What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legitimo Grow Outdoor

THE END…

So it’s been quite a journey.
I won’t leave you hanging..
There is NO THC!
Still the nine months of pondering and the $75 for the test was totally worth it for the entertainment value. At least from my perspective!
I still don’t understand how I came to get a seed that grew Purple Hops..
Im going to go smoke a real joint and not think about it for awhile..
Peace ✌🏽

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Hahahaha Classic bro...Well nice to have a conclusion! Next time one of those cheap piss 5 strip tests should also work, just take some flower in ethanol, then ethanol in water, then strip test..it will at least tell if THC there, I used that in past to show that there was opium in afghan hash...

A Requiem for Legitimo

Looking at the hops after drying.. I realize that had I been sold a bag of them, I would have realized it wasn’t weed. This leads me to believe it was probably a stray that found its way onto the growers trimming table somehow.
The added strangeness of the purple Hop is just.. strange.
Although I believe Legitimo to now be a myth.. I still have a plant of purple hops growing and may see if it will indeed graft onto a weed plant.. in the spring, what the hell!
Until proven different.. Legitimo is Unicorn Food. See you in spring!

Cvh

Supermod
Anyway thanks for this thread. It was fun following this adventure.
To bad the question will remain unanswered on how a hop seed gotten into that bud.

Cheers.

GrowingHigher

i dont wanna talk controversial, but i think this has latel been disprooven. they found out that grafting DIFFERENT SPECIES (say Hops and Tomatos) can infact lead to mixed Genetics in the Grft.

I cant find the Article i read, here is a similar one: https://www.mpg.de/5010542/genetic_information_plants it has been prooven by renowned german Institute.. And there was more info in the article i read, they said genetic exchange happens very often
Interesting, though it is notable it is plastid DNA and not the nuclear genome of the plant.

This is also interesting:

Inter-Species Grafting Caused Extensive and Heritable Alterations of DNA Methylation in Solanaceae Plants

Latest posts

Latest posts