What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LSY's LED Scrog Grow Show with Re Veg's Going Outside

LetsSeeYa

This is my first try at a scrog so any help or idea's would be cool. Also, please post what you want in here, i dont care if ya want to show off your Scrog, it only helps me and anyone else thats not done a Scrog before.

Off topic is fine too. Im here to document the grow, but some chat in here is only going to make the grow faster, which is fine by me.

I will also be posting my re veg grow outside in this thread. I really dig the re veg's and will do 2-3 each year, one was attacked by a woodchuck 3 times so i have only the two in the pics below.

Ok so i am in a tent with two 150w LED's. I had been vegging with the more full spectrum bar, but flipped the other bar just yesterday. I was worried about heat without any ventilation. I hope to get that taken care of soon, but for now im just keeping the tent open when i can. But after only one day i could really see the difference with the other bar running. It is far red, red and blue and man they are liking it.

I have all Purple Widow and two others vegging now. I am waiting for some branch growth to happen before i put a screen over them. I have Fimmed/Topped each plant and tried the Supercrop method. I gotta say the Supercrop worked great and i saw no stress the next day, you couldn't even tell i did anything. So today i used the method on a couple others.

The pic's are my re veg's and tent with plants at a bit smaller. The pics were taken 2 days ago, but they have grown 3-4'' since then, im luvin it.

I am using Earth Juice for nutes and thought i would feed twice, water and feed twice again. It seems i have never had a good feeding schedule yet. And saw someone else doing this so i thought i would try to stick with it. I have only had a few grows inside, but was as good as i could hope for. But need to step it up here with this grow:dance013:And i will too.............

Anyone who has any suggestions, just let me know. Like i said
this is my first scrog so advise is wonderful:tiphat:

Oh the outside re veg's are Gordy's Spice #18, which i flowered in the tent over winter. I am hoping for them to get to at least 3'. Last year they grew to about 6-7' and i was in freak mode all summer. Got ripped twice too with that grow and almost a third, but keeping it small this year. Pic's from last years re veg is in my Album, its worth looking, big for me, but these are much more Indica genetics.

Enjoy my friends:wave:

LSY

Attachments

• re veg 1.jpg
    re veg 1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 13
  • re veg 2.jpg
    re veg 2.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 9
  • tent 6 19.jpg
    tent 6 19.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 14
  • tent inside 6 19.jpg
    tent inside 6 19.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 13

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice, let's keep it off topic then, how's the weather in your part of the world? :D jk
All the best LSY, I'm gonna :lurk:

gh

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I gotta chair for this one. LSY how about a pic of the LED set up. Kinda like to see what your running,thinking thats the way to go.
My buds are swelling nicely i my scrog. Keep up the great work,looking forward to seeing the plants grow.
Ganja_hasi ,The weather is high of 69 and partly sunny, rained all day yesterday Here where I reside..
:plant grow::bongsmi::smoweed:

Last edited:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Tagged! ;)

glad to see ya started it finally,.... now that leaves me having to get on the ball huh? :D

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i'm in... :lurk:

btw, i have the same full spectrum 150 watt LED bar the LSY has. I have not been able to grow our beloved plant yet, but am growing peppers, lettuce and basil under it.

it's great, i want another one.

i used to run three 150 HPS bulbs and I haven't been able to prove it yet, but really believe the LED bar is equal to 300 watts of HPS. We'll see someday...

However, in the meantime, LSY can prove the worthiness of this LED. Really look forward to your scrog !!!

here's what i used to do under a single 150 HPS...

P7260006.jpg

here's a couple pics of the LED bar

dcam6501.jpg

dcam6498.jpg

and what's it's doing. both of these are larger now... :wave:

Dcam6558m.jpg

Dcam6555.jpg

LetsSeeYa

Hot, and hotter in the tent.............

Hot, and hotter in the tent.............

Thanks for everyone who stopped in and also the great pic's. Please feel free to toss up what ya got. I would like to see some good scrog pic's so feel free to show off your work! Maybe il learn something along with all the reading iv done. Plus i should add for you who doesnt know that im a quadriplegic. The reason i am telling this here is because i have a hard time reaching some things. So when i say ''i cant do that'', it comes down to me not able to reach something or without the finger dexterity, i can say that LST isn't easy for me. But have been using pipe cleaners, which i saw Marlo using them for his vert grow. Its worked so far, but if anyone has any other ways, please let me know:thank you:
Oh and just to let anyone reading know, im not the pity type so please save it, i have been like this for over half my life and do well. But if you do have a question about it, no problem, ask away. I would rather have you know the truth then assume facts that just aren't so.

Ok i tried to post two days ago, but with my slow ass dial-up nothing would load. So im trying again.

I am down to one re veg plant. The 2nd plant had the green taken off by that damn woodchuck and will not make it without any green on it. This was the same spot where the other re veg was taken by the bastard. Its the best spot i have around here as its like a hole in the brush that hides any over view a chopper might spot. Thats why i put two in that spot, but put the best of the three around in the Edna hole i grew last year. This re veg is kicking ass growing everyday, but at this point i need it to get big after losing my other two. But i have two Purple Haze seedlings getting bigger to put out in a safe place, woodchuck free that is. Once the season is over and the brush is dead so will a certain woodchuck:wave:

Inside is a different story. I think iv waited to long to get a screen over them, sorta snook up on me after turning on the other light. Im broke so im looking for anything that could be a ''screen'' to toss over a few of these and flip em. Im thinking i have three females with the others not showing yet. I should have them on 18/6 in stead of 24/0 as i think they show faster, IMO.

But here is the plants now as of two days ago. Its getting a bit to hot for 4 of the 6 plants. The back 2 on each side is taking the heat like a champ, but the others are not liking it so much. When i was getting everything for the indoor set-up the last thing i needed i wasn't able to get and that was a carbon filter and intake fan. Nothing i can do at this time but try and open the tent when i can. I will get one after this grow.

So this means i might have to put some outside. But as they are not sexed yet, i may just have enough to fill the tent, will see? I would like to see what they could do outside cuz the WW strain i did last year was great, but really never finished, because i had to harvest as buds got rip or close. I was afraid id get ripped again so i took it as it was ready. But this has a Purple strain crossed with it and the only Purple iv ever even seen got ripped last year so i would really like to get one.

So im working on getting a screen and sexing the plants. The back right plant is very ready for a screen. So when i get it il flip the lights and find out the sex of any i havent found yet. I though it was going to be much easier to sex my plants when i bought my scope, but i think its only frustrating me more. But as soon as i flip the lights, i will or not see pistils. I just hate this part, its like a kid that gets to open just one x-mas present the night before. The kid gets all excited, but opens SOCKS. What a pisser for a kid, i remember, lol.

Ok heres what i took two days ago and as you see, i have to get a screen on a couple soon or il never get a good even canopy, i think? One other question would be, how big of pots i can get away with. These are only 1 liter pots so i wonder if i messed up even putting them in those pots? I do have 3 liter pots, i believe as they are not marked and i cant remember from last year what size they are, but still not as big as iv seen you scroggers out there using? But my hydro guy seems to think i can use em? I have a few 5 gal's and a big grow tray, which im thinking about using if there are 2 or 3 plants.

Any advise will be taken, thanks :wave:

LSY

LetsSeeYa

This isnt getting any more easy wit the pic's..hmmmm

This isnt getting any more easy wit the pic's..hmmmm

Pic's.:wave:

Attachments

• tent 21.jpg
    tent 21.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 13
  • tent 21 nd.jpg
    tent 21 nd.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 14

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
how high above the plants is led bar?

EDIT: one more thing, not trying to give you a hard time, but scrogging is going to take some dexterity. how do plan on doing this if you are a quadriplegic?

LetsSeeYa

how high above the plants is led bar?

I havent measured it, but i would say at least 2' maybe 2'-6''. I was told 18'', but need to get some chain to raise and lower the lights to get a good idea where they will be most effective.

EDIT: one more thing, not trying to give you a hard time, but scrogging is going to take some dexterity. how do plan on doing this if you are a quadriplegic?

Oh i know your just pointing out the obvious as dexterity will play a big role in me completing this Scrog. Over the years iv picked up ways of doing things to compensate for my lack of mobility and i do it well. It was and still is a concern, but i have ideas now and will come up with more while working on the plants. I do have whats called a ''button hook'', its to use to button a shirt. But has a long sturdy wire with a small hook on the end, which i can use for moving small growth and maybe even copy it with a coat hanger for more heavy growth. So i do have idea's and if i just get stuck on something that needs done, i can call a grower friend that would help. I may ask him to help me get started with just getting a screen over the plants, then i would take over. I am not one to ask for help, because i can most often figure out how to get er done. And if not, il ask.

Thanks for the questions bro, i want people to ask this sorta stuff so they understand when i have a problem its due to accessibility. Honestly that part is something im not as worried about.

However i am worried about my pot size. I could not re pot after the plant has gotten up into the screen. Most people iv seen are using 5 gal buckets, which i have bigger pots but just put them in these current pots their in. Also, i may have my friend help me put a screen in the tent and secure it. Once this is done i will be able to get growth where it needs to be, its amazing what you can learn in 26 years. So i can manipulate my fingers in a way that some people cant tell i dont have movement in my hands.

Sometime people think cuz i say im a quad, they think i cant move shit, like a third base dude. But ''quad'' means affecting four limbs so i can move my arms, but cant feel under my arms or most of my fingers. And the feeling in front of my body is about where your shirt collar would go across your neck. But after this car crash i kicked ass and built up what i had and used a manual chair for 15 years to build lots of muscle. Pushing the chair will really get ya strong and because of it, i was able to drive a car through college and work. Just fold it up and pull the chair behind my seat and take off, it was killer. Then i wrecked so no car now, sucks.

I am a bit worried about reaching growth in the back, but read in a thread to grow forward, then back to fill the screen. He said it was easier to reach. I forget who, but its in ''pearlemae's'' thread.

Game plan as of now and yeah i may run into a problem, but nothing that would make me not run the scrog. Man everyday there is something i gotta figure out that needs to get done. I can roll a joint, but found that one of those cheapy machines is easier. But if there are other issues you think i might have problems with please let me know, i can usually figure out how to get it done.

If ya get a chance look at my album, i grew out those big ass re vegs last year all by myself. The holes were the tough part to get dug, but i think i dug 8 all together. Sorry now im just braggin:dance013:. Thanks for asking bro, most people think its not right to ask, but then they never really ever know the truth, they just think they do.

LSY

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Looking forward to seeing your girls get going!

I guess I cut too much off of my G-revege,.... its dead, oh well I've got other shit on my plate anyway.

LetsSeeYa

Looking forward to seeing your girls get going!

Me to Canni, i need something to use as a screen and i will be in business. But i am going to flip them this next week, im tired of looking for pistils and by flipping them il see em in a day or two. So then il know what im dealing with. I am not sure how many i should do in there, the tent is 2 x 4 x 5'. If they do well i think two would take up all the space, but if not one more would be perfect. I think i need to lower my light too.

I guess I cut too much off of my G-revege,.... its dead, oh well I've got other shit on my plate anyway.

Thats to bad man what are your next grow plans man? If ya get time toss up a few pics bro, i know everyone would like to see what ya got going on.:artist:

Thanks for stoppin man,

LSY

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I've got a grafted plant that's about ready to flip (i'll start a thread on that one soon), and some Rodney beans to try indoors, as well as a couple of Rod crosses (kush and HB)

New laws have me growing only for myself and the wife, so things are much slower in my room now and I've got 680w of lights that are OFF because I simply don't need them. :frown:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i need something to use as a screen and i will be in business. I think i need to lower my light too.

I initially made my scrog screen with vinyl-coated clothesline on a pvc pipe frame. I think that the vinyl was possibly out-gassing, though because I had some "nute deficiencies" that I could never get resolved and have never come back on subsequent grows.

I found a product at Home Depot in the concrete section that was a screen with 2" openings and building paper on both sides, held together with a light adhesive. The screen size was perfect, the paper pealed right off and left no residue. I cut it to size, zip-tied it to the original framework, and have been using it ever since.

I have seen people on here use that vinyl erosion fencing, and the openings could be trimmed to whatever size you wanted with a pair of scissors. I would be concerned about the out-gassing potential of this stuff, however.

Hope this gives you some ideas! I'm interested to see how your LED bars work - I have been interested in them since I followed Strt8outaWeed's journal on another site.

LetsSeeYa

Here is a pic with the LED's off. I have them some what tied down, but il be working on that more today. They have grown a lot in the past two days, but they were feed then too. And iv found that if i water more often, the plants are more comfortable with the heat. With 2 150w lights in a tent your going to have some heat, but i would never be able to put a HID in there with out any venting.

Hey Canni id like to see how that works out for ya, have you flowered any other grafted plants yet? Sounds like it should look cool as hell man. Good luck dude:)

LSY

Attachments

• tent 25th.jpg
    tent 25th.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 12

LetsSeeYa

I initially made my scrog screen with vinyl-coated clothesline on a pvc pipe frame. I think that the vinyl was possibly out-gassing, though because I had some "nute deficiencies" that I could never get resolved and have never come back on subsequent grows.

I found a product at Home Depot in the concrete section that was a screen with 2" openings and building paper on both sides, held together with a light adhesive. The screen size was perfect, the paper pealed right off and left no residue. I cut it to size, zip-tied it to the original framework, and have been using it ever since.

I have seen people on here use that vinyl erosion fencing, and the openings could be trimmed to whatever size you wanted with a pair of scissors. I would be concerned about the out-gassing potential of this stuff, however.

Hope this gives you some ideas! I'm interested to see how your LED bars work - I have been interested in them since I followed Strt8outaWeed's journal on another site.

Yeah i saw your screen and thought it looked nice, even thought about getting some PVC pipe. I wondered how you got the screen to attached to the pipe.

Thanks rives:wave: il see what i can come up with.

LSY

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
have you flowered any other grafted plants yet? Sounds like it should look cool as hell man. Good luck dude:)

LSY

Nope, I'm still about 50% on successful grafting, this is the first plant that I've gotten a graft to take on that will be flowered. So this will be a new experiment for me. I've grafted DJ Short Vanniluna to a single node of my Blueberry. They have similar feeding requirements, tho the DJ tends to be a bit lighter feeder than the Blueberry so I expect it to be a bit leafy.

Pic1: The graft
Pic2: the whole plant, the grafted node is just to the left of the timer in the background.

Attachments

• IMG_2558.jpg
    IMG_2558.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2560.jpg
    IMG_2560.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 11

LetsSeeYa

Nope, I'm still about 50% on successful grafting, this is the first plant that I've gotten a graft to take on that will be flowered. So this will be a new experiment for me. I've grafted DJ Short Vanniluna to a single node of my Blueberry. They have similar feeding requirements, tho the DJ tends to be a bit lighter feeder than the Blueberry so I expect it to be a bit leafy.

Pic1: The graft
Pic2: the whole plant, the grafted node is just to the left of the timer in the background.

Wow Canni, make sure ya let me know when ya start, this is going to be cool as hell. Do ya still have the other plant with all the different strains on it? It would be cool with 5-6 different strains flowering on the same plant at the same time:jump:

LSY

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Yep, she's my primary mother plant ATM,.... just gave her a proper Bonsai trimming today, chopped about 30% of all the growth off of her keeping just select few nodes for taking clones.

Feeding is the only real problem with multiple strains on 1 root structure, which is why the White Widow graft has never done any good for me, it wants WAY more CalMag than any other strain in my garden. There's NO way I could flower that strain grafted to my blueberry root structure :frown:

hazy

Veteran
nice grafting. Could be a way to run multiple strains and keep the numbers down.

LetsSeeYa

So i lost half half the last re veg i had. It was the groundhog i think again, but there still is 1 branch left so maybe il get a few buds from it if its left alone.

Have one girl so far. I am in 24/0 which IMO takes longer then 18/6 to show sex, but was racing to get em big. I started to late this year and should have just got clones from the last grow, i would have been cool. Never again will i let this happen, i like my outdoor grows.

Still no screen, just vegging now looking for girls. Think im getting cross eyed, but the best plant is fem. I looks so good i may get clones and keep her for a mom, she's my best strain i have. But maybe il get a clone and flower her, probably go this way, i need the meds.

LSY

Latest posts

Latest posts