What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tester tent

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I picked up a 4x4 tent and a mars fce4800 to hunt a bunch of strains outside of my big rooms. This thread will just cover the tent. Other rooms in the other thread lol. So first up, the pots and medium. These will be 1 gallon bucket co buckets of coco being hand fed pure blend pro and power si. I just popped seeds for the first round in the tent. Mostly copycat genetics. S1 of Rainbow sherbert 11, oreo bigstuff, cereal milk and grand daddy pluto. Some bodhi hindu hashplant, williams wonder f4s, and hazemans blue bubba also are in the thunderdome. Hoping to stuff in 16, sog style to do quick turn around hunts. Looking for a nice additiin to the big rooms.

Attachments

• photo2083320.jpg
    photo2083320.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 29
  • photo2083321.jpg
    photo2083321.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 22

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Seeing as how the plants in the dome have a ways to go before they are ready, i think i will flower out a few big mothers i have in the tent first. 1 gmo, 1 mimosa,1lemon leaning miracle fruit and a cherry punch.

Attachments

• photo2084047.jpg
    photo2084047.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 25
  • photo2084048.jpg
    photo2084048.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 23

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So i decided to go back to pire blend after running athena for the past 5 cycles in my other rooms. The quality was just lacking for me. The nugs were curing dark and the plants werwnt geowing how they should have even when i follwed their feeding schedule. I do however still use their stack and ipm foliar.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So im waiting on some supplies to get here before i start flowering in the tent. Its all set up minus the carbon filter and fans. Ive got 4 big plants that i plan on putting in. 1 gmo, 1 slh leaning miracle fruit , a nice cherry punch and a deathstar bx. The nursery is jamming with cuts and seeslings so after this first set come out of the tent itll be used specifically for pheno hunting.

Attachments

• photo2087851.jpg
    photo2087851.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 23
  • photo2087852.jpg
    photo2087852.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 21

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Heres the 4 going in once my filter arrives.

Attachments

• photo2087986.jpg
    photo2087986.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 24
  • photo2087987.jpg
    photo2087987.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 22

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So last night i did a pre flower strip and finished vetting the tent all set up. I had to do somr improvising to get my oscilating fan hung. Ended up putting an extra shelf i had in and using that as a mounting panel. The tents ready to get to rocking as soon as i find my timer lol. But just for reference on my strip job, i took a before and after of my miraclr fruit lemon haze leaner. I just love the smell of this strain. Its lemony with a hazey back end. It produces very well and the nugs come out pretty nice. Its not uncommon to pull 8 9 z from a 3gallon.

Attachments

• photo2089988.jpg
    photo2089988.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 23
  • photo2089989.jpg
    photo2089989.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 28

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So this one is 4x4x6. Ill have to definitely supercrop my canopy to maintain a decent distance.

Attachments

• photo2090334.jpg
    photo2090334.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 25

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Move in day. Threw 7 decent sized plants in. 1 gmo. 1 of chunkys 2.0, a williams wonder f4, my keeper of miracle fruit. A mimosa. A rollina and a deathstar bx i was testing for blue star seed co.

Attachments

• photo2090375.jpg
    photo2090375.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 27

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So right now the light is full blast. I stay around 500ppfd in veg and shoot for 1100 or so max in flower. Since i just dropped the plants in yesterday ill keep it full blast but high up for the firat day or two and then lower to my liking. My hlg rspec dont get closer than 16inches, my scorpions 6 to 8 inches.

LostTribe

Premium user
Subb'd

I finally dial'd up my hlg since its been cold and even lowered it down. Seedlings in coco and some in pro mix and noticed the mediums were pretty low temp so think the extra heat should help w slow growth.

How the Williams Wonders doing? Lots of people used to run that on CW/OG.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So the williams wonder is an f4 from seed. I dropped 11 seeds and 2 came up. This one has shown as a female and is growing aS the typical indica. Short and squat with super wide leaves. My hlgs dont put off much heat at all.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
So far 10 days in on the tent and everyrhings looking nice. Slowly bumping up the nutrients and thinning out the leaves.

Attachments

• photo2093215.jpg
    photo2093215.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 22

LostTribe

Premium user
Filled in quick. Is it at 100% and what ec are you at now?

So I checked runoff. Way off. Was way over what I was feeding and ph was 6.5. Trying to reset it. I had to be giving them too much.