What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Woolybear's 300w LED Grow: Triesel, Server Fund Beans + More

woolybear

Veteran
Hello ICMag!

After several false starts and a few hundred dollars worth of dead seedlings, I've finally kind of dialed it in. I would like to thank the people in this thread:

Fungus gnats or WINGED ROOT APHIDS???

For helping me figure out wtf was killing my plants. My seedlings were damping off, not developing roots; other plants grew for a couple of weeks then died. Cleaned out the grow room and dosed my remaining plants and seed starts in Bayer Tree & Shrub.

Medium/Grow Style:
100% Perlite, in Aurora Innovations Root Pots

Lights:
300w GLH LEDs, started seeds under CFLs for 7 days

Food:
edit: I am using Jack's Pro Hydroponic 5-12-26 + Calcium Nitrate. More info in this thread.

Seeds (All under $30/pack):
AnnaC Triesel x2
UK Cheese x SSCH x3 (Server Auction)
Random Feminised Seeds x4 (Server Auction)
Mists of Destruction Menage a Trois x2
AnnaC ELE x Chemdog BX2 x1 (lone survivor of previous round)

One of the MOD beans is a mutant.

10 days from seed. Sorry for the crappy pics.

MOD mutant on bottom left, diesels:

Big winner: UK Cheese x SSCH:

LEDs on:
picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
12 days from seed

12 days from seed

- Came home and one of the Sour Diesels was very droopy; cup didn't seem too light, watered it, hope it perks up!
- Might've transplanted the big UK Cheese into the big hempy a lil too soon.

album.php
picture.php

SD in front and MOD are doing nicely:

picture.php

album.php

woolybear

Veteran
13 days from seed

13 days from seed

uk cheese x SSCH #1
picture.php

uk cheese #2
picture.php

ukc #3
picture.php

Menage a trois #1, mutant, has thin stem at base
picture.php

menage #2
picture.php

Dansk Sour Diesel #1
picture.php

DSD #2. #3 may be dead.

picture.php

Random Feminized auction mix #1
picture.php

female #2
picture.php

fem #3
picture.php

fem #4 (runt)
picture.php

Triesel #1

picture.php

Triesel #2
picture.php

Thinking about popping some more Triesel and other beans now that my environment is stable. Thanks

woolybear

Veteran
BIG NEW YEAR UPDATE!

BIG NEW YEAR UPDATE!

Almost 4 weeks from seed. News:

- 4 females so far: UKC #1, #2, MOD Menage a Trois #2 and Fem#2 have all shown female preflowers
- Fem #2 has a strong, honey bubblegum smell
- The Mr. Bigg's UKC x SSCH don't smell cheesey, more piney sweet, but are definitely skunking up the room
- Took 4 cuttings off the MOD and UKC #1.

Here's a pic:

picture.php

F

firefox

looks like they have settled in very nicely good luck woolybear:tiphat:

woolybear

Veteran
I don't want the femmes to get any bigger - their very bushy and great for cloning.

Plan is:

- make a mom tent/cabinet
- dial-in cloning technique (trying passive wick wit perlite)
- clones in CFL, when rooted move to veg for a few days, then to LED flowering tent

Update:

I originally had two 'sour' diesel plants in coco. They got close to dying due to pests, transplanted to perlite hempys. One is 110% revived, the other I may need to repot and trim roots, its not drinking and the leaves are veiny, may just need to cull this one. I have 4 fresh "SDs" that are doing FANTASTIC. The SDs are the ones in the blue cups - There's also a single mooch755 4sd in the mix as well!

Here are the two MrBiggs UKC x SSCG. #1, very big, took cuttings. Strong menthol pine smell.

Before:

picture.php

after:

picture.php

#2, 1/2 the size of #1. Honey pine smell. Before:

picture.php

after:
picture.php

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
Update: 2 Boys

Update: 2 Boys

Update:

2 Triesels are both boys :( debating on keeping one for pollen, I have tight space.

Have cuts of all the plants now. Debating which moms to put into flower, or at all. Need to make room for the Diesel plants and the pack of CSG grandoggy purps that's coming for me in the mail!

I will need to some time to get some good cuts going, as the moms weren't trained for bonsai mom duty - never topped, etc, just LST. Would like to keep both UKs as moms maybe, plus the bubbgle fem plant.

We shall see!

woolybear

Veteran
Sad to report, both Triesels are boys, I think. I was thinking about keeping one around for pollen.

TR#1 Not much any smell at all
TR#2 Main stem, rubbed, smells like DEER SHIT FUNK with a strong MENTHOL EDGE

TR#1 Short, squat & branchy
TR#2 About 20% taller, more x-mas tree, longer internodes

Is TR #2's MENTHOL DEER SHIT smell stronger than TR#1's bushy branchy structure with no odor? Hmm!

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're gonna dig the triesel's yield and punch. Wish I would have made f2's when I had the chance. I've got the UK Cheese x SSCH freebies too, really interested in seeing how yours turn out.

Subbed!

woolybear

Veteran
Day 3 Flowering Update

Day 3 Flowering Update

Hello ICMAG,

Day 3 flowering, 12/12. About 45 days since it all started.

Have noticed a little bit of stretch on some of the girls, like they were switched to CFL lighting. Had to move my Diesels to another room with CFLs, its amazing the amount they stretch under CFL vs LEDs.

Topped my Diesels to slow them down a bit.

Still have my 2 triesel boys. Think I'll just take a cutting from each, they are just slowly dying at this point. Too cold to take them outside - I'm not in the seedmaking game at this point, need to dump them even though they are great plants :(

The MOD Menage a Trois has huge leaves. Compared to the other plants when taking cuts, the MOD grows beast leaves on the branches I'd consider for cuts. Way beasty. Pretty sure my other MOD is a boy.

I'm also thinking my ELE x ChemdogBX2 is a male as well.

Going to germ 4 each of CSG's Grandoggy Purps and XMas Special tomorrow.

picture.php

Will post photo updates later

woolybear

Veteran
Day 7

Day 7

Row 1: Fem #2, Menage a Trois, UKC x SSCH
Row 2: Fem #3, UK #2, Fem #4, Fem #1

picture.php

picture.php

flowers developing on Fem #4:

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
Day 10

Day 10

Fem #2 has put on flowers the fastest; uk #1 is the fastest eater.

mod menage a trois

picture.php

picture.php

uk #1

picture.php

uk #

picture.php

Fem #1

picture.php

Fem #2

picture.php

picture.php

Fem #3

picture.php

Fem #4

picture.php

Tent shot:

picture.php

Now we keep on playing the waiting game... only 2 more months to go! :jump:

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
The LEDs look like they are working very nicely. Good luck with the grow man. Can't wait to see how this turns out :tiphat:.

teh_piper

I'm curious, how much do you expect to yield with that 300watt LED?

I ask because my friend has a LED light, forgot the watts, that is suppose to replace a 600watt HPS. But I have a 600watt HPS and the yields don't compare... Neither does the light penetration or bud density. I know there are alot of variables between growers, environments, and strains.

I just think it's ridiculous he spent 600$!!!! I think it's a procyon. I could have 1800-2000watts of HPS and yielded pounds with that much investment. The only benefit I've actually seen in the LEDs are very healthy vegatative growth. His plants were always the most beatuiful green in veg, but just never packed on any weight in flowering. And they don't put out much heat or take up much space, which is why I've assumed that people use them.

Anyways, your plants are looking awesome man. I'll be sticking around to see how this turns out :wave:

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
I'm curious, how much do you expect to yield with that 300watt LED?

I ask because my friend has a LED light, forgot the watts, that is suppose to replace a 600watt HPS. But I have a 600watt HPS and the yields don't compare... Neither does the light penetration or bud density. I know there are alot of variables between growers, environments, and strains.

I just think it's ridiculous he spent 600$!!!! I think it's a procyon. I could have 1800-2000watts of HPS and yielded pounds with that much investment. The only benefit I've actually seen in the LEDs are very healthy vegatative growth. His plants were always the most beatuiful green in veg, but just never packed on any weight in flowering. And they don't put out much heat or take up much space, which is why I've assumed that people use them.

Anyways, your plants are looking awesome man. I'll be sticking around to see how this turns out :wave:

LEDs are the future. For now I only find them useful for micro grows, and veg. Actually they're perfect for micro grows and veg.

But in the next 10+ years everyone will have LED units in both their flower and veg rooms.

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Hi Woolybear,
Your plants look extremely healthy, tagging along mate.
UKNo2 has the cheese structure.
UKNo 1.Wow what a monster.
:respect:

teh_piper

LEDs are the future. For now I only find them useful for micro grows, and veg. Actually they're perfect for micro grows and veg.

But in the next 10+ years everyone will have LED units in both their flower and veg rooms.

I believe in technology, the future, and the power there of... But idk if LED's are the future as in 10 years everyone will be using them.

I think they do have a place in the market in the future when they are alot more effective and cost efficient.

However, in 10 years I guarantee someone will be cranking along with their 40 year old magnetic HPS ballast