What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Strawberry Diesel and friends, 600W SOG

blackone

Veteran
After harvesting my Sweet Tooth #3 monocrop I decided on a higher plant-count.
The 6.5L pots that I've been using for 2 years should be perfect for this - if I ever do fewer plants again then I need some bigger pots unless I want to water every day.

Soil is just Pindstrup Plus with no perlite, no nothing. I really dislike perlite when I have to get rid of the soil... Will be watering with BioBizz Grow and Bloom - perhaps I'll also buy myself a bottle of Alga-Mic for the micronutrients. For the first couple of weeks the micronutrients in the potting soil should be enough though.
Plan is to veg for 3-4 days then flip. Perhaps a little more - dunno - we'll see.

Pic is this morning, day 1 of veg in their new home - 24 Double Strawberry Diesel (Reservoir Seeds) , 4 Satori X Swt#3, 2 Swt#3:
picture.php

Last edited:

Big Beans

Beans Means Highns
ICMag Donor
Sweet man - Looks like a great setup - Good luckVery interested in the strawbery diesel
Where they from seed or clone?
Do you make seeds?

blackone

Veteran
These are clones from what I think is the best pheno among the 4 females I grew from seeds some time ago. This particular pheno does in fact have a strawberry smell in flower - unfortunately I haven't been able to preserve it after the harvest.
Whenever I get around to building a second cab 2 of the other phenos will also be retested. The last pheno has been discarded because it was really shitty - bad yield, hermy, long flowering, no interesting aroma - same nice high as the others though.
I didn't keep any DSD males so no seeds will be made. I might dust it with something else when I get around to doing a seed project.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Once again im tuned in for the show...I havnt had pleasure of growing or smoking DSD yet but will be watching closely to see how everyting turns out. How is the stretch on the DSD? I'd let them go for at least 5 days veg and then flower....that way u are guaranteed to get a decent yield off of each. btw how is the strecth on those strawberry ds?

Kanye WeED

Oh man so jealous, I would kill for some DSDs!

Definitely pulling up a chair for this one :)

yeah no doubt old papa smurf im gonna be sitting in to watching this one

are those pots gonna be there for the whole flower cycle?

are they big enough!!!

Irie_Lion

Veteran
yea im pretty sure he is gona run a sog style grow and flower them Really soon...He used the same size containers for his last grow so he will be fine

S

sinappi

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to blackone again."

Tagged man!;)

I got 10 dsds growing and will follow for sure man!!

blackone

Veteran
Thanks for the comments all. The pots will be fine - they're ok for 30 gram plants with daily waterings if it gets hot. Pretty good for the 20 gram plants I'm aiming for (have to be optimistic...)
Stretch on DSD is not too bad - but in honesty I've never tried flowering it from smallish clones so it's hard to tell. Perhaps a little more than Swt.
Satori X Swt has a nice stretch - still manageable though.
Posting an almost identical picture hehe, 34 hours later. I'm following the vegging pretty detailed for my own sake to identify growth. I already see something has happened if I look closely so not much transplant shock. The color could be better - they have been in small cups and neglected just a little with not enough fertilizer and perhaps not close enough to the light.
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Thanks. I only put 160 liters of soil in the pots - that's 5.33 liter each. Bought some more and will be filling them to the rim tonight. I'll probably do the switch to 12/12 tomorrow - I see a lot of growth already - no transplant shock.
I'm excited to see how they will grow from clones because I've only grown DSD twice - first when I grew them from seeds, and the second time was from clones taken in flower that were barely revegged.

Irie_Lion

Veteran
whats up man any updates?? I was wondering if u cut back the lights yet or decided to veg longer.....peace

P

PkRipper

tagged. k+ for the sweet tooth i cant wait to c what you cook up .

btw is it typical to get 20 g plants from straight clones with a semi established root ball?
What im asking is about your root mass and how much do you have before flipping the lights?

blackone

Veteran
Hey - sorry for no updates but I have been too busy trimming and making bubblehash from my last harvest to upload pics - I've got a couple to show you when I find the time:)
Day 1 12/12 began Sat September 12, when the girls woke up from their first long night. Since then they seem to have grown quite a bit - hope they will continue to do so for the next 3 weeks.

To reach 20 grams from a plant I generally have to veg a bit - but the proportional stretch is greater in smaller plants. It depends a lot on the strain you're growing too.
The average on my plants from my last grow was something like 20-25 grams - haven't actually weighed yet so can't say exactly. Those were vegged a lot - but individual plant yields (Although not necessarily total yield) would have been a lot higher with fewer plants and bigger pots.
The DSD and especially the SatoriXSwt is more Sativa, so needs less veg to yield the same in flower - but you will need to give them a longer flower time.

Irie_Lion

Veteran
Thanks for the update Blackone...lookin forward to seeing the new pics. U gona throw up some of your bubble hash too ;)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking nice! - i cant wait to follow this one - would love to try DSD!

good luck

V.

S

sinappi

Go on Blackone!!:)

really looking forward your chosen phenotype from the DSD.. Do they respond well on topping..? that's the impression i've got peeping peoples grows..

blackone

Veteran
A few pics.
First from their first long night:
picture.php

Then today, day 4 - stretch looks ok to me. Plants have been moved around with the shortest ones in the centre:
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
When I checked in on my girls yesterday night (Day 9 flower) I was pretty astonished...
DSD and Satori X swt had stretched to almost 50 cm and Swt#3 to 45 cm (swt#3 was the tallest one when put in - stretch is pretty low on that one)
I knew that Satori x swt would be stretchy but the last time I grew that very same DSD clone the stretch was only moderate - this definitely proves that small clones have a much bigger relative stretch than larger ones.

Oh yeah and it's a good thing too - I was actually worried that I flipped them too soon to get a decent yield per plant:) Height is not a problem at all - if they want to grow to 1m+ then it's all good with me. Optimal size would be something like 70-80 cm - gonna give them some love tonight and trim away budsites that are clearly gonna be underdeveloped. The canopy is much less dense on DSD and Satori x swt than on the Swt so it doesn't matter much if it gets crowded in there - I'm still convinced that a bit of crowding is better than light hitting dirt.