What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600W single plant DSD bush.

S

SmokeMan

Looking good black. I'll be sitting right here watchin the rest of the show.

T

Tarus Bulbar

Hey Blackone,has your plant stretched out anymore
in the last few days?? Im sure its goin to fill out nicely!!

blackone

Veteran
Hey all - been some time since I last updated here. Had some problems because my bulb blew and I had to put up some flouros for a week or so before the bulb could be replaced.
In the meantime some Pehkuruder plants have made it to the back of the room - they're pollinated with Pehkuruder pollen - a small branch on my DSD "bush" is also pollinated on purpose.
Tonight I put in 2 mother plants after cutting clones from the bottom branches. The first mother is my trusty Swt#3 - never before have I grown her in a 12 liter bucket and never before have I grown such a big and branchy swt#3 plant - this might turn into a nice plant with a little luck.
The second mother is Freja - I've smoked her "pseudo-autoflower" buds and it was quite potent, sticky and smelling. Freja I grew outdoor last year had a really nice potency. Indoor I have no idea about how it will perform but with a little luck this could actually be a pretty nice yielder. It would be a bit of a dream to find a plant that clones well, can be kept as a mother with enough tlc, performs well outside and in, yields well, finishes fast, smokes good etc etc... Too many things to ask for in one strain I guess but it's definitely worth a try.

blackone

Veteran
Never got any pics done actually - harvested the plant monday and it looks like I'll be lucky to have 150 grams... I think what really killed me was when the lamp blew and I had to give it flouros RIGHT when bud-building was at its peak.

blackone

Veteran
Well looks like around 120-130 grams - bollocks!
The rest of it is finishing off a bunch of seeds fathered by Pehkuruder - with a Swt#3 and a Freja mother to keep her company, both in 12 liter buckets. They have been in there for 4 weeks or so.
picture.php

Here they are side by side with Freja on the left. So far it looks like Swt#3 is frostier but it might just be because it's maturing faster than Freja.
picture.php

Freja - I think the way she seems to be preparing for some fat buds is promising and I hope she will do the same outside. Smell is a little weak still but sweet with a hint of piney citrus:
picture.php

Swt#3, piney goodness as usual and growing well. I could have wished for more tops.
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Nope - only outdoors:)
Indoor I'll keep focusing on growing several plants but I might be going for a lower plant count. The Swt and Freja I have in 12 liter buckets are doing their thing alright - I wouldn't mind having 12 plants like that in my room instead of my usual 20-30.
Right now I'll be flowering some smaller swt though - perhaps with a couple of small Freja plants and perhaps even some Nugg-it.

blackone

Veteran
Thanks - just want to log this to keep track of dates: Sun june 13 was the first day of 12/12 for the new batch, consisting of 22 small plants in 6.5L pots. More than half are swt#3 clones, got a couple of DSD clones too as well as 2 Freja clones - I wonder how the last ones will act when flowered as a small clone.
I also got some seedsplants in there - some fms grapefruit X Nugg-it and Swt*Nugg-it and I don't know if there might be some Nugg-it in there too.
I gotta get back with pics of that Freja - wow she's a beauty with a bunch of really fat buds. I think she's a 60 day finisher - perhaps I will be able to take her down on day 56 but we'll see. I have started a pure water diet so it will be well flushed for sure.

blackone

Veteran
I saw the signs of mold starting in the large swt#3 top here around day 44 so all of the largest tops went down. 62 grams wet when trimmed close and all buds removed from the stem for fast drying - that must be around 15 grams dry - and what looks to be more than that amount left on the plant still so with a little luck I've got a 40-50 gram plant there.

The Freja must be even heavier than that although it doesn't have the same compact nuggets. Nice frost though - smell is kinda weak and piney/earthy with just a hint of citrus perhaps. If she can make buds like this outside then I will worship her:)
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
I harvested the 2 plants I had in 12 liter containers. Each of them yielded me almost 60g so I was very satisfied with that result.
June 22 a couple of Freja plants were introduced to replace males and today 6 Freja mothers were also put in the room - finally it's full again and I'm happy to be back on track with a perpetual grow. I've been missing that for a long time already.

blackone

Veteran
Swt, DSD, Gf*Nugg-it and some Freja plants were harvested in the weekend.

A single Guerilla Grape female went in the closet along with 5 DSD clones for their first 12 hour night. I was gonna keep the smallest DSD plant for a mother but instead I went for one of the larger, bushier DSD clones because I want to grow a really nice mother of that strain to repeat last winters success with very colorful buds from the cold nights.

blackone

Veteran
4 small Freja clones were harvested and 7 Sweet Tooth clones went in the closet around Aug 26 - forgot to log it then.

N

nukkumatti

Jee bro! Looking good..Good to have ya back! Or I've been blind.. ;) :D

I need to get my sweettooth back.. :)

blackone

Veteran
Well I've been here all along but just didn't really feel like posting as much as I used to.
Swt#3 will always stay in my garden because even though she sometimes gets a little moldy she's a fast girl with a pretty nice yield of solid nuggets.
I also started a hydro thread but never really got around to starting my bubblers because of some cloning trouble.