What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Adventures of Mr VerdantGreen

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i'm coming to the end of a spell making seeds and itching to try some of them out... so here is a new diary dedicated to that. The cab for this grow is just under 2ft x2ft and just under 3ft tall... lit by a 140watt HGL blurple LED which ive been using for a while. Organic soil.

I will be growing 3 related new fem lines, based around an F1 of Chem D x Pre-98 Bubba Kush

Bubba D S1: (Chem D x Bubba Kush) x (Chem D x Bubba Kush ) - my hope is that this will give an 'F2' spread of phenos between the 2 clones.
Bubba Zhuzh: (Chem D x Bubba Kush) x Bubba Kush - The F1 backcrossed to to the pre-98 Bubba clone
Chem Zhuzh: (Chem D x Bubba Kush) x Chem D - The F1 backcrossed to the Chem D clone.

I popped 11 seeds.. 3or 4 of each, and got 100% germination. I managed to stretch a few of the seedlings by not putting them under a strong light quickly enough... but only slightly and i'm not too worried:
Zhuzhseedlins.jpg

zhuzh seedlings above.jpg

Attachments

• Zhuzhseedlins.jpg
    Zhuzhseedlins.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 48

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey BeAn v.2.0 thanks for all you do mate !

Definitely some D in that bubba

yeah it's an interesting mix.. the vigor particularly attracted my attention. the smoke of this one was quite incensey and leaning more to bubba smell and taste.. but had more like a chem D potency.

Its nice to be doing a grow diary again!

VG :skiiing:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks tobedetermined ! - we are at the riveting stage of seedline/small plant growth :D - what a time to be alive !

All were potted up on tuesday IIRC, the tiny pots i used to germ the seeds are great for not taking up too much space under the light... but very fiddly to get the plants out for repot, so some slight root damage may have occurred... but they all seem ok.
Here are the Bubba D S1s, one seems to be a little behind , and there looks like there might be some variation (which i am hoping for)
BDS1.jpg
BDS1top.jpg

Attachments

• BDS1.jpg
    BDS1.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 46

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and the Chem Zhuzh:
Chemz.jpg
chemztop.jpg
fyi they all got a good water after the pics ...

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all. plants are coming along ok... still sulking a little after a repot and also perhaps due to very cold weather. I will top these later in the week if i think i'll get away with it. I can flower 9 plants in the cab so i have culled one of the Bubba D S1s that looked to have the worst root growth. now there are 10!

The Bubba D S1s:
S1side.jpg
S1top.jpg
s1macro.jpg