What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maj. Cottonmouth's Second Grow

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
So I found my old seed stash today and I am going to get a jump on the next round of beautiful girls.

I am germinating five seeds from a friend who made them. I will need ask him what the genes are, I was baked when he told me and don't want to mangle it. I will update once I know what they are for sure.

I am germinating five PPP seeds that were the freebies with my last order from Nirvana. Thank you GN.

And I am also germinating 9 bag seeds that I know nothing about other than I smoked the weed they came in at some point in the last 23 years that I have been keeping seeds.

I started germinating today, 11.22.09 and I will be using organic soil again at least to start. I plan to do some kind of DWC or RDWC at some point.

They will be vegged under an 8 tube T5 fluorescent bank for at least 1 month while my current crop finishes.

I think I am going to try no nutes during veg and see how they do.

Seeds from my friend

picture.php

Freebie PPP's

picture.php

The Chosen Bag Seeds

picture.php

Germinating

picture.php

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
be good to see what you do with the PPP...and the rest of coarse...

...hmmmm i need to germ the seeds sometime today that i got the containers and water in them yesterday...my ones from the other day are coming up from crosses i made ...good luck with this grow mj CM.HH. =]-~

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Sorry no updates, smoking my stash and being laaaaazy. PPP's are doing ok, two from my friend are also doing well but none of my bag seeds popped so I am germing 5 Northern Lights #5 and 1 femmed White Castle.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
So it is major update time for the Major :smokeit:

A lot has happened, my current crop did not get off to a good start because it took longer to get my room reconfigured than I planned and I was a bad, bad parent and not only were they in a bad location I neglected them as well but they are looking ok now, see pics below.

:wallbash: I also did not keep track of what plant is what so I am looking at the upside as I will be choosing the best looking female plants period. Ok so that is a really weak excuse, I f'ed the pooch and I have learned from my mistake, time to move on.

My wife is legal tomorrow so I will be doing 12 plants this run and it is why I reconfigured the room and bought a 1000 watt HPS. But this presents the problem of cracking new beans now and I have six that have been vegging about two months but are relatively small for that time (see poor care above).

The tallest is 20" and I plan to top it soon to slow it down.

I will be germinating 5 Arjan's Haze x Cinnamon (server fund) and 5 Sam the Skunkman's Original Haze x Skunk 1 (freebies). Math can be fun, $20 for 10x server fund seeds, super cool cats at seedbay send 10x freebie seeds = $1 per seed, my mind is blown :microwave:
Much love :huggg:

I have made more space in my room in anticipation of being legal for 12 plants and will be adding a 1000w HPS for flower where the T5 bank is now.

My Bob the Builder helped me mount both of the ballasts for the 400w CMH's tonight and we were able to pull off some decent wire routing

My carbon filter is "mounted" and ready for the vented hood

Oh yeah, I switched from Roots Organics soil to straight Fox Farms Ocean Forest. All are in 3 gallon Smart Pots. Using Roots Organics nutes. I setup a drainage system I will detail in another post. Sorry for the delay in updating, god damned lazy stoner.

So now I give you a bunch of pics of my confirmed female plants.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I started germinating 5 Arjan's Haze x Cinnamon and 5 Sam the Skunkman's Original Haze x Skunk 1 on January 23rd

All 5 Arjan's Haze x Cinnamon popped and 3 of the Sam the Skunkman's Original Haze x Skunk 1 popped but only 1 was ready for dirt

Me using the ole spoon

Their new home under the fluorescents

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
3 more of the Sam the Skunkman's Original Haze x Skunk 1 were ready and went into soil tonight. I am very happy since I pulled a stoned move and left these 4 seeds I did not plant on a plate in my grow room overnight and it completely dried out but these were fine so I am still hoping to get 10 for 10 germ rate. :)

They seemed to be stretching because of their distance from the T5 bulbs so they are now under their own 400w CMH which is 16" above them

Random plant pics

B

bobdobalina420

Hey so far so good!! Let us know how you like those smart pots!! I would be curious to see what the root ball looks like when your done...

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by bob, I will take some pics of the roots when I finish this round.

I topped the two tallest females tonight and did a FIM on two I suspect are male but are not showing for sure. I will be topping all the rest to keep them short while the new sprouts catch up.

B

bobdobalina420

Right on Maj! I was just wondering if the smart pots are worth the money. I guess for the fact they are reusable, that helps....but so are plastic pots I guess. Anyway HAVE FUN MAJ!

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
So I moved three plants that I suspected of being males outside because none of them have shown definitive signs of maleness and they were so beautiful that I did not have the heart to cull them.

Here they are loving the sunshine on Sunday

And here they are not loving the cold this morning

This is the wrong kind of frosty

I was going to severely trim my large plants and allow my younger ones to catch up but I decided to instead move my T5 bank and little ones to a separate area. I will be transplanting them to 3 gallon Smart Pots this weekend.

Tonight I replaced the T5 bank in the main room with a 1000 watt HPS and one of my 400 watt CMH lights is still being used.

I am not sure if I will finish veg under the HPS or move them under the other CMH but it should only be a couple weeks before I switch to 12/12, I am just waiting for a friend to move this weekend so I can give him the tops for clones.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
So I shot another video a couple nights ago and took a few nug shots tonight. I have been dealing with the room being too hot, 95 degrees at the canopy so I moved the ballast for the 1000W HPS to the attic. It is sitting on a metal tray with holes in it above my exhaust fan so it is being cooled by the exhaust air flow from my 6" inline fan. I can post pics if anyone is interested. It dropped my room temp by 10 degrees. I plan to also move the two 400W ballasts to the attic to drop the temp more.

I have also had some pH issues which I am dealing with, I am giving them pH corrected nutes now and both the little ones and the flowering girls are looking better.

Latest posts

Latest posts