What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legitimo Grow Outdoor

A lot of all I’m going to say is in my welcome post.

Recreational finally being legal in my state I knew that I was going to grow and as winter was fading, I searched through buds of good weed to find any viable seeds.

I have gotten some type of blueberry cheesecake and a wonderful seed popped out. I really liked the bud so I treasured the seed. I started it fairly early in the spring and was lucky we did not get a late frost as I had place to seeing and some potting soil out on my front porch. It stayed in the planter for about five weeks and was transferred to its current location about four weeks ago.
My routine is to hit it with miracle grow once a week.

Note to Legitimo naysayers, It may look like a Hop Plant but I assure you that
1. I have never raised hops so the seed isn’t accidental.
2. I maintained chain of custody from finding the seed in the bud- planting- seedling - to current.

I have taken a couple of clippings and I am trying to clone them. Today is day 4 keeping my fingers crossed!

I have not found much information on this plant and that is why I decided to share this diary. Hopefully by the middle of September we will all know more!

Kind Regards

Attachments

• photo2059075.jpg
    photo2059075.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 97
  • photo2059076.jpg
    photo2059076.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 123
I smoke a lot.. have been for a long long long time. I remember that I liked the high and that’s why I coveted the seed. On my scale an 8

So you grew both within proximity of each other and the Legitimo was a male? Sorry, its not clear in your original post.

Edit- oh I did it see that wasyou cosmic lol

Last edited:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
So are you claiming that is from a seed of blueberry cheesecake, or legitimo? I think legitimo is more illegitimo than anything else...that strain sounds like complete BS to me. Sorry bud that plant aint weed..

Ok.. so had some nice weed. I remember it being a blueberry some thing. I asked my guy… And his records showed that it was blueberry cheesecake… I have no way of verifying that. Again I’m a stoner…one of the buds gave up a seed which I planted. I expected a “normal “ looking weed plant but was surprised by what grew.
I searched the internet for weed that looks like, what is growing from my seed. The only match I have seen is perfect “Legitimo”
As I have stated.. I’m a pot head not a scientist.
I’m just growing what the bud gave me.. I take no credit and have zero reasons to bull shit. Again… I coveted the seed from bud to plant..
if you look at my pictures and the pictures that are posted of Legitimo… The leaves are exactly the same. Perhaps someone can figure out how this happens and let me know… You’re not going to get any answers from me.. just the truth.
anyway I’ll keep posting in the event that this turns out to be some really cool or something other than marijuana… We will all find out together!

Attachments

• photo2059235.jpg
    photo2059235.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 60
  • photo2059236.jpg
    photo2059236.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 59

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
......... anyway I’ll keep posting in the event that this turns out to be some really cool or something other than marijuana… We will all find out together!

:good: Keep us updated for sure, it's already something really cool, a mystery cross or throwback and the Legitimo strains on KalySeeds also! :groupwave:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I looked at the kalyseeds offerings and discussions on web and it smacks of poo poo LOL..he claims legitimo to be a japanese hops cannabis hybrid, but if you look online at pictures of japanese hops, it is just that..although a picture or two looks staged with some weed leaves growing in among the hops for photo op. The weed he claims is hybrid in discussions just looks like ducksfoot hybrids. His website sells all sorts of ducksfoot and freakshow varietals so I doubt that any chimeras/species-hybrids are involved. And very inflated prices and not one positive confirmation after nearly ten years of selling the seeds...kalyseeds smells of a scam/bs artist to me.

But your plant looks like every other picture of hops I see online, a bird must have shat a seed out in your pot..happened to me before..wondrous gamechanging species of plants that bring me great medical relief and treatment for my aches and pains, so stranger things have happened than a bird dropping a really useful plant in your garden.

Anyway interesting nonetheless I concur..keep the updates coming of the hops and weed!

...kalyseeds smells of a scam/bs artist to me.

But your plant looks like every other picture of hops I see online, a bird must have shat a seed out in your pot..!

So.. I need to be clear.. I did not get the seed from Kalyseeds and have no affiliation with them.
Still I am hoping that Kalyseeds DID make this happen. I read that it makes a nice window plant and will produce indoors…🤞🏼

Cvh

Supermod
Maybe an idea if the plant could be selfed with itself to check the progeny? So if you then grow out the selfed seeds there can be a Cannabis looking plant amongst the phenotypes if it indeed has a cross between cannabis and jap.hop in its lineage? Plants from selfed seeds aren't identical, in fact they can show an array of phenotypes and potentially reveal something of its history.

Last edited:
More pictures..
at this point they’re in the ground about five weeks. It’s been hot and humid and the plant really likes it space.
I do water when it starts to get dry looking in my gardens but no set amount just keeping things moist.

Attachments

• photo2059414.jpg
    photo2059414.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 61
  • photo2059415.jpg
    photo2059415.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 43
  • photo2059416.jpg
    photo2059416.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 47
  • photo2059417.jpg
    photo2059417.jpg