance013:
skinnyindy1.jpg

skinnyindy_2_.jpg

A couple of em look like this pheno above.

~~~~
The plant below is that hybrid pheno I pointed out earlier, more sativa to her, some airyness and spacing at the nodes, but basically same plant structure and crystals as the other indys:
indy.jpg

fat_indy.jpg

~~~
Now going back to sativas, last but not least is this curious pheno I've been calling "big gurl." Another victim of my drought/nute def, but still looking handsome in her own right. She is THE most unique looker in terms of bud structure, aroma, plant structure...everything, it's just not like the others...the black sheep of the litter.
biggurl_2_.jpg

All the buds are about this size, in clusters, even along the main cola.
biggurl1.jpg

I'm not fond of her apparent nute def propensity, but she is much much larger than the others, so I'll cut her some slack. Very curious to see how this one yields and smokes. Here's a side branch that I had to support with string a while ago :dance013:
sidebranch.jpg

The side branches :tiphat:
sidebranches.jpg

That's all for now. :wave: Thanks to everybody for dropping by. You're all welcome to come and say hi anytime as usual. Hope all is well out there in IC land :blowbubbles:

ripOG

lmao @ butterface. nice gals rip

lol, thanks m8. I feel creepy selecting clones like this...i have to objectify the shit outa these poor girls. Sometimes it feels like I'm pimping them out on the street :laughing:

Honestly though it's hard. I wish I knew now what the results were so I could plan accordingly with the next crop. The big one in particular I'm curious about. Smaller buds but it's so big that the yield might be up there.

ripOG

Hi all :wave:
Made a key the other day, posted over on the Mandala forum..this way I can describe the phenos throughout the harvest...

label1.jpg

label2.jpg

The aromas for the most part vary from a really dank lemon pine to a more floral, wildflower type aroma with some hints of berries. Some of them have a mix of the two.

#1 and 2 are pure wildflower/berry smell, with similar dense bud structures. Both are tall sativa girls. There's a solvent like smell to the flowers that reminds me of those scented markers.

#3 and 4 are short indy girls with 100% of that lemon pine aroma. Super pungent and sticky lemons. They're maturing a little faster than the others, calyxes are really starting to swell now.

#5,7,8 are all about 80% floral with lemon in the background, makes for a spicy aroma, but mostly wildflowers, berries, solvents like #1 & 2. Interestingly the bud/plant structures are all a lot different.

#6 and 9, are more lemon dominant with a background of wildflower and spices, oils - definitely more fuel-like. #6 really seems to be a true hybrid both in bud and plant structure and in aroma, being about 50% lemon and 50% floral. #9, the one from the dark pic, is more lemon dominant like the indy girls, but very sativa lookin.

~~~~
So it's day 67 today. I started the flush on day 61 or so. Some of the colas are still branching out into bracks, even getting some new top growth on one of the girls. So I might actually harvest some of the lower buds before the very tops. Definitely weird but good growth.

The indica girl (#4) in the forefront here is done... just want to finish that flush (#5 is in the background). The bud structure is pine cone shaped with huge fluffy calyxes, all white with trichs. You can practically see the individual calyxes there in the pic...gives it that sour D or bubblegum type look. #3, the other shorter indy girl, is still just starting to swell.

IMAG0775.jpg

Here's #6, my "hybrid" girl, still branching with no real swelling of the calyxes yet to speak of. I expect her to finish with the other taller ones, #2,5,7,9.
IMAG0774.jpg

'Eres a few little popcorn nugs I pulled off a branch of plant #1, 5 days ago. She's going to be a late finisher. I'm glad I took the samples because on closer examination she's more immature than I had suspected just from looking at her...got thrown off by all that red hair! Still drying, some of that color will fade as they lighten up I suspect...
IMAG0772.jpg

Cheers :tiphat:

ripOG

looks amazing rip! wish i could afford all those toys maybe on my second grow! i could use some comments on my first one i just started flowering a couple days ago check it out here if you can...https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=225094

Thanks for stopping by JGS :wave: I took a look at your plants and they look like winners. Will be fun to see them mature. And as far as toys go, rest assured that 90% is really just about good light, good genes, and a stable pH/ec. Cheers. :ying:

ripOG

Smoke report ~ sampled one of them there nugz right now. Can't really review the flavor or aroma too much bc it wasn't too dry or cured, but potency is up there. Real up, pleasant high. Very mellow but still energetic. And strong enough that you get that hazy buzz and feel it. Great for the morning. Good news is I've been smoking some organic Cheese from a local dispensary all morning and NOW i'm high. More to come! ~

rip thanks for the input i will keep everyone up to date very often (because its my first time and I'm stoked!). Let us have smoke report round two after they've cured!

ripOG

rip thanks for the input i will keep everyone up to date very often (because its my first time and I'm stoked!). Let us have smoke report round two after they've cured!

Ya those nugs above have lost some flavor and aroma for sure because they dried too quick. No stickiness left. I will update shortly on a properly cured product :dance013:

Here's some snaps from the day. Turned up the white so you can see the colas better. Sorry for the color :ying:

left side of the tent, plant #9:
IMAG0793.jpg

You can see they are fading now pretty intensely. I've noticed that as I flush, the stems tend to get less turgid and the plants have a harder time supporting themselves. Meanwhile they're getting heavier and heavier. Today the aroma was nuts and a bunch of the popcorn branches were drooping as if they were ripe for the pickin' :dance013:
I had to get aggressive with some string and wire to keep all the branches up under all the new weight...

right side of tent, looking left at plants #3, 6, 9, 7, and 1, clockwise from bottom left:
IMAG0794.jpg

#6, the "hybrid" girl (left) and #9 in back:
IMAG0798.jpg

A better look at #9 and 7. #7 on the right is the one that seems to be growing a new top. Very frustrating from a harvesting perspective :) :
IMAG0808.jpg

The aforementioned #7 (top left) with another promising "hybrid", #5, which has a similar bud structure to #6 seen a couple shots up, but is taller. Both of these seem to have a real tightly branching bract-like bud structure with lots of smaller sized calyxes. My shorter more indica girl hiding in front, #4, is impatiently awaiting the chop:
IMAG0820.jpg

Last but not least is plant #1, my "big gurl", and #2 behind her. These two are most similar to eachother than the others in terms of aroma, but #2 more closely resembles the looser bud structure of the other taller girls (#7, #9) and #1 is more like the tighter indica buds of plants #3 and 4.
IMAG0825-1.jpg

Until next time, cheers :tiphat:

ripOG

yes but I am impatient. Oh so impatient. ;)

Did some cutting just now. Oh the smell. The smell!!

Here is whats left of plant #1, the "big gurl"
IMAG0898.jpg

..those branches need a couple days to mature yet, but where did the main cola go??

IMAG0867.jpg

"That's not a ..torpedo. This. Is a torpedo!"

Oh wait..no. This. Is a torpedo...
IMAG0874.jpg

:laughing:...that one is the main cola from plant #2.

Here is another shot of those mature buds from #1...
IMAG0861.jpg

..And what the heck...I took down #3 as well...the short one. Her twin, #4, is also more than ready...
IMAG0882.jpg

More updates coming soon :bump:

Cheers all :wave:

ripOG

Great lookn specimens!! Lookn fat n sticky bro

Thank you kindly, broheim. Fat and sticky indeed! Did a tad of manicuring in preparation for the cure today... About 90 g's off those 3 sativa main colas (plants 1,2,9).

IMAG0966.jpg

I'm a relatively inexperienced harvester so I've no clue as to how much more weight they'll lose...i'm guessing 5-15% if the cure is proper. *I'll cut the Indy girls up in a couple days...going to give them a tad longer since the whole plants are hanging. The tops of those main colas look absolutely ridiculous!

These shots are from plant #2...disregard those labels ;). 29g...
IMAG0962.jpg

...and w/ flash:
IMAG0961.jpg

And that cola from #9, dissected a little, it weighed in at 34.5g and is fairly dry in terms of weight I think:
IMAG0958.jpg

IMAG0956.jpg

And part of the cola from plant #1, my big momma. That cola weighed in at 24 g.
IMAG0960.jpg

Cheers and stay tuned :tiphat: