A newbs story of 4 Sour Diesel IBLs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A newbs story of 4 Sour Diesel IBLs

Well not 100% noob... i just finished up my first full grow... so this is my second grow... wish me luck!

These plants are 4 weeks old now but ill back track and post whats happened since then to get everything up to date... so be patient with me

Stats
    Soil: ProMix Potting Soil & pearlite (70/30)
    Nutes: GH Flora Nova Series
    Veg Lights: 160w of Tube flouros
    Flowering Light: 250w HPS
    Planning on my 1st scrog with this grow

well now that thats out the way....here it is..

germinated 4 Sour Diesel IBL seeds... placed in water in a shot glass (see picture)... all but 1 seed sunk to the bottom 6 hours later... let them soak for another 6 hours... last seed still hasnt sunk

placed inbetween moist paper toils inside a tupperware container for humidity... left it a crack open for air... placed them undermy bed for darkness on top of my laptop for warmth

a day later 3 seeds were showing taproots... the seed that didnt sink is not showing a tap root

mixed up some soil... i usually use about 30% pearlite and 70% pro mix... but i didnt realize i was almost out of pearlite... so i only used about 15-20% pearlite... should be fine, ill add more when i transplant later

moistened the soil... then placed it in the cups... labeled the cups... poked a hole about 1/4 inch deep, dropped the seed in the hole... covered the hole lightly with soil... and then misted the soil lightly

put them under the lights...

The other plant in these pics is the one seed that germed from some freebie Swazi Skunk seeds i got a few months ago... its about 2 weeks ahead of the SDs

2 days after dropping the seeds in the cups... im seeing 3 of the plants starting to poke through the soil... couldnt get a good picture sorry... weird thing is the one that showed no life in the germ process was the first one to break through the soil

anyways ill have some pics later when they really break through the soil...
    Last edited by Creeptic; 04-16-2006, 05:12.
    My 2nd grow ever - Sour Diesel IBL SCROG - 250w

3rd grow - Mandala Seeds Sadhu, BOG Medley, Sour Diesel IBL

day 1 is official

3 out of the 4 have popped. Hopefully the last one will show up sometime tomorrow

not much to see, but here is the pic of my newborns

Comment

Day 2 ---

well its official.. 100%

all 4 sprouts are alive and well

Comment

up close and personal day 11

Comment

day 13

2 new pics... plants are growing pretty quickly... 2 of them already have secondary growth coming in... and one of the plants has a purple stem and purple veins in the leaf... slightly in the veins... the stems are very much purple...

Comment

update... finally... been crazy with work so i havent been able to update the diary as much as i want to... but here is a quick update

plants are moving along nicely... had a little problem with an N deficiency so i upped the dosage of ferts and everything seems to be OK now... we'll see in a couple of days

they need to be transplanted sometime this week... i need to go get some more containers

Last edited by Creeptic; 04-16-2006, 05:07.

Comment

Day 28

transplanted a few days ago... all the plants perked up alot... transplanted 2 plants to their final 3 gallon containers... the last two plants had to go into 2 liter soda bottles for now... i have to go buy some more containers ASAP... i know the clear soda bottles arent good for the roots so i plant on leaving them in these soda bottles for another 2-3 days at most til they go into their final pots

anyways

looks like i might have 3 different phenos

one is really tall and stretchy with slow growing secondary growth
              one has very large leaves but is more compact... still slow secondary growth
              then 2 others are short and compact but their secondary growth is growing quickly... these 2 look like they will be very bushy plants naturally

here are some pics of them catching some sun from the window while i cleaned out the grow room today... the bigger plant is the same swazi skunk seen in the other pictures... been LSTing her alot

Individual Shots

well thats it... up to date... have to go get my materials to build a screen in the next few days... weekly updates should follow

Comment

Looks very nice so far! Good Luck!
                ▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲► ▼◄▲►▼◄
                {150w HPS All-in-One Micro Cab} ~Mazar Kush~ {10 Clone Ebb & Flow SOG Diary} (06/17/09)(ACTIVE)
                Stealth Dresser-250w HPS + 40w CFL ~ICE & Chrystal~ DWC LST (04/04/07)(ABORTED)
                400w HPS/MH ~AK48~ DWC ScrOG (04/09/06)(First Grow)(HARVESTED)
                ▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲►▼◄▲► ▼◄▲►▼◄
                ICMAG'S OFFICIAL ~DIY~ LINK-O-RAMA

OG refugee

OverGrow GROW FAQ
                don't be pissed quit playin! hindsight is always 20/20..........change "if only" to "next time" and you're set homie! - USER NAME

Comment

Creeptic

I really like your second overhead group photo.........very artistic looking!!
                  Plants appear very healthy & are growing along nicely.

Good luck & stay safe.

Bh

Comment

Originally posted by Bipedalhominid
                    Creeptic

I really like your second overhead group photo.........very artistic looking!!
                    Plants appear very healthy & are growing along nicely.

Good luck & stay safe.

Bh
                    lol... i wish it was due to my artistic and photographer talents... but i cant take any credit for it... i accidentally had my flash off on my camera so it only caught the sunlight... i thought it looked cool so i kept it

small update

plants are all in their final containers now and have been moved under the 250w HPS... the lone swazi skunk plant is showing preflowers... too early to tell but im sure she'll show in the next few days

Not sure if one of the plants i transplanted is going through some sort of transplant shock... the root ball broke up slightly when i was transplanting her... side note to self: never use 2 liter soda bottles again... what a pain in the ass to transfer from those things

back left:
                    SD#2- very large leaves... this plant is the healthiest one out of the bunch... secondary growth is finally growing... should be able to take a few cuttings in about 3-4 days

back middle
                    SD#4 - this one is the most vigorous of the bunch... again huuge leaves

front left (sd#1) & front right (sd#2)
                    these two were almost identical to each other... until the transplant... since the transplant sd#4 hasnt grown nearly as much as the other plants... hopefully she wakes up tomorrow... both of these are shorter and bushier with secodnary growth coming in rapidly

more pics:

my swazi skunk - out of 8 seeds germed one survived... this is her... been LSTing her plenty... she is showing preflowers but its still to early to tell

Comment

well now that we are back (thank god!) ill get back to updating

its been awhile obviously

sexing verdict is in:
                      the swazi - male
                      2 sour diesel ibls - male
                      2 sour diesel ibls - female

im scrogging them and the screen is filling up nicely... ill have pics soon

still havent made the switch to 12/12 but i will be doing so this week (i sexed the plants via clones)

they have been vegging for a little more then 60 days now... im going to build a bubble cloner and take some cuttings from each of em for mommas and then we start flowering

here are pics from a few days ago:

Comment

Moving right along

Day 10 of 12/12 picture taken about an hour ago

As you can see the screen is about 95% full with about a week and a half of stretch left...

Should get interesting in a couple of weeks

Comment

Nice!

Comment

bitchn awsome someone who filled their screen like i do.. awsome you are going to ahve a nice big yeild of some killer smoke dude awsome scrogg

Comment

you'll definatly enjoy the tasty smoke you get off of those girls....

Comment

Working...
                              X