What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nine Year Old Brothers Grimm Seeds In Home Made DWC/NFT System 4X4X8 Grow Tent

Hi Everyone,

I am current trying to start some very old seeds that I have had here for a few years:clock watch:. I wasn't sure if they would sprout or not as they are about 9 years old. I was shocked when they did sprout to say the least. (Some quality seeds)They were lost in cold storage with rice/film canister for about 9 nine years. I purchase them from Brothers Grimm and wasn't able to grow them out. I had grown out F2 of Grimm seeds over the years but never these originals. Because the seeds were so old they have been having growing pains. They were not very healthy after sprouting in rockwool and I have been nursing them to life ever since.

Grimm seeds started Apollo 11 (2 of 10), Apollo 13 (3 of 10), and C99 (3 of 10).

The Apollo 13 are looking like mutants :( they do seem to be coming along though.

I am hoping they will start to get better formed nodes as they get older.

I have the PH set at about 5.9 and the EC around 1.0. They are all under a 400 watt HPS system.

I built the DWC/NFT system myself out of two big GWC containers I got from Home Depot. They both have a nutrient stream that is recycled though the system that runs back into containers.

Each tub has a air stone and a heater. They also both have a digital temperature reader.

I have also started some older NL #5 X Apollo 11 seeds that were not Grimm seeds. So far these look better getting started.

I have two Apollo 11's that look like the one below I am not sure if it will sprout a new node, I am hoping so. Anyone seen this type of thing before?

Thanks for checking out my newest grow. I will keep updates here.:thank you:

I'm excited to see your c99's, I have pics of mine in my album. Bros Grimm C99, my favorite ever. hope you can find my grail in there....blows your mind

looking good

looking good

@brifunforme Thanks, they are starting to take off some and growing faster now that they are in the NFT system.

@has_some_sinse I consider myself lucky to have found these seeds, though I would never get to try them out. Really enjoyed checking out your Gallery. Hope I have some buds to show you soon. :tiphat::tiphat:

Week two update

Week two update

Hi, here is my week two update. Had a bit of a magnesium problem. Started with Advanced Nutrients this week. Just the Sensi Grow till I can afford some of the additives. Still a lot of growth this week, other tub just added the babies. Keeping a close eye on them.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whatever you do don't kill any of the males these original genetics are almost priceless. We are going to help you do selections for a preservation seedrun. :biggrin:

Week 3 1/2 update

Week 3 1/2 update

Hey everyone, good progress over the last week and half. Plants are growing unbelievably fast! One of the C99 has an amazing Lemon Smell, you can smell it as soon as you open the tent. I am taking clones this weekend. Got a very powerful Axel fan last week, the humidity was getting insane. Sucks the tent walls right in. Keeping the temp about 24 -25C. The Northern Lights X C99 are coming along but are a couple weeks behind. They are on the right hand side of the pictures. Also a couple of Chemo X Apollo 11 on that side.

PH 5.7 - 6.0
EC .80
Sensi Grow A + B, Vitamax and Cal-Mag from GrowTek.

This C99 is the one that has the great lemon smell.

Made a sweet DIY rubber made cloner I will have to post some pics this weekend.

@SOTF420 I will be keeping my best C99 male. Looking right now like I have a male. I have been keeping a close eye on preflowers. Any help you can give would be awesome! :thank you:

mdk ktm

Make seeds please! So you have NL#5 x c99? F2's of them would be amazing. After watching dongle do her thing with it I just have to try it. And C99 is great also. Thanks for sharing

somoz

Veteran
Looking good CD, and I'm surprised there's not more people screaming out seeds seeds. You'll be doing the grower and breeder community a solid by holding onto that pollen and making some crosses. Look forward to your progress and thanks for sharing!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
First off Congratulations on getting your Bros Grimm 9yr old seeds to germinate :good: awesome job your doing with some very rare and highly prized genetics, make those seeds mate and Good Luck with it all, I'll be tagging along to see how it pans out for ya :biggrin:

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
great progress so far.....im intrested in seeing how you put together you DIY cloner.....
keep up the good work man....the'll love the taste of some of the AN additives.....i know my plants do.....GJ

Took some cutting on Saturday, I think the blade was a bit dull and mashed some of the stems. They turned purple and died pretty fast. Some seem to be doing ok. I will post some pics when I do an update. There some pretty spoiled plants.:dance013:

Picked up one of these to drain the water out of the tubs. Had to do two changes this weekend it was pretty rough the plants are getting really big! Hoping this will make the job much easier.

http://www.amazon.com/Wayne-PC2-115...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1290473428&sr=1-1

Last edited:

Blueshark

C dog, Huge excitement on my part for your Bros Grimm 9 yr old stock germing. Most definatly try to get seeds from them thru breeding. I'll be following for the ride. Good luck!!

c99 is awesome, treat her right, Bo!!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great thread, end wait to see the end results. I grew bros grim a-11, and c-99 for several years let me know if you have any questions on the strain.

Week Five Update

Week Five Update

Everything going well. Up the EC to about 1.3 over that last couple of weeks.

One confirmed C99 Female and Male! Breeding pair! Going to keep the male for a chance at some F2 C99 seeds. Also interested in some Apollo 11, 13 crossed with the C99 male.

They are really getting tall now. Going to have to switch sometime this week to 12/12. They are not going to fit in the tent soon! :dance013:

One of the NL#5 X C99 Crosses..

Shiny white roots....

A female pre-flower on the C99 Female...

Thanks for everyone checking out my grow diary
wave.gif