What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A newbs story of 4 Sour Diesel IBLs

Creeptic

Well not 100% noob... i just finished up my first full grow... so this is my second grow... wish me luck!

These plants are 4 weeks old now but ill back track and post whats happened since then to get everything up to date... so be patient with me :)

Stats
Soil: ProMix Potting Soil & pearlite (70/30)
Nutes: GH Flora Nova Series
Veg Lights: 160w of Tube flouros
Flowering Light: 250w HPS
Planning on my 1st scrog with this grow

well now that thats out the way....here it is..

germinated 4 Sour Diesel IBL seeds... placed in water in a shot glass (see picture)... all but 1 seed sunk to the bottom 6 hours later... let them soak for another 6 hours... last seed still hasnt sunk

placed inbetween moist paper toils inside a tupperware container for humidity... left it a crack open for air... placed them undermy bed for darkness on top of my laptop for warmth

a day later 3 seeds were showing taproots... the seed that didnt sink is not showing a tap root

mixed up some soil... i usually use about 30% pearlite and 70% pro mix... but i didnt realize i was almost out of pearlite... so i only used about 15-20% pearlite... should be fine, ill add more when i transplant later

moistened the soil... then placed it in the cups... labeled the cups... poked a hole about 1/4 inch deep, dropped the seed in the hole... covered the hole lightly with soil... and then misted the soil lightly

put them under the lights...

The other plant in these pics is the one seed that germed from some freebie Swazi Skunk seeds i got a few months ago... its about 2 weeks ahead of the SDs

2 days after dropping the seeds in the cups... im seeing 3 of the plants starting to poke through the soil... couldnt get a good picture sorry... weird thing is the one that showed no life in the germ process was the first one to break through the soil

anyways ill have some pics later when they really break through the soil...

Last edited:

Creeptic

day 1 is official

3 out of the 4 have popped. Hopefully the last one will show up sometime tomorrow

not much to see, but here is the pic of my newborns

8720day1groupshot1.jpg

Creeptic

day 13

2 new pics... plants are growing pretty quickly... 2 of them already have secondary growth coming in... and one of the plants has a purple stem and purple veins in the leaf... slightly in the veins... the stems are very much purple...

Creeptic

update... finally... been crazy with work so i havent been able to update the diary as much as i want to... but here is a quick update

plants are moving along nicely... had a little problem with an N deficiency so i upped the dosage of ferts and everything seems to be OK now... we'll see in a couple of days

they need to be transplanted sometime this week... i need to go get some more containers

Last edited:

Creeptic

Day 28

transplanted a few days ago... all the plants perked up alot... transplanted 2 plants to their final 3 gallon containers... the last two plants had to go into 2 liter soda bottles for now... i have to go buy some more containers ASAP... i know the clear soda bottles arent good for the roots so i plant on leaving them in these soda bottles for another 2-3 days at most til they go into their final pots

anyways

looks like i might have 3 different phenos

one is really tall and stretchy with slow growing secondary growth
one has very large leaves but is more compact... still slow secondary growth
then 2 others are short and compact but their secondary growth is growing quickly... these 2 look like they will be very bushy plants naturally

here are some pics of them catching some sun from the window while i cleaned out the grow room today... the bigger plant is the same swazi skunk seen in the other pictures... been LSTing her alot

8720group2.jpg

8720group1.jpg

Individual Shots

well thats it... up to date... have to go get my materials to build a screen in the next few days... weekly updates should follow
:wave: :wave:

G

Creeptic

I really like your second overhead group photo.........very artistic looking!! :woohoo:
Plants appear very healthy & are growing along nicely.

Good luck & stay safe.

Bh

Creeptic

Bipedalhominid said:
Creeptic

I really like your second overhead group photo.........very artistic looking!! :woohoo:
Plants appear very healthy & are growing along nicely.

Good luck & stay safe.

Bh

lol... i wish it was due to my artistic and photographer talents... but i cant take any credit for it... i accidentally had my flash off on my camera so it only caught the sunlight... i thought it looked cool so i kept it :pointlaug

small update

plants are all in their final containers now and have been moved under the 250w HPS... the lone swazi skunk plant is showing preflowers... too early to tell but im sure she'll show in the next few days

Not sure if one of the plants i transplanted is going through some sort of transplant shock... the root ball broke up slightly when i was transplanting her... side note to self: never use 2 liter soda bottles again... what a pain in the ass to transfer from those things

back left:
SD#2- very large leaves... this plant is the healthiest one out of the bunch... secondary growth is finally growing... should be able to take a few cuttings in about 3-4 days

back middle
SD#4 - this one is the most vigorous of the bunch... again huuge leaves

front left (sd#1) & front right (sd#2)
these two were almost identical to each other... until the transplant... since the transplant sd#4 hasnt grown nearly as much as the other plants... hopefully she wakes up tomorrow... both of these are shorter and bushier with secodnary growth coming in rapidly
8720group_1.jpg

more pics:

my swazi skunk - out of 8 seeds germed one survived... this is her... been LSTing her plenty... she is showing preflowers but its still to early to tell
8720swaziday46.jpg

8720group21.jpg

8720closeup.jpg

Creeptic

well now that we are back (thank god!) ill get back to updating

its been awhile obviously

sexing verdict is in:
the swazi - male :badday:
2 sour diesel ibls - male :badday:
2 sour diesel ibls - female :woohoo:

im scrogging them and the screen is filling up nicely... ill have pics soon

still havent made the switch to 12/12 but i will be doing so this week (i sexed the plants via clones)

they have been vegging for a little more then 60 days now... im going to build a bubble cloner and take some cuttings from each of em for mommas and then we start flowering

here are pics from a few days ago:

8720topview.jpg

87202plants.jpg

Creeptic

Moving right along

Day 10 of 12/12 picture taken about an hour ago

As you can see the screen is about 95% full with about a week and a half of stretch left...

Should get interesting in a couple of weeks

8720day_10.jpg

G

bitchn awsome someone who filled their screen like i do.. awsome you are going to ahve a nice big yeild of some killer smoke dude awsome scrogg

Creeptic

Swerve said:
bitchn awsome someone who filled their screen like i do.. awsome you are going to ahve a nice big yeild of some killer smoke dude awsome scrogg

yeah ive been watching your grows taking notes.... :wave:

scrogging is really unreal to see in person... i mean ive seen pictures of scrogs for a while but seeing how it works first hand is the most convincing thing ever... i mean each plant has over 50 budsites :yoinks: ... i almost cant believe my eyes... cant wait til buds make their appearance!!

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Just shows how much a newbie can learn from pot forums. It took me years to get where you are Creeptic, learning the hard way without internet and grow bibles. Excellent grow, nice pictures. I grow my Sour Diesels in NFT (hydro), so yours might not rocket in the same way, but my last batch of Sativa dom SD:s stretched 1.5m (5 feet) in flower and didn't stop stretching until 5th week of flower, so I fear you might loose control of this SCROG. Anyhow, I hope not. I'll keep an eye on this grow...

G

looks good man not bad if she grows like crazy just got to watch her cant wait for updates...

Creeptic

Rosy Cheeks said:
Just shows how much a newbie can learn from pot forums. It took me years to get where you are Creeptic, learning the hard way without internet and grow bibles. Excellent grow, nice pictures. I grow my Sour Diesels in NFT (hydro), so yours might not rocket in the same way, but my last batch of Sativa dom SD:s stretched 1.5m (5 feet) in flower and didn't stop stretching until 5th week of flower, so I fear you might loose control of this SCROG. Anyhow, I hope not. I'll keep an eye on this grow...

yeah i owe even considering growing to overgrow... thats where i read every piece of information i could get my hands on... and thats what convinced me i could even grow at all... did pretty well my first grow.. so me being the person i am, i always strive to do better then my last try in anything i do... so i decided to try the scrog this time around... and im glad i found this place because when overgrow first went down i felt lost... and that happened in the middle of my first grow...lol... i owe it all to the internet, because ive killed every houseplant ive ever come in contact with :pointlaug

wow stretched through the 5th week... wowzers... well if worse comes to worse i have the room to raise the light another 2.5 feet... hopefully i can keep them under control

thanks for checkin out my ladies everyone!

Latest posts

Latest posts