What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A newbs story of 4 Sour Diesel IBLs

0p0rat0r

Wow. Great job. Those pics make me wanna stick my head in your cabinet and inhale. I can imagine how good those must smell. I'm interested in how much you'll yield...

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Creeptic... Where are you!? I've been patient but now I'm getting worried, it's been 13 days since your last update and you definitely should've harvested by now. What's going on?!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah man, where are you, lol. just kidding Creeptic, but it would be cool to see you again with some nice harvest or post harvest shots.

this has been one hell of a scrog grow. you do those SourDiesel ibl's proud.

see ya and don't forget :smoweed:

Creeptic

lol sorry guys... i was gone for the weekend on business and had to rush to get that trip ready

ofcourse part of that rushing to get ready involved harvesting before i left :woohoo:

unfortunatly i didnt take any harvest pics... ill get some pics of the already dried buds in their jars

worked out well... i harvested and hung em up to dry... left for the weekend and came back to dried buds

the 2 things people i know are waiting for... yield and smoke report

i smoked some of this pheno:

and here is my report:

taste: even with ZERO cure, this is the best tasting bud i have EVER smoked... cant really place my finger on a good way to describe the taste yet... this will require further "research" lol

smell: one plant has a dominant grapefruit smell... the other smells more fuelish... both have a very flowery smell to them also... but im sure the aroma will change with curing

potency: at first i was honestly disappointed with the potency... probably because im used to the white widow that ive been smoking for the past few months... which hits me immediatly after 2 tokes... this sour diesel is a creeper... 20 minutes after smoking it sneaks up on you and smashes you in your face... HARD... its been a very long time since i have smoked myself into oblivion... going to take some getting used to, i can definitely smoke alot less of this stuff... my face was literally numb to the point where i kept poking my face with my finger :pointlaug because it felt funny... lol

high: VERY energetic high... the high is just like the commercial sour diesel i used to buy... smoke some of it and i get antsy and need to do something (this will be great for the cleanliness of my place)... the only thing i didnt like about the high was after the high was gone i got very tired and had almost a hangover effect... im thinking i just smoked way too much... this is NOT a bad thing at all, i just need to judge my "dosage" better... another thing that will require more "research" ... research has never before been so much fun :woohoo:

yield: the pheno pictured above... i thought this one would be the bigger yielder by far... but it shrunk up alot more then the other one did while drying... the other ones buds are much more dense...

of the bud i have curing in the jars... i got 3.6 oz off of one plant and 2.9 oz off the other plant... honestly i feel like its less then that, but this is what my cheap (and im sure innacurate) postal scale says... so thats about .736 grams/watt ... still doesnt feel or look like that much to me... ill weigh again soon, maybe there is still some moisture adding to the weight... either way its enough smoke to last me for a VERY long time... especially since i still have about an ounce of white widow from my last harvest left

keep in mind i tossed alot of the smaller buds and ones i was too lazy to properly manicure into the "trim" bag for bubble hash... so the yield would of been even more if i would of kept it all... dont worry... by "keep" i mean keep for bud... nothing goes to waste, thanks to my bubble bags.....

i did one bubble run yesterday with just 1/4th of the trim i have in the freezer right now... ill have a smoke report on that over the weekend... with pics and all... got a bigger yield of bubble from this small bit of trim then from the trim from all of my plants from my last harvest... thats one other advantage of the scrog i guess... much more trim in the end for bubble... wish i had the 5 gallon bags now... i have way too much trim to do it all in the 1 gallon bags at once

either way im VERY happy thus far... still waiting for a proper cure, and also to try out the other pheno

i have to wait to get my camera back before any pics tho :( ... so hopefully by the weekend ill be able to share some pics

and ps.

that pheno picture above... it could of easily gone for another week or more, i just couldnt leave the plants here over the long weekend so i had to chop... oh well.. i have mothers from both so ill be growing these again very soon... oh well, live and learn...

gotta go for now... thanks to all for checking the grow... and stay tuned for more smoke reports, pics, and bubble!

REZDOG

Veteran
Sweet!
8720day55_1_2.jpg

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Congratulationg on the harvest Creeptic.

that in it's self is always a great thing.

thanks for the really splendid smoke report. i look forward to hearing more about your subsequent "research".

peace out

polak

It was pleasure to watch Your grow, form start to end :)
Congratz Creeptic, thanks for this smoke/high report, I think this will be next strain I'll grow :) go go! sour diesel

peace,

polak

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
very well done my friend... i recieve my SourD next week so its on...

hopefully i get some great results like you did...

enjoy your harvest my friend.:joint:

G

you've just encouraged me to start my Princess diesel seeds..they'll be my fourth inoor grow..really enjoyed reading this thread..budluver

Creeptic

been a while

still smoking some from this harvest! dont have too much left... but i do have a good amount of bubble hash left from this run :joint: :joint:

i just took some clones from one of the 2 SD IBL mothers i kept... and they are in the bubble cloner rooting as we speak... ill keep this thread up to date with their progress once they root...

this time around im going to just let them grow... no scrog because im growing a couple of other strains from seed this time around... so the available space in the grow room will be dictated by how many males/females i get from the seeds

the other strains im growin:

5 Sadhu (from mandala seeds)
5 from a pack of BOG Medley (blue moon rocks, bogbubble, bogglegum)

ill keep the updates for the Sour Diesels in here... probably start another diary for the other strains

grow on

G

killer thread
and killer scrog for second timer

mine looked NOTHING like THAT!

nice job!

what size pots?
how long was the veg again? (i THINK u said 60 but not sure)

outstanding job.
any cured pics of the girls left?
or did ya smoke it all?

hahaha

tks for sharing man. and good job!

Creeptic

hub said:
killer thread
and killer scrog for second timer

mine looked NOTHING like THAT!

nice job!

what size pots?
how long was the veg again? (i THINK u said 60 but not sure)

outstanding job.
any cured pics of the girls left?
or did ya smoke it all?

hahaha

tks for sharing man. and good job!

they were in 3 gallon pots... if i remember right it was about 60-70 days vegged

and...lol.. yes i did smoke it ALL... so no cured pics :badday:

but... i took mothers and im growing these out again... growing smaller plants this time around with a short veg time... and i upgraded to a 400w...

you can check the new girls in my new grow thread... they are about 2 weeks away from being harvested

thanks for checkin the grow... this was my first time checking this thread in awhile... makes me miss scrogging... hmmm... maybe ill do another scrog now... i change up every grow... lol