What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

benzo goes round 3!!! 1kw in 3g coco grow bags

benzo

Round 3!!!

picture.php

dj short blueberry..

Back at it again..

1000 watt HPS
Hortilux cooled by a 8in 745 cfm caps fan
8in ducting all the way through

General Hydroponic Coco Tek
Watering with Blumat Drippers

I feed with, ==Recipe==
GH Micro
GH Bloom
GH Kool Bloom (Powder)
with a minor tweak:
Technifloroa Magical Plus
Dyna Grow Pro-Tek Silica (AKA my ph UP)
House & Garden Drip Clean

(per 5 gallon application is as follows; 45ml,30ml,1tsp,25ml,5ml,and 2ml. )

Key differences from last round are:

BIGGER HOOD!. (Thanks alamony) 8in magnum air cooled hood.
No perlite.. its gonna get hot.. Don't need extra drainage
Not gonna use any ph up, just using silica as ph up...

I was gonna use smart pots, but they all got ruined.. (long story) :/ (i know imma regret it slowandeasy, lol..) So I'm using grow bags, instead of pots.. dunno what kinda difference that's going to make.

On to the plants
The plants have been vegging for a loong time.
I cut 50+ clones offa them in the last month or so.
Did a bunch of defoliation, up-potted into 3 gallons grow bags (took 3 1/2 huge bricks of coco!!)

Yea I know, enough with the talking and on with the pictures..

picture.php

I started off in these 2g grow bags. As time progressed I culled the plants down to 17 plants. 13 in my 4x4 tray, 4 out of the tray.

2/23/11
First pic I have, which happens to be a defoliation pic. (Damn it I wish I had a before...they were soooo bushy and leafy)
picture.php

3/9/11
After Defoliation
picture.php

3/12
picture.php

3/13/11
picture.php

3/18/11
picture.php

also 3/18/11 My new piece.. Hi Si glass.. legit!
picture.php

3/23/11
Before taking clones...

picture.php

still 3/23/11

The Clones...
picture.php

Still 3/23/11

After clones..
picture.php

Last 3/23/11 shot.. Notice the 6in ducting and SMALL hood..
picture.php

3/25/11
Wonder how this happened?? ;-) I have no idea which plant I did that too.. and I can't see to find the knot now.. hahaha. probably wont find it till harvest time.
picture.php

3/26/11
Pretty, but unruly, canopy
picture.php

3/28/11
Still filling out nicely... Can't really tell from the pics but the tray is progressively loosing plants.

picture.php

3/30/11
Buncha res changes and top offs.. some flushing and trimming. Caulking up some cracks/light proofing, etc.. getting ready for flower.

picture.php

4/4/11
This is a pic of the ONE mendo purps, that i DIDNT cull.. alll the other ones were BELOW my canopy.. for somereason they didnt do so well after the transplant from the r/w cubes into coco. probably cause they went from cubes --> 2 gallon bags. Oh well, live and learn.

Anyways, the one that survived has the BIGGEST leafs outta the bunch.
picture.php

benzo

4/4
Took about 40ish clones
picture.php

picture.php

Still 4/4...
Canopy after cutting clones
picture.php

4/6
uuhhoooh....
some of the plants were way over due for a transplant...

check out this blumat BUTT hole.. haha
picture.php

sooooo root bound..

picture.php

has anyone seen anything worse than this?
im not braggin... cause I know its bad, but I'm curious and would like to see some pics :biglaugh::biggrin:

picture.php

and finally.. pics from today.
First day of flower.. after a FULL 24 hours of darkness
4/11
picture.php

tha grow corner
picture.php

I forgot to add up at the top,
I'm running
DJ Short Blueberry
Rez Double Strawberry Diesel
Speed Queen
Mendo Purp..

Damn, I forgot to get pictures of the new exhaust and hood... I'll post some up later..

And thats it for now.

leave me some love/comments and constructive criticism.
thank%20you.gif

That's how to do it Benzo. I love the knotted branch, that is some stoner shit right there. Can't wait to see what comes of that.

We like pics!!!!!! HAHA. I been wondering what this hood was going to look like. sure would be nice to see it for once.

EDIT:

Didn't see you fixed your Pandora mess up. LMFAO! Hey I hope this flower treats you right. I can't wait to watch those girls bud. I also really like the grow corner's neatness and how everything has a certain spot. Gives me some ideas. I Think I feel a new CFL cab coming in the works today :moon: HAHA. I can't believe you forgot hood pics. Now I would expect something like that from me.
Benzo's 3rd round needs to be :bump: ed.

benzo

4/12.. bigger hood and 8in exhaust...
picture.php

Crap... my ghetto duct tape strap musta came down last night. That's why the end is low to the ground. I'll redo it tonight..

Lotta perky tops! And canopy is still staying somewhat even.

benzo

hey,... im thinking bout adding a trellis to hold these bitches up..

or maybe building a 4x4 square with 1x1 wood then running the green twisty wire across..

is it to late tho? any suggestions or comments ??

benzo

Happy 4/20 !!!

4/20 defoliation pile..
picture.php

Took this right after lights out.
picture.php

Looking at the tray from the left at a weird angle.
picture.php

huntingbb

woo hoo happy 4-20

looks sweet bro, can't wait to see how it turns out!

How much 12/12 so far?

oh, and of course, 'subbed!

benzo

Damn those jumped up quick.

They have.. not nearly as bad as the prior 2 runs tho...I'm pretty stoked. I got the canopy waaay more even and spread out. Been super cropping all the tops to try and keep them low. So far so good.. I'm just wondering how they gonna look at the end, cause they are spaced so closely together I think they'll turn into one fat ass cola.

dam, bro. them some nice asss roots. i can't wait to see the harvest pic's from this run.
Haha hell yea.. thanks for stopping by, and be sure to peep later, these ladies gonna blow up!!

woo hoo happy 4-20

looks sweet bro, can't wait to see how it turns out!

How much 12/12 so far?

oh, and of course, 'subbed!

Happy 4/20 too you too! And everyone else stopping by..

4/11 was day 1 (they received a full 24 hours of darkness to give em a jump start into flower)

So, today 4/21 they are 10 days in.(whoops, need to change my sig, it says 2 weeks in)

I was going over pics from last run, and boy did they get me excited! Hope this run goes much smoother than last. Which I'm pretty sure will, but ya never know what kinda snags will come your way. Hopefully all I have to worry about is the plants falling over ;-)

B

B. Self Reliant

Crap... my ghetto duct tape strap musta came down last night.

Never bad mouth a ghetto tape job! Sure, you always regret 'em. . . but what would you do without 'em?!

Looks like your new hood covers the edges of your garden more evenly. Lookin' good.

benzo

Never bad mouth a ghetto tape job! Sure, you always regret 'em. . . but what would you do without 'em?!

Looks like your new hood covers the edges of your garden more evenly. Lookin' good.

HahHahah yea duct tape is tha shit.. I'm sure 90%+ gardens use at least of foot of it..

And yea the hood covers it way better than the puny 6in sun leafs one. Even tho I went from a 600 w to 1000w this 8 in hood actually runs cooler.

huntingbb

HahHahah yea duct tape is tha shit.. I'm sure 90%+ gardens use at least of foot of it..

And yea the hood covers it way better than the puny 6in sun leafs one. Even tho I went from a 600 w to 1000w this 8 in hood actually runs cooler.

heh my final light leak is currently plugged with the duct tape