What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mulanje from Malawi

Tangwena

Veteran
Here are 2 Mulanje girls that have just started flowering they have been on 10/14 since birth to keep their height manageable this should keep them low as I only have 1mtr of headroom.
The taller pheno I have bent slightly and removed a few fan leaves to encourage the lower branches to grow.

img_2128-web.jpg

img_2126-web.jpg

The Christmas tree shaped second pheno is staying shorter with minimum training.

img_2131-web.jpg
img_2127-web.jpg
img_2125-web.jpg

The plants in the background are a cross I did with Mulanje and Malawi/Ethiopian from Ace and are 2 weeks behind the Mulanje as I planted them as an insurance 2 weeks after the Mulanje.
I have grown them before and they started short and broader leaved but took off into a lanky thin leaved sativa with huge heads and a massive harvest so it will be interesting to see if they do it again.

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks for all the likes my friends but be warned, try as I might somehow i seem to stuff up my grows at the last hurdle.
Trying to keep these righteous they are talking to me every time I look at them. I'm starting to get a feeling about how they need to be cured ha ha.
The last lot I grew 12 months ago are sublime especially the sun grown the taste is very different to the LED grown cobs.
The highs are similar you can tell its the same plant but the sun grown high is another level above the indoor.
Oh well 10 weeks or so to go I cant wait to see them start swelling.

Tangwena

Veteran
I find outdoors, plants get the full flavor and aroma. More so, if grown organically. :)

With you on all points there in an ideal world it would make ideal cobs to.
I can only dream of such freedom at the moment but the results would def be outstanding I live in hope.

Tangwena

Veteran
Mulanje Gold is characterized by its aroma of pennyroyal, lime and intense creamy aromas, great growth vigour and a higher resistance to any disease, pests, extreme conditions, remarkable air currents and lack of water. It is really a great sativa, worthy of being known all over the planet so as to preserve the uniqueness of these genes.
These plants reach heights of 150 to 250 centimetres in optimal conditions. It grows with great vigour since it’s small, it exploits its vegetative growth at high speed since it is one month old, after this moment its daily growth can be up to 3 cm or more. It grows very quickly spreading out in a very symmetrical structure from Its low branches to its apical bud and , in general, forms a conical structure in general. Mulanje Gold is a sativa with large, thick and long petioles, medium-large leaves of 3, 5, 7, and 9 light green leaflets and leaves of a minimum thickness. They are very serrated and have thin leaves.
The vegetative stage takes between a minimum of 10 to 16 weeks: The stems of these plants are strong and of a medium thickness, very resistant. The Flowering of this beautiful Mulanje Gold is abundant, aerated and of a very special and fragrant medium resin . The apical bud grows very beautiful, thus forming a large tower of 40 and 50 centimetres, loose but abundant, thus forming a quality bud.
With a selection work, very interesting plants could be obtained because its buds do not have as much foliage and the petioles between the flower clusters are long, facilitating a manicure to enjoy these fragrant buds although the resin is not so abundant, the resin glands are large, scattered among themselves of medium size.
Also, we love this so marked aromas of pennyroyal plants and cream, its mint aromas are notable along with some very subtle green mandarins, something characteristic in most of the phenotypes that we have been able to observe is the structure of their stigmas and its unmistakable orange color among the Sativas of these regions and their surroundings.
It takes from 12 to 14 weeks to flower, its effect when smoking is very clean, psychoactive and euphoric long-lasting. If you are not a smoker of potent Sativas, this line is to be tasted with caution in occasional users as they could feel panic and heart racing, which would become an unwanted effect. Better to consume it in a moderate way, puff by puff, increasing to the extent of your tolerance.
We like powerful sativas like this Mulanje Gold, to enjoy a full day of work in motion without causing heaviness or drowsiness in and your body. It stimulates your appetite and if you are on the move even more. Long-lasting flavour on the palate with lemony touches. Mulanje Gold a new entry to compete within the list of our most potent sativa lines.

Search for: Recent Posts
[ read all the blog posts ]
For any information, please write to the following address: info at tltseeds.com | Privacy Pol

G

Thanks tang for the heads up. i had vaguely heard of them but never visited the site.

JustGrowing420

Check out this list of African land race genetics notice no sleepy Indica effects ha ha

https://www.tltseeds.com/#

they have some really interesting genetics, especially cretan and kalamata red from greece. when they first surfaced I was prejudiced and thought it's another one of the landrace hype things.
there is also a member of this forum in the team, so gives some credibility. have you grown anything else from them?

read some bad things about them on here

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
they have some really interesting genetics, especially cretan and kalamata red from greece. when they first surfaced I was prejudiced and thought it's another one of the landrace hype things.
there is also a member of this forum in the team, so gives some credibility. have you grown anything else from them?

read some bad things about them on here

I must qualify myself by saying I have never grown anything from them I just got blown away by the dream selection if they are legit its amazing.

Tangwena

Veteran
One week on from last update I am raising the lights 50mm a day I have reduced the lights on to around 10 hours.
The EC of the drip feed is 1.2 to 1.4.
temps 16/28c on average it is winter over here and I'm working with what the lights put out as heat and the ambient temps.
7 weeks from seed.

First up Mulanje Gold this is the most common pheno I get from these seeds and the high I like.

Pic 2 is the Christmas tree like pheno I have not had this one before very woody and spicy stem rub could be strong.

Click image for larger version  Name:	img_2135-web.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.7 KB ID:	17883125
Click image for larger version  Name:	img_2141-web.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.8 KB ID:	17883126

Attachments

• img_2141-web.jpg
    img_2141-web.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 30
  • img_2143-web.jpg
    img_2143-web.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 34

Tangwena

Veteran
Here are pics of the 2 plants planted 2 weeks after the first 2.
They had fat leaves but have exploded in growth and now look like real sativas ha ha.
I have included what happened to the same seeds last time I planted them as an indication of the problems to come haha.

img_2147-web.jpg
img_2144-web.jpg

IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0890 (2).JPG

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena, You’re gonna need a bigger boat. ha ha

Imagine these girls outside in a full summer in Australia ha ha I would only need one plant of each to last forever ha ha.
That branch hanging made 2 cobs and the cola was done straight in the bag stalk and all canary style.
The rest I took a couple of weeks later to compare the highs so far I have tested the late picked and it kicks ass after a 12 month aging.
I will try the early picked tomorrow to see the difference in the highs.