What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Sativa Grower

Dr Bombay

Hello!!! Thank you for the great pics! That helps me understand what's to come and the outcome l should be looking for. I think this is one of those cases where ignorance is zamal bliss. So the colas can get that big... Wow. Tying those up must be fun. You can see l kinda messed up the topping part. Notwithstanding, they have bounced back from the late transplant. Still trying to follow along with you grow. I look at the Malawi and think 4 of those in one tent!! Crazy town...

I will get that second scrog. I know that after this grow l will have learned lots. Thank you again for all your time and attention. I really just want to have an everything is purple moment.💜😂👍👍😸

Dr Bombay

Day 20ish
P_20210502_125326.jpg
P_20210502_125326.jpg

Attachments

• P_20210502_124119.jpg
    P_20210502_124119.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 25

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Looking good. Continue to train the tops, attempting to fil lall the spaces in the screen, whilst keeping all the tops at the same height.

Dr Bombay

Thank you. Indeed. They seem to be growing slightly slower(?). Raised the light by 5". Mostly to ensure no light burn. I am curious to see how much more they will grow.

Dr Bombay

Still developing...

Attachments

• P_20210504_114654.jpg
    P_20210504_114654.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 28
  • P_20210504_114257.jpg
    P_20210504_114257.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 25
  • P_20210504_114028.jpg
    P_20210504_114028.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 34

Dr Bombay

Thank you both. It does not seem like they are stretching as much. I believe the older burnt tips were from the transplant and the 'hot' soil. I read that light can do that also. I keep monitoring and have not added any other nutes since that transplant. I am excited to keep them growing and see what they look like. I have 36" from light and light is at 75 percent. Hopefully that will be enough.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Wow mate 36 inch is too far away in my book. You'd get better efficiency by putting them closer and dimming them down. That's the beauty of dimmed led panels.. you should be able to go to half that distance with no problems, even without dimming down. Just do it gradually since they are used to this low intensity for now. Burnt leaf tips are not from too much light. Especially not at 36 inches distance.

Dr Bombay

Thank you for recommending explosive. I will try that. Gradually... It's a new light. I had it at 75 percent and 10 inches lower than it is at.

I will admit to some flailing and second quessing. 😸👍This grow will take my understanding to the next level across the board. I'm already thinking about next grow!

And then there is cloning lol! I digress. Would anyone care to share what they look at trichomes with? I'm thinking a 30x-60x jewellers loupe.

Thank you again.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
20 to 40 x jewlers loupe or pocket microscope with integrated light is best.

TheDarkStorm

Looking lush Dr Bombay...nice clean room, beautifully grown plants...for your first dive into sativa growing your doing really great...they look a real treat....I look forwards to seeing these again in a few weeks...your room will be a beautiful sight to see. Well done

Dr Bombay

Thank you for the kind words Darkstorm. It's only because of the great assistance l am receiving from here and watching a master. I am super grateful...

Hombre😸 that's funny as all get out! Let's hear it for us old men!!! Also, l have heard that the internet is on computers now. I'm going to check that out.

Chronosync, l will check that out right away! Looks very handy. Thank you as always. Just putting an order in for the new scrog.

exploziv, l lowered the light to 24 inches. Seems fine so far. I know light efficiency is important to understand. As much as l research there is always more and more about less and less.

Thank you all again. Very much appreciated.

Dr Bombay

Hello! One plant had 3 leaves with these small copper coloured spots. I diagnosed calcium def. So l used 15ml cal mag in 2 gallons of water. I also added 2 tblsp of molasses to 6.44 PH water. Adjusted PH after amendments. What think ye? Not on other 3 plants. Never used cal mag (and l quess l could have used epsom salts). Have it to all plants.
P_20210506_132210.jpg
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
P_20210506_132803.jpg

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Very nice Dr!

They look really good. Looks like theyre going to fit too. Now let the fun begin :woohoo:

Nice work