What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Garden Life

JustGrowing420

Hello, let me introduce myself.

I have been lurking these forums for over ten years, reading.
I have previously grown for 2 years consecutively, with a 4x4 tent and 600w HPS, strictly ACE genetics.
After this there was a 5 year pause until now.
To this setup I have added a 250w HPS and 2 26w 6500K LED strip bars for clones and mothers.
Medium is soil, BioBizz Light Mix with BioBizz Line fertilizers... tap water... what else?
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

The genetics are the following:

4x Dinafem Moby Dick fem
2x Seedsman Skunk1 reg
3x Seedsman Sugar Haze reg
1x Reserva Privada OG#18 (freebie)
and for nostalgia's sake and also a quick harvest as I know there are some super fast phenotypes in the line - even 45 days
4x Nepal Jam fem

After 6 weeks of veg, time now is 3 weeks from 12/12, 10 to 14 days from start of budding.
I think it is time for some pictures....

This is the main tent with the Moby Dicks, Skunks and Sugar Hazes, and a lone OG#18. 9 plants total in 10lt pots.

Click image for larger version  Name:	panoramic_lightsout.JPG Views:	402 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	17817175

Then there is the side of the room where I had some space and the tent was getting crowded so I got a 250 hps to free some space. Nothing fancy, have not even put
All 4 Nepal Jams and a strange very short Sugar Haze pheno reside here.

Nothing fancy as you can see, have not even set up reflective film. Oh, forgot two bagseeds that went almost straight 12/12 with the others.
I found them with the label "Blueberry trippy" and it peaked my interest. Either I had been really tripping or may find something good.

Lastly no garden can be complete without clones and mothers for backup so here we go, Excuse the bad state they are in as they are the last ones to root 22 days after cutting, almost all Nepal Jams refuse to root. Maybe my temps too low? 70-75F.

Never mind because everything else has rooted so far...

This is a nice view of all parts of the garden just to get an idea... details to follow...

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

One of the NepalJams is showing lots of resin and very fast development during flowering.
Even has resin on the fans. Hope to find that caramelized herbal taste I remember.

Even has numerous trichomes on the fan leaves.

Also some more of the clones rooted today,
it's my first time cloning so I'm happy with the results,
12/16 different plants are archived now, awaiting my judgement after smoking.

And for some perspective on size, a more zoomed out shot of the tent and some bud I'm currently smoking on.

nepjam_flowering.JPG

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

Today was Nepal Jam photoshooting day. Took pictures of 4 plants, I think 3 phenotypes.

Nepal Jam #1

This is the tallest one by about 20cm and also has the narrowest leaves.
Very sensitive to N as dubi states in the description which helped me a lot.
Wish every breeder gave general guidelines as to how much nutrients is generally best,

nj1close.JPG

Nepal Jam #2

This is the extra resinous one and also the fastest flowering it seems.
Stem is very oily on a rub. Can't define the smell yet. Something deeply herbal but not minty.
Unfortunately first clones did not root so I took a second round 1 week into flowering, we'll see.

Nepal Jam #4
#4 and #5 are close to, if not the same, phenotype it seems to me. Nothing interesting to report on them yet though.

nj4close.JPG

Nepal Jam #5

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

Here we go again! Bear with me as I find the camera settings, it's relatively new to me.

Today we got two Skunk#1 plants and an OG#18.

Skunk1 #1

Skunk1 #5

OG18

And some random photos of buds (or soon to be buds)

moby_bud.JPG

skunk1_top.JPG

skunk5.JPG

moby5_top.JPG

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

Well, some of the clones that rooted fine have been putting out some mutant growth since. Anyone with any tips appreciated. Most likely they will grow out of it but it would be useful to know what's causing it. Temps are 70-78 max and rh 45-70%. I have two led bars, 26w each, very close to them, less than 10 inches. I have potted them in BioBizz Light Mix and watered with pure tap water only. They are different strains as well, one Moby Dick one Sugar Haze.

mutant_clone1.JPG

mutant_clone2.JPG

JustGrowing420

Back for an update.

We are now on day 26 12/12.
Flowering is progressing nicely, stretch has stopped and buds begin to take shape.

First an overview of the garden:

OG18: Stem rub reeks of chemical fuel-like odour with some skunkiness and early resin on the leaves smells citric.

fetch

Moby Dick #3:

fetch

Moby Dick #4: This one along with one more Moby Dick are the largest plants, very tall strong branches, seems like yield will be great on these.
The lemony smell that all my Moby Dicks have makes me a little disappointed, but I hope it will evolve.

fetch

Sugar Haze #6:
Resin smells like aniseed with some fruit in the background. Pretty pungent also. Did not stretch much for a sativa.

fetch

And finally one more shot of my favorite Nep Jam, ultra fast and very very resinous!! And only 26 days 12/12!

fetch
Been so long since I grew last time. Finally, can't wait!
So many tastes and smells and highs.

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

Not much to do in the garden today, just a quick watering so it's photo time.

Took out the Seedsman bunch for photos.

First a group shot, left is #1, right is #5:

fetch

Skunk1 #1:
Nutty, fruity, floral smell, very tempting and pleasing.
Excellent structure, let's see how it fattens up.

fetch

Next we have #5:
Something is wrong with this one, a deficiency? or maybe a hotspot from the reflector?
Because it's fine from the middle and downwards.

fetch

Sugar Hazes group shot,
From left to right: #6, #4, #3.
Very interesting plants I think, don't know why.
Low nutrient requirements and carefree until now.

fetch

Sugar Haze #3:
A short pheno, Let's see for a sativa. It's leaves are somewhat narrow though.
It's also been on the edge of a 250 hps so I don't have high hopes.

fetch

fetch

Sugar Haze #4:
This one went from the shortest of them to about 2.5X it's size during stretch.
Not much smell yet,

fetch

fetch

Sugar Haze #6:

fetch

fetch

fetch

G

Very Nice:blowbubbles:

Your thread title got me thinking jroc and that #trailerparklife

Ya too cold ime 25-27c for clones in Coco. Higher end in winter lower in summer if you know what I mean.

JustGrowing420

Very Nice:blowbubbles:

Your thread title got me thinking jroc and that #trailerparklife

Ya too cold ime 25-27c for clones in Coco. Higher end in winter lower in summer if you know what I mean.

Ok, thought so although im in peat.

Thread title is reference to mendo dope song.

On another note I notices some deficiencies going on last week, mainly what seemed like P and K (3rd to 4th week of flowering, seems right).
So I contacted BioBizz to ask if their recommended dosage on the schedule is for the whole week or for every watering on that week and it's the latter.
I have been doing the former, so if I water 3 times a week, only one I feed.
And to think I never thought to ask anybody until now...

JustGrowing420

Thank you too Creeperpark, missed your post!

Now for the deficiencies I was talking about, here is a picture, you can't make them out very well but it's there.
Budding is moving along nicely though.

fetch

The clones have been topped 1-2 times to keep them short and are going very well! Waiting for the last two to root and then I'm all set for this round.

fetch

fetch

Also after putting off for about a week, I finally put up the reflective film I had sitting around so the plants outside the main tent get a little bit more light.
A little ghetto style with tape for now until I can think of a more stable way.

fetch

Damn these deficiencies had me stressing but after contacting Biobizz I'm better. I was both underfeeding and underwatering until now I think.
Moved from 1-1.2lt/plant to 1.5-2 and also feed every watering and things are looking better.
Thing is, the deficiency looks like calcium but my tap water is classified as hard with 60ppm calcium, 9 magnesium and 143 total hardness (CaCO3).
I have been also adding a very light dose of cal-mag since the Moby Dick all showed calcium deficiency very early on (about 2-3weeks veg?).

Also read about gypsum and got some to experiment. I wanted to have calcium separate from magnesium so I can fine tune.

That's it for now., happy growing!

JustGrowing420

Update time!

Main tent, 38 days 12/12

fetch

Moby Dick #4

fetch

Moby Dick #5

fetch

Skunk1 #1
This one smells more and more enticing each day that passes, has me drooling.

fetch

Skunk1 #5
This one got hit by some deficiency, I think calcium, pretty hard.
Correct me if I'm wrong, judging by the spots and the fact that it affects the upper part.
This damage was done 5 days ago.
I top dressed with gypsum and has not progressed since.

fetch

OG18 #2

fetch

Sugar Haze #6

fetch

Also a leaf from a Moby Dick, calcium again?
This has not progressed since I upped the feed either so I don't worry for now.
fetch

Now the side grow:
front Sugar haze #3 back 4 Nepal Jams

fetch

Nepal Jam #1 top:

fetch

Below the top:

fetch

Lower branch:

fetch

Nepal Jam #2

fetch

Nepal Jam #4

fetch

Nepal Jam #5

fetch

And finally Sugar Haze #3, unfortunately it's on the edge for this little 250w light so I wait for a Nepal Jam to finish to take it's place for what remains.
I have a clone so if it's something special I can run it again properly.

ok, until next time then.

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

Damn small pics again, I followed the exact same steps as the previous post.
Sorry for lesser quality.
Tried uploading again but no change.

JustGrowing420

Yo yo update time.

Mid of week 6 flowering.
Spotted 2 bananas on one of the Skunks and one on the OG18, so all of the plants had to get out of the tent for inspection.
Fortunately those were the only ones for now, still have to be on top of my spotting game now to get them, not so much a problem though as it's all personal.

This gave me the opportunity to photograph some plants that I haven't got to yet. So...
Shots of the Moby Dicks that have never left the tent until now, cause of size and difficulty carrying them from one room to another.

Some look pretty beat up from deficiency.
Think it's because I didn't amend with dolomite lime this round thinking the water is hard enough.
One lesson for next runs.

Group

fetch

Moby Dick #1
the most frosty one, although all of them are packing some serious frost

fetch

fetch

fetch

Moby Dick #3

fetch

fetch

Moby Dick #4
is the most healthy still despite my best efforts, something about this is really nice, I think I like it's strong branches a lot.

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

Moby Dick #5
biggest one of them, also has the biggest buds on the branches, and adequate resin production.
All of them have a common denominator of lemon/citrus in their smells but now start to differ a little, one more sour, one sweeter, one a little gassy even.

fetch

fetch

fetch

OG18 #2
looks like it's about to start foxtailing. Also building some nice size buds.

fetch

fetch

Sugar Haze #4
this one together with the #5 skunk below look the most affected by the deficiency.

fetch

fetch

Original Skunk1 #5

fetch

fetch

Pretty pleased so far for first run after so many years.

Few more weeks left now.... drooling every time I enter the room.
Fortunately some of the Nepal Jams will be harvested end of this month so it's not far.
Little more patience....
Calyx swelling, smells transforming.... so happy!

Also see the difference in the photos of this post. Much larger than that of the previous one.

JustGrowing420

Thanks Mars Hydro Led !

Today I cleaned the wannabe mothers up a bit, they are over a month now in 330ml cups, trying to keep them really small.
Other than having to water them every day and feed more no problems yet.
They need transplant yesterday but I look the other way and leave them be.
I don't have the space yet...

The Nepal Jam pheno #2 has finally rooted, about a month after cutting, in flowering.
One step from death but still... gonna make it for sure. And it's the nice fat one, although everything will be judged by the smoke.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nj2_clone.JPG Views:	0 Size:	52.7 KB ID:	17840246

Also some photos of the 2 bagseeds I planted for fun.
They like hanging with the big girls.
They are 1-2 weeks behind in flowering.

Last edited:

JustGrowing420

Here we go again!

End of week 7 update.
It's also harvest time for first few plants.
Nepal Jam #1 and #2 will be harvested tomorrow, them ready. I'm ready for them too.
#4 and #5 will follow in 7 to 10 days by the looks of it.

Tent is looking good in general (to me at least haha), branches leaning with weight as they should be, mouth watering aromas fill the room on opening the zipper.
A full shot of the tent:

and then some tops:

Skunk1 #5:

fetch

Skunk1 #1:
Very perfumey, floral, a little fruity, like a woman's deodorant? this one had interesting smell from start of flowering, albeit a little different than now.
Looks mostly done, think I start the flush or maybe feed one more time and then begin.

fetch

OG18 #2:

fetch

Sugar Haze #4:
Fruity gassy smell getting stronger. Also buds swelling rapidly.

fetch

fetch

Moby Dick #3:
At last, dropped the pure lemon smell and started getting funkier on top of that, buds also rock hard, on every Moby Dick.

fetch

Now the good news, group shop of the Nepal Jams, after being watered only for 2 weeks.
Very strange aromas subtle but sexy.
Around 49 days from first buds forming.

fetch

Nepal Jam #1:

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

fetch

Nepal Jam #2:

fetch