What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600W single plant DSD bush.

blackone

Veteran
I neglected my smaller plants so decided to beg my mother instead for a single plant grow... Wish me luck I've never tried this before.

Strain is Double Strawberry Diesel - it has a really nice stretch from smaller clones but I have no idea how it will behave as a small bush.

Right now it's around 50cm tall and wide in a 10L pot and I put it under my 600W today - in a few days time it will get repotted to the final container for a veg that can be hopefully kept fairly short.

picture.php

blackone

Veteran
You're welcome. The choice is between a 40L and a 90L container. I think I'll go for 90L...

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
looks nice.

I would do some training of that thing to get more bud sites under the 600

But you should get some nice buds of her

blackone

Veteran
looks nice.

I would do some training of that thing to get more bud sites under the 600

But you should get some nice buds of her

That's the plan but if I train her now then she won't get much wider quite yet because most of her arms are too lignified to train - she's a pretty old mother.
I'll wait until I flower her - perhaps even a little longer - so that I can spread her out to cover more space.

Actually I'm also starting to wonder if her old lignified trunk will have trouble keeping up with all of the new growth.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'd go for 90L ...but with a Xtra long veg then....looking strong already !

blackone

Veteran
Nah xtra long veg is not gonna happen - in 2 weeks I could have taken clones from this plant, rooted them and started them. In fact I might very well just start it even if I "know" it won't get big enough and then fill the edges and corners with clones as they root.

this the berry pheno? If so, we could have the same plant. It looks very familiar...Ill try and post a pic...my cam isnt too great though.

blackone

Veteran
This plant is a clone I selected myself from seeds I grew.
Other people have this clone too because I gave it to friends but I don't know how much it has been shared yet.

This is what it can do:
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Yeah she gets a nice bit of color:) Green mixed with dark purple.
The buds are mostly green after drying though, with perhaps a purple hint and a generous dusting of sugar.
Unfortunately the only dried pic I have is this early picked popcorn taster bud - the color came on after it was cut.
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Nope I don't mind at all:) Those are some pretty ladies.

I decided on a 40L because I wasn't sure if a 90L container would fit on the backseat of my car, so I repotted Sunday morning.
The plant seems to be vegging pretty well so I might flip it soon - I just want to be sure I'm able to get enough clones from her.

Friday I received some Pehkuruder seeds and started germing them - so far yesterday (monday) 3 sprouts could be seen coming up from the jiffys but I'm sure more will follow. I'm a bit excited about this one - it's not supposed to be very potent but instead very mold resistant. This is of course great news for outdoors to be able to pull a harvest in early August.

Yea I think we got the same pheno.

Its smells sweet and fruity during flower, right ? Also during late flower, I do notice a funk...sometimes its smells like slightly rotted chicken--just an undertone. Im not good at describing tastes, but its tasty...i can taste the berry.

There was another DSD pheno that was also a keeper...the more diesel. When that pheno was smoked it reeked the place...like thousands of ants were squished and their juice was vaporized into the air.

Ill be watching this one for sure.:tiphat:

blackone

Veteran
Yeah exactly - pure strawberry in last half of flower with a hint of pine. When finishing it changes into more of a sweet funky thing but I think mine has a diesel element to it too - actually I think the diesel is the funk with me, if that makes sense? I've never tried the real Diesel clones so I'm only guessing here.

Yea, I think the funk is the diesel.

Right now, mine at day 58 into 12/12 and are nowhere near done. I think its because of the colder temps at night?

During the summer, they finish pretty quick...can be picked at day 60.

From the looks of things im looking at seventy days.