What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The endless thread, part 2

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hey Mike, hope you are well. I transplanted my surreals and split surreal twins, they are doing nicely separately :D just let you know :D

unnamedmike

hey Mike, hope you are well. I transplanted my surreals and split surreal twins, they are doing nicely separately :D just let you know :D

Hey maha. Good to know, thanks for sharing. I love my surreals. I have discarded one plant before some tests, and I keep 8 for a second round. The surreal plant#1b (twin) is my favorite, euphoric effect, motivating, happy ... I havent laughed out loud for years, a great gift!
I also keep 6 of the 11 Lillys for a second round. Im keeping clones from the ones with pineapple scent.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I am glad you found something you like, enjoy brutha.. but where are pics? did I miss something?

unnamedmike

I am glad you found something you like, enjoy brutha.. but where are pics? did I miss something?

Ive been able to harvest, but the flowers are horrible :D Im vaping and making edibles, not photos and not joints. Remember my problems to keep them healthy. The next round will be the 8 surreal, 6 lilly and the 14 haze females. But first need to fix the health problems

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Ive been able to harvest, but the flowers are horrible :D Im vaping and making edibles, not photos and not joints. Remember my problems to keep them healthy. The next round will be the 8 surreal, 6 lilly and the 14 haze females. But first need to fix the health problems

okay, so I am looking forward to your grow :D

I have 3 which are broad leaf, the rest looks like mextasy... they are going strong.

unnamedmike

that is amazing. you have a real passion for photography. i want to buy one of the macro rails from you.
I have the STL files of the pieces to print, if you want them, share me an email. If you don't have a printer, you can order online the printed parts. Tell me if you dare to build the rail, and I'll help you as much as possible.

MAHAKALA said:
okay, so I am looking forward to your grow :D
I have 3 which are broad leaf, the rest looks like mextasy... they are going strong.
I found only one broad leaf of 9 females, the rest all thin leaves and tall plants.

You guys remember this plants from 2 weeks ago ?
Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=17871125.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.8 KB ID:	17878293

Well, I moved them and they have spent the two weeks under the Caribbean sun (natural photo period of 13h 30 min in the longest day, the next week). Most of the time under harsh sun, and a couple of showers. I took them out with pithyum and without vigor, now half the infected plants has been "cured", the other half does not seem to be bothered by the infection too much, despite the coco substrate getting waterlogged with every rain. My indoor plants are recovering, but still looking like shit, compared to the "outdoor" girls.

Amnesia#6
IMG_1841.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1854.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.1 KB ID:	17878296

3 ohaze seeded (broad" leaf pheno), 4 super silver hashplant 3 amnesia.
IMG_1841.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1854.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.1 KB ID:	17878296

Destroyer#3 and #2

One of the plants recovered of pythium, destroyer#3, showing a white "scar". I would like to analyze and "reproduce" in agar the microorganism that has defeated the pythium, I suppose it is in the scar.
IMG_1861.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1861.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.0 KB ID:	17878299

IMG_1859.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1859.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	17878300

destroyer3
IMG_1862.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1862.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	17878301

Destroyer2, with some seeds ... (from the untested dwarf males ...)
IMG_1863.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1863.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.8 KB ID:	17878302

seeded dwarf ohaze
IMG_1852.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1852.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.0 KB ID:	17878303

IMG_1850.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1850.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.1 KB ID:	17878304

For future references;
Method of producing pathogen-free cannabis plants and pathogen-free plants and clones produced therefrom
ELIMINATION OF HOP LATENT VIROID FROM HOP PLANTS BY COLD TREATMENT AND MERISTEM TIP CULTURE (2006)

Attachments

• fetch?id=17871125.jpg
    fetch?id=17871125.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1842.jpg
    IMG_1842.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

RingtailCanyon

thats a gracious offer, i don't have a printer or am probably young enough to figure how to use one though.
If you're in the Caribbean how come you're not growing some super sativas from the local area? I've smoked some real nice stuff from Belize... Jamaica. Haze sounds great though.

unnamedmike

thats a gracious offer, i don't have a printer or am probably young enough to figure how to use one though.
If you're in the Caribbean how come you're not growing some super sativas from the local area? I've smoked some real nice stuff from Belize... Jamaica. Haze sounds great though.

You can buy printed pieces online, there are many companies that are dedicated to this. If you dare let me know, it is not difficult with patience.
The few plants that I dare to grow outdoors are in a small skylight, marijuana is highly stigmatized here, its associated with death and blablabla... But I got plans for this skylight .. When the current plants finish, Im gonna install a transparent roof (rain and choppers) and some light bulbs (to lengthen the photoperiod when needed)
Regarding local sativas, yucatan was never a growing area ... at least that I know of. Im looking for national seeds from other states, but lately I got almost no contact with the black market, too young to die, too bald for the rock&roll :yeahthats

RingtailCanyon

I’m always curious what kind of interstate seed swapping goes on in places like MX. I almost never see someone from there posting on the forums. Similar w Colombia. There’s got be some old timers holding on to the legendary sativas.

unnamedmike

I’m always curious what kind of interstate seed swapping goes on in places like MX. I almost never see someone from there posting on the forums. Similar w Colombia. There’s got be some old timers holding on to the legendary sativas.
On facebook, im following various cannabis-related groups, from mexico and some colombia, sometimes someone shows good sativas, but usually only hybrids or commercial plants.

Today has arrived the 120w QB. Ive moved the amnesia and sshp cuttings that were outdoors, now they are under the QB, in a 160*50*50cm tent, in a part of the house that I use little, to minimize the risk of contamination these next 7/8 weeks of flowering.
By doing this, the skylight has been "empty". so Ive moved the 8 mothers and 6 Lillys to the skylight, expecting the same miracle as the amnesia and sshp cuttings.
In the usual room, there are "only" 23 haze blooming for seed. I'm waiting for the new purchase of pesticides and cleaners to arrive, a few days ago the plants was sprayed with abamectin again, and they shown new growth immediately, so, I need to clean more :hotbounce

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
this is the most narrow leaf Surreal I got :D I am satisfied with its vigor. I got good size in month from seed...

fetch

unnamedmike

this is the most narrow leaf Surreal I got :D I am satisfied with its vigor. I got good size in month from seed...
fetch
Very nice plant, super healthy. What I could observe in my Surreals, is that the leaves are thinner as the flowering progresses. Then I screwed up ... and I couldn't keep watching 😅 I love the effect of this cross, even with my modest quality flowers, very nice work.

IMG_1473-as-Smart-Object-1.jpg

A few days later

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
very nice! yes, it gets thinner in flowering. but mine are not in flowering yet. most are fatter in veg, but this one I showed, reminds me mexican ecstasy. I keep you updated :D cheers.

unnamedmike

Yesterday I fired a permethrin smoke bomb. Hours later I found some dead flying insects, in theory there shouldn't be any ...The bomb was just for mites.... I keep cleaning
Untitled-1 copy.jpg

The new toys still arriving.
Untitled-1 copy.jpg

unnamedmike

Does anyone use thermal foggers for cleaning / insecticides? Im thinking ... into buying one, to clean in less time, but i prefer to be sure before doing the purchase.
17-5-1024x1024.jpg

funkyhorse

Hey Mike
I am happy I am not the only one
I understand you are growing the haze seeds coming from Todd
I had 20 original haze males: 19 MadMac males and one from my Seedsman haze pack
18 showed pistils, 17 from MadMac and the one from the pack too
I didnt chop any of them after reading this thread: https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...-female-to-judge-male-smoking-quality?t=99597

I let the males do seed and I used them. I am testing seed made by them now to see progeny. According to that thread by SamS, if you outcross those males that show pistils with other males you will have firm sex progeny, about 66/75% boys and 33/25% girls

I have seen pistils in many sativa genetics. I received seeds done with intersex males. The girls were all firm. So I used the males and I will test progeny
According to the results I see, I suspect in long flowering sativas intersex males give firm female progeny in quite a lot of genetics, including original haze
Before you compost the rest of your intersex males, read that thread, very interesting stuff
I note it happened indoors. Outdoors haze males were firm. But other genetics went intersex outdoors and I didnt use them, next time I might leave the outdoor intersex males to make seed to see what happens if current test goes well

unnamedmike

Hey Mike
I am happy I am not the only one
I understand you are growing the haze seeds coming from Todd
I had 20 original haze males: 19 MadMac males and one from my Seedsman haze pack
18 showed pistils, 17 from MadMac and the one from the pack too
I didnt chop any of them after reading this thread: https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...uality?t=99597
I let the males do seed and I used them. I am testing seed made by them now to see progeny. According to that thread by SamS, if you outcross those males that show pistils with other males you will have firm sex progeny, about 66/75% boys and 33/25% girls
I have seen pistils in many sativa genetics. I received seeds done with intersex males. The girls were all firm. So I used the males and I will test progeny
According to the results I see, I suspect in long flowering sativas intersex males give firm female progeny in quite a lot of genetics, including original haze
Before you compost the rest of your intersex males, read that thread, very interesting stuff
I note it happened indoors. Outdoors haze males were firm. But other genetics went intersex outdoors and I didnt use them, next time I might leave the outdoor intersex males to make seed to see what happens if current test goes well

Hey funkyhorse :tiphat: Thanks for the link ! Yes my haze are Todds haze. I'm a slow reader, but I can't find anything (positive) about using intersex males as parents, just the already known negative data. Ive found some Sam gems on the thread:

I used males I have had for twenty years, they never showed female flowers ever.

Bongstar420
"My theory is that there are strong and weak females as well as strong and weak males with a few hermaphrodites, I want the stong female plants because they will generate more female plants over time. The resulting progeny will tolerate lots of abuse from their growers and still produce banna free flowers."

Not exactly sure what you mean but to me either a male or a female is "TRUE" meaning it will not show flowers of the opposite sex regardless of stress, or it is not and will show opposite sex flowers when exposed to stress. If you want progeny that are hermi free use parents that are "TRUE"
if the parents have the genes for hermaphrodite flowers they will pass on the genes to progeny even if recessive and unseen for a generation or two.
If you want only female use all female seeds, but be sure they were made with a TRUE female transformed to male and a TRUE female used to make the seeds. Otherwise you can still get hermis if the parents are not TRUE.

True female and males are not the same as natural females that give a higher percentage of females, like Original Haze, which gives 70% females quite often.
If you have a copy of the https://www.springerlink.com/content/r112tp5q2h650188/ paper "The influence of growth regulators absorbed by the root on sex expression in hemp plants" please post it to me. I did find it and posted it in my IC BIB
-SamS
The influence of growth regulators absorbed by the root on sex expression in hemp plants

unnamedmike

After re reading the previous article, I regret in discard the two hermi haze males. I like spraying the plants with aloe vera or algae or Indole butyric acid or aspirin, OHN, etc. This never caused me any problem in female plants, they only bloom non-stop if applied in advanced flowering. But I had never tried this mix on flowering males. I'm going to stop using the mix on males. I need to do more tests.

Latest posts

Latest posts