What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LSY's LED Scrog Grow Show with Re Veg's Going Outside

LetsSeeYa

25th day under LED 12/12 update

25th day under LED 12/12 update

ready for updated pics

Here ya go GP:dance013:

The first two pic's are the top of the best Indica. The other you can see the top buds visible in the pic's of the WW x PH in 5th pic to the right. I didn't want to top it as its up over the lights now. So what i did was tipped it to its side to make it turn up to the lights, then i will tie the top to its pot. Plus it has started to bud great where i had taken fan leaves. It was the one i thought was a twin, but just looking like devils horns:), i need to clean up all the growth at the bottom, which i will take as a clone to keep both strains going:jump:

I gave them a good feeding before putting that plant sideways and after today i will tie it to the pot and let the buds finish growing. I tried to bend it, but it folded on me so i just let it go until i thought about putting it on its side for a couple days, 3 to be exact.:)

The 3rd and 4th is the cross, but look different as the bud shot pics are on one plant are nice size for 25 days. Now looking at the last ''tent'' shot you can see in the back the other cross, which was topped late and did get stressed. But has pulled out and now growing well with way more bud sites then the other cross, but just behind in its growth. I am confident that as it might be the last taken, but the best yielder. :blowbubbles:. I just gotta hope the buds get to the size of the 3rd and 4th pics as its the same plant, which im thinking no problem just more time needed cuz of the stress. It was re potted very late and topped about a week ago, but now my lights shine right through it. I am thinking medium size nugs, but plenty of them!

The last pic is the over all tent, but not sure you can see the plant laying on its side. But like i said, in the morning i will tie her down and she will get better light. Also the plant in the back is the plant i took about a foot off the top and planted it in a pot that i coated with root tone and also watered it with my cloning solution once. I have been feeding it like the others and with a move in my plans, i will take the top couple buds and re veg it for clones for the next go round. But im going to need a veg box, which i have something that needs painted and a door put on the front, which will be perfect as a night side table/mother clone box. So i do have a plan in place this time. I will get tons of clones from a re vegged plant with a few buds on them. I hope i can get a scrog screen in place by then.:jump:

Well i hope you can understand what i wrote, i was in a rush. And i am really hoping the pic's will load, because i think these are the best pic's so far. With only 25 days into 12/12, im thinking they are looking not to bad. I am liking the LED's:comfort:

Thanks for stopping:thank you:

LSY

Attachments

• 8 19 indica 1.jpg
    8 19 indica 1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 8 19 tent.jpg
    8 19 tent.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 8 19 ww x ph  w side plant on r.jpg
    8 19 ww x ph w side plant on r.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 8 19 ww x ph 2.jpg
    8 19 ww x ph 2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 8 19 ww x ph 1.jpg
    8 19 ww x ph 1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 8 19 indica 2.jpg
    8 19 indica 2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 8

LetsSeeYa

Thanks GP, but im thinking i have my lights to close, but to late to lower them. I had them up on a box with the lights in a fixed position and should have taken it out when i flipped.

I think i would have gotten better branching with the lights bouncing off the reflective walls, I dont believe it would help at this point, but will get pulley things i cant think of the name atm. Yo Yo's maybe i think their called will be in the tent next go round.

Live grow an learn i guess:ying:

Thanks for stopping my friend:thank you:

LSY

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
that's the way it is with every grower i have ever known. each new crop/harvest brings new knowledge, better techniques, better yields, etc....

that's part of the fun, dialing it in.... :good:

btw, how far away are the lights? 18" or less and you're good...

LetsSeeYa

that's the way it is with every grower i have ever known. each new crop/harvest brings new knowledge, better techniques, better yields, etc....

that's part of the fun, dialing it in.... :good:

How far you ask, lol. Well one has grew up past the lights and one is about 4'' and 2 at about 10'' to 12'' away. My LST is less to be desired for sure and canopy, well it got away from me. Next round will be a scrog for sure.

I am afraid to move them at this point, but will adjust them next round.

Thanks bro:tiphat:

LetsSeeYa

Well the Scrog was going to be the method, but just couldn't get one together. That cross WW/PH would do well i think under a screen, its got some stretch when flipped, but not to much. Thats what im after next round or do like a bunch of small clones in small containers with no veg time. Try and get a bunch of hopefully colas that would all be 1/2oz's each, i have seen it done and i think its on this site. He gets a harvest every six weeks i think, if im remembering right, but he does like 72 cups per grow, which is 36 Oz's a round. Thats my kinda grow man, im going to look for that thread.

part of the fun, dialing it in.... :good:

Yeah your right, but my first CFL grow has measured up to the 2 rounds in the tent. That just isn't right, but i have my plants so close to the lights, i am missing the combination of the both. So im thinking that the red/blue light isn't meeting up with the full spectrum light, which is not giving me the full strength of the set-up. Next round will be set up a lot different and if i can get a good exhaust with a scrubber, i would like a 150hps to add to the LEDS in 12/12. Bigger buds and faster growth im thinking. But im using clones next run, the seeds just take way to long and im out before next round is even vegged. Plus i have a small 8 site cloner iv never used yet.

This was my wrong doing with this round. I have them way to close. I could probably unplug the red/blue light and get the same results. I have the plants to close so the lights and plants are so close, i believe the lights are not combining as one grow source. Only because they need some space between the lights and the plants to really combine all spectrum's to the plants canopy, which i messed up. My issues are a problem because the tent is set up without good accessibility for me. I messed up a plant yesterday, because its just to hard to get in there and do what i and every grower needs to do. Hell, its even hard to pull them out of the tent to work on them and lost a big ass branch yesterday trying to bend that plant that grew over the lights.

But once i move, everything will be great and the set up will meet my individual needs. I would really like to get out to Cali, but never did much traveling so i really dont know even how to start. I have looked at a few apartments on line, but way out of my price range. Plus i do not know anyone out there to look for my needs. But i plan to try and may need to stay around here to get my ducks in a row to get out there. I would like to go out to the North Eastern part of the State, but i would go anyplace i could, given the chance.

Thanks for the Rep bro, its the first iv received for the thread, i guess its weak looking compared to some of the grows on this site. But i will be dialing it in once i move in the next month or two, im not sure at this point.

Thanks man:wave:

GP73LPC

Veteran
well personally for me, the whole grow tent thing doesn't make sense.

if it's for maintaining and controlling the smell i understand it's use, but it really isn't stealth if that is part of it's purpose. and as you mention in your case is quite prohibitive.

i grew in a cabinet for years and it was stealth, but was also somewhat prohibitive. i did build drawers to pull out however so i could work on each set of plants. link in my sig...

in your case, i think no tent if possible would be the way to go, allowing you access all around the plants. but controlling smell them becomes an issue.

best of luck my friend...

LetsSeeYa

well personally for me, the whole grow tent thing doesn't make sense.

if it's for maintaining and controlling the smell i understand it's use, but it really isn't stealth if that is part of it's purpose. and as you mention in your case is quite prohibitive.

i grew in a cabinet for years and it was stealth, but was also somewhat prohibitive. i did build drawers to pull out however so i could work on each set of plants. link in my sig...

in your case, i think no tent if possible would be the way to go, allowing you access all around the plants. but controlling smell them becomes an issue.

best of luck my friend...

And that would be the issue, which is to hide it yet get to it, plus keep the smell in the tent. I have people coming here that would hurt me bad if found. But no other choice, i need the help. This might be my last indoor till i can move to a friendly State. I am trying, but never really traveled much and only have been maybe 100 miles from home, which makes it hard to know just how to move across the country. I would like to move out west to Cali or even Colorado, i guess anyplace i can get a scrip. My Doc would give me one im thinking if i was in the right State, but im not. I do have an Aunt in Michigan with a sister close to her. I may call her today or at least get her number. I dont have long to stay here thats for sure. Once my grow is finished and packed im moving. I just hope i have time to finish this grow, its going to be one of my best indoor grows. Im liking the ''defoliation'' method so far. I am getting good penetrating with it or better then last round.

Thanks a lot bro:wave:

LSY

LetsSeeYa

Pic update at day 33 in and outside cross

Pic update at day 33 in and outside cross

This first pic is one of the WW x PH crosses i took out of the tent after the ground hog ate up my re veg's. The other was taken yesterday, which is showing the nice growth at just below the top. I would say 2 D batteries held side by side. Close as i could compare it to.

I will try and get a few of the other cross bud shots, they get bigger everyday so im hoping the first pic thats outside gets even better buds:dance013:

LSY

Attachments

• out.jpg
    out.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 8 28 inside.jpg
    8 28 inside.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 9

LetsSeeYa

These are the cross i took bud shots of, but at the time would not load. They are from the same plant taken on the 19th. I thought i would get some today to compare how the rate of growth is going.

This is only my second run in the tent so im not sure just how fast they should be growing? So let me know if they are shit small.

This one sits in the corner and has branched out very nice and im getting buds below all up and down under these buds. So with some patience, i could get more just like these in time.

BTW i tried to bend what i thought was a twin and broke one side. I tried to fix it with a bit of tape, but it only stuck to my fingers and messed it up worse. So, i thought i would help the very shitty tape job with a pipe cleaner, just to help it stand up a bit better:laughing:. Well it bent a few more times and is now a clone, lol. But thats cool as i now have a cut of each, but i only chucked it in a cup with some cloning solution and water, but i have a couple roots and will put it in soil if not today, soon. If ya could of been a fly on the wall, you would be laughing your ass off. But i wasn't, at least then, lol.

LSY:wave:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Lookin killer bro! :good:

I'm just getting some bud points on my super secret camouflage outdoor grow, so yours isn't looking too bad IMHO! :D

Under the LED looks to be crushing it ATM, can you get a pic with something else for scale? Lighter, thumb, beer can,... whatever?

How about a lights off with flash to see the "True" colors of the plant? (you can use a single green CFL to light it up enough to get the pick, the flash will over ride the green light, I know $$$ is tight on your end ;) )

LetsSeeYa

Lookin killer bro! :good:

I'm just getting some bud points on my super secret camouflage outdoor grow, so yours isn't looking too bad IMHO! :D

Man that plant is really small, but budding up really nice. I went out last night and i have tons of buds growing now. I put it out in a place so that it gets only about 5 hours, if that. But knew it would start to flower early and hopefully finish soon. Its that cross i have in my tent, its a WW x PH, but im not sure how long she will go. And i took that with my phone. I have 2 other sativa's that are about 4' 8'', right at my head, but been feeding mad nutes. The ol boy that gave them to me gets big ass monsters and told me i should pull 2lb's, but im thinking maybe one. With the move im making il need it as im not sure what the growing conditions are going to be like. But i will try and get pic's of the bigger ones today too. I did some bending o the branches to increase the yield, but just playing around with what might work. I can say it gave mad growth above the bend on the males i chopped, lol. We will see:laughing:. Its getting close for choppers to fly and freak when i go out there, because dude i cut a path in the chair that a blind man could follow. Plus im a mile from where they leave. Dont have a clue how they missed the re veg grow, i think they cut me slack. I watched them go right over the site TWICE, i was so uncomfortable all year, but never thought they would get that huge.

Under the LED looks to be crushing it ATM, can you get a pic with something else for scale? Lighter, thumb, beer can,... whatever?

Yeah i am going to do that today, because they are not as big as i had posted, but was looking at pic's at the time. So i totally get ya on the size thang. The one cross is doing great with nice firm buds at the tops with smaller ones working their way down the stem. But that top of the Indica looks sweet and was gifted to me from a C.C dude who said it was a very old strain. I grew one out with that NL#5 and it was killer, for me taking it way early. Thats my problem, i take em to early to often, but not this one.

How about a lights off with flash to see the "True" colors of the plant? (you can use a single green CFL to light it up enough to get the pick, the flash will over ride the green light, I know $$$ is tight on your end ;) )

Well i run 2pm on and 2am off, i know its not right, but meets my needs so i plan to get some today with a visual. I spent 5 hours yesterday trying to post bud shots of that cross, but the pics didn't make it and then my computer *ucked up. Man i was on the phone an hour with my provider to fix it and its still slow. But im going to try to post a couple now, i took on the 19th. This way you can see the growth rate:dance013:

LSY

Attachments

• 8 19 ww x ph 2.jpg
    8 19 ww x ph 2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 8 19 ww x ph  w side plant on r.jpg
    8 19 ww x ph w side plant on r.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 8 19 ww x ph 1.jpg
    8 19 ww x ph 1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 7

LetsSeeYa

Got new improved pic's that will be posted tonight with a size object to see actual growth:}, i just dont have time atm. Will be just about when you get off work Canni!

LSY

LetsSeeYa

39 days in flower pic's under the LED's

39 days in flower pic's under the LED's

Sorry i didn't get these up last night, but you can see a size comparison to the lighter taped to my jiggin pole:blowbubbles:

The first two are the Indica, not as big when compared to something as in a post, i said close to 2 double D's looking at pic's. But after opening the tent 10min later, i thought WTF? So i will use something for comparison when describing size from now on, lol. I luv this strain and its been around a long time without being watered down. And its very killer. One maybe two tokes and the pain almost goes away and two perks cant do that, which are prescribed by my Doc, for mods info.

The other two are the WW x PH. I am liking the way buds are building up below the bigger top buds. The other cross i topped is still catching up and the buds are really airy, but all these pics have firm nugs. But the other cross is building up and i expect the buds to fill in, im not sure why they wouldn't, but may take a bit more time.

I have some shots of the few i have out, but they are in no means big ass monsters, but i like to have 2 or 3 out each year. I am not sure the strain as the two were gifted, but the one is a cross i took from the tent to make more room. The other plants i took out were Blueberry and both went male, so of course i pitched them.

Man i had bad luck this year with male to female ratio, cuz last years winter indoor, which went into the re veg's, i got 5 outta 6 girls. I was pissed i didn't use these this year, but next round for sure. They are NL#5 and Skunk#1, plus the two were crossed. They were a gift and mixed so a surprise each grow. I got the NL and the cross, but not the Skunk yet.

Now lets see if they post! I will try and get the 3 small outside ones next if i have time. They have a lot of buds growing, but just not real tall plants, like the gifter gets. 15-20 footers.

LSY:dance013:

Attachments

• 8 30 ww x ph top.jpg
    8 30 ww x ph top.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 9
  • 8 30 ww x ph.jpg
    8 30 ww x ph.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 9
  • indica top 8 30.jpg
    indica top 8 30.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 8 30 indica.jpg
    8 30 indica.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 9

LetsSeeYa

Didn't have time to get the 3rd, but took one of the cross with buds showing all over the plant. I couldn't get them all, but the buds are from the top to the bottom, sweet:dance013:. I will get the other gifted plant maybe tonight.

The other pic is of one of the gifted plants. This is a great spot for a couple and got myself in a bad place last year with the monster re veg's. I will never do that again the whole summer sucked, i was freaking out the entire grow. So if you ever do a re veg, assume you will get a monster for-damn-sure!

Maybe in a bit i will post the other. Notice the bending i did in the 2nd pic for more bud sites. You can compare it with the other when i post it. Big difference in the 2, but still plenty enough for me:blowbubbles:

LSY

Attachments

• Top cross.jpg
    Top cross.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 8 30 out.jpg
    8 30 out.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 7

GP73LPC

Veteran
very cool. :good:

the buds under the LED are looking good. at this point in flowering those buds should really start putting on some weight ;)

keep up the good work...

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
Cool grow! I didn't bother defoliating myself on my last round, however the plants weren't se leafy and didn't need it!

Thanks for sharing, love LED grows.

LetsSeeYa

Thanks for stopping in on the update!

Thanks for stopping in on the update!

very cool. :good:

the buds under the LED are looking good. at this point in flowering those buds should really start putting on some weight ;)

keep up the good work...

Yeah not bad and the under the LED's were taken 20 days ago, lol.

Cool grow! I didn't bother defoliating myself on my last round, however the plants weren't se leafy and didn't need it!

Thanks for sharing, love LED grows.

Thanks for stopping in WB, i luv the LED's as GP does too:dance013:

Dont be a stranger man as i have about 26 days till chop time and the outside ones are just starting to really get nice and big:)

LSY