Views:	570
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	17800116

Left to right:
    Skittlez Auto (Fast Buds)
    Sugar Black Rose X ? Auto (ReikoX)
    Ice Cool Auto (Sweet Seeds)
    Sweet Tooth Auto (Canuk)

I have been bopping around at icmag for a while now, enjoying the hospitality and comradery and flashing the occasional grow picture in appropriate threads. But, I have not done a grow diary yet. So, to right that wrong, here it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4girls-s.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	17800117

I am a novice grower. I had been a weed consumer for 47 years before I finally planted my own seeds. Life got in the way - wives and houses and jobs and kids et al – so I never grew. I didn’t have the time or the place and . . . well . . . it was illegal and since I had already had a possession bust as a teen, even a little grow bust would have been really bad news. Finally, a few years back, I decided to jump in and do it. It was summer and business (i.e. travel for me) was slow so I read the forums, planned and bought supplies.

And wouldn’t you know it? One of those celestial hammers came down. In a fit of karma adjustment or some cruel joke of the Gods . . . I had just finishing buying all of my grow supplies for my first grow - and applying for a medical MJ script - when my body decided to crumble and I couldn’t walk worth a shit for 8 months. Spinal stenosis, baby! I shit you not, but I mailed my med app one week before I realized that I had a really serious physical problem. Like I said, it was obviously Karma or the Gods. So I said a little incantation in front of the spooky Egyptian figure that I have (that may actually be real btw) and I got busy chasing a solution for my spinal issues and growing herb for recreation AND medicine.

So here I am, a few years later, with a number of good grows under my belt. It is legal to grow here now but I have kept my MMJ grow license just in case. I retired honourably just before Covid exploded - near the top of my game in prestige, but certainly not income. I guess I should have become a lawyer like my mother always told me, but I can definitely tell you that what I did was a hell of a lot more fun.
    Current Grow: Showdown: Barney's Pink Kush vs Ultimate Pink Kush
    Last Grow - Mixed Autos Is it Time for Show & Tell?
    Arguing on the net is like yelling in space.

As you can see, I grow in cloth pots in a tent. I tried an undercurrent DWC for my first grow and a half until my system sprung a leak while I was away on business in Vegas for a week. My wife bailed out the tent and when I returned, I amazingly salvaged the grow by ripping the two plants out of their fetid watery home and sticking them in coco. They thrived surprisingly. I have been coco/perlite ever since. I learned my lesson. Simple is better for me. For this grow, I am using 5 gallon pots with 25% perlite.

Name:	over.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	17800122

LED lights, of course. An older burple from Mars Hydro – a 400w Epistar Pro II, which was one of their better ones. Sooner or later I will replace this but it has been good to me. To this I have added 4 x Solstik 80w LED strips which I mounted in pairs on an aluminum channel in a way that lets me tilt each strip individually. I use them as side ‘wing’ lights in flower.

Name:	overhead.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	17800123

Circling back to the seed selection . . . they are all autoflower sample seeds with one exception. More than a year ago, ReikoX generously offered some freebie seeds that he had made. He called them his F.A.M. mix (Feminized Auto Mix) and he sent 2 seeds each from 4 crosses. “The pollen came from a Sugar Black Rose by Delicious Seeds. Two each of Alaskan Purple by Seedsman, Dark Devil F2 (by OG’s Mr.Sparkle), Ghost Toof by Mephisto, and Red Poison by Sweet Seeds were pollinated.” So I have a mystery seed . . .

And once again, a big thank you goes to ReikoX for his generosity. And I apologize for sitting on them so long but my tent had a queue.

Comment

Glad you are finally getting around to them. In for the show.
      ReikoX's Workshop
      2017, 2018, 2019, 2020,2021
      Afropip's Durban Poison Repro Tester
      WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

I planted them in the pots and they all had broken ground 8 days ago. I hand water daily with filtered tap water and started feeding them on a small dose of cal/mag and humic acid on Day 3 and added a quarter hit of Canna Coco A+B the following day. This produced an ec of 0.3. I will gradually increase this to 1.0 – 1.5. Currently on Day 9 the ec is 0.6.

ReikoX 's mystery seed was the first seed to pop, the first to sprout and it is double the size of any of the other seedlings. It certainly is winning the Vigor award hands down.

Name:	vigor-s.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	17800504

Comment

Originally posted by ReikoX View Post
          Glad you are finally getting around to them. In for the show.
          Glad to have you aboard. I am sure that you are as curious as I am to watch the cross.

Comment

My first grow https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...ow?view=thread

Comment

👀

Comment

Welcome guys. Have a smoke because this is just the boring seedling stage.

At Day 11, they are all root building and showing leaves – or the nubs of them. Both of the plants on the right - Sweet Tooth & the ReikoX Mystery - seem to have a bit of LED sensitivity with some leaf twist. The lights are well up at 30” but I will monitor.

Comment

The forum's image software doesn't like square images, so here they unsquared.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	237.1 KB ID:	17812428

Day 19. Hmm. I am not proud of them. I believe I set them back a bit - which is never a good thing with autos. They seemed to stall. I suspect the light was too bright or not enough food or too much cal/mag vs food. Take your pick, but lockout was the result. Anyways they appear back on track now.

I know, not a very exciting update . . . but to a grower that is usually a good thing.
                    Last edited by tobedetermined; 03-25-2021, 14:12.

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	17821296

Day 29. They are all very happy now.

I have inched the ec up to 1.3 and I restarted a half dose of the humic acid 2 days ago – which they really seemed to like with a nice growth spurt evident each morning. They are all large leaf except for the Sweet Tooth in the upper right which has narrower leaves and a looser, more open structure. I will start some lower leaf defol in a day or two.

Comment

plants look great, very healthy. 🍿
                        My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
                        -----
                        To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
                        Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Awesome subbed!

Comment

Really nice to see the mix of spectrum between these two lights...I've been considering something very similar with 1kw of LED.

I have 2 Mars Hydro SP3000 300w - but these are 5 spectrum bars, from their initial release, not 3 spectrum bars like they are now. These particular SP3000 have UV and IR.

I have 2 HydroGrowLED XB200 200w - but these are some wild quantum board style lights that have zero white diodes. All colored diodes at a given layout and percentage - that it produces a mostly white light, with a slight pinkish hue. Most would still consider this a blurple light, but the spectrum doesn't quite translate the same.

I'm considering running SP3000 ------ XB200 ------ SP3000 - which is why your current lighting set up is interesting to me. Good luck!

dank.Frank
                            Bunch of fake ass neo-capitalists masquerading
                            as counter
                            culture cannabis enthusiasts with
                            their thinly veiled
                            self-justifications
                            catering to the morally
                            ambiguous
                            for the sake of the
                            ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Canna Caramels ---> click here Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here

Comment

It seems to work well. This will be my 5th grow with this setup. I start with the bluish veg cycle on the Mars and gradually add the white wings in veg - starting at low voltage/current. Then I flame it all when I get to flower. Mid flower I drop the wing lights & tilt them so they fire sideways to get in under the canopy while the main light just chugs away above.

Thanks all . . .

A nice cold bubble hash day here in Toronto. I am going to bubble the last 60 grams of some excellent 2 year old Hawaii Maui Waui (Nirvana). I will be growing this one again!

Comment

Working...
                              X