What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150W HPS Mini Fridge SOG or ScrOG -WW, Satori, Bagseed-

whoa nevermind on the grow method just looked over the thread see your going soil. lol anyways i should be diveing back into the fridge here in aout 2 weeks iv got a few more ideas but iv got to get the MDF cut and installed.

idontsmoke

Heya disfunktional,

As far as growin method, im gonna go with soil and might give Hempy buckets a try.
SOG method most likely will be used. mmmm Budcycles :D

Progress on the new fridge is veeeeeery slow. Right now im thinking where to put the scrubber (which i haven't built yet lol) and at the same time not to loose any precious height.
Planing ultimate-stealth-cabinet-for-growing-weed is a lot of fun.
I can see why ScrubNinja gets his kicks making all those creations :D

Glad to hear you will continue your work on the fridge man. Got a little worried when u stopped with the updates.

Will take some pictures later... girls are sleeping now.

idontsmoke

Aaaaaand a picture update.

Im guessing everyone here has some sort of broadband so no point in making those pics tiny.

Group shot:
picture.php

Runt is getting better each day. Still light green in color but getting there.
Awful flash photo.
picture.php

One of two bigger plants. My photography skills are non-existent. :(
picture.php

I have these on two biggest plants. So far i fed them only with tap water left outside for few days for chlorine to evaporate. No nutes at all. I read here Satori is really light feeder. Im thinking N and P def together?
Started them on some 6:3:6 ferts every second watering and will see how they do.
picture.php

Couple of random plant shots. Again, sorry for bad picture quality coz im taking pictures in very very small closet with crap lighting.
picture.php

picture.php

Branchy :)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Two plants i topped are growing two side shoots on every node + 4 on top.

Im planing to do some work on the fridge this week and put them under HPS. 46W CFL vegging sux.:mad:

KolorBlind

Hey man

Sorry its been a while, and I'm glad to hear you don't live in the US haha. Sorry for freakin out on you :yoinks:

The ladies look amazing man, so healthy & green! Keep up the awesome work!!

KB

idontsmoke

Update

Update

Skipped last weeks update since fridge wasn't complete and i was lazy.
Time to fix that.

As always let's start with group picture.
picture.php

And another one a little closer.
picture.php

Here you can see my 1337 craftsmanship skillz :D
picture.php

It's ugly, it's got bunch of sharp edges that almost costed me my pinky finger :violin:, but it works... for now. Need to make better reflector.

This thing is BUSHY as hell.
picture.php

I had some yellowing on lower leaves in the past. Since Satori has very low nutrient uptake i guessed it's PH based N lockout and i watered them with some distilled water (PH 5). Yellowing stopped and everything was OK till i noticed this:
picture.php

Went to the pet store and bought aquarium PH test (im cheap bastard and don't want to spend money on PH Pen).
My tap water, after it has bean sitting in bottle for 2 days for chlorine to evaporate, is @ PH 8 :yoinks:
Played a little with lemon juice and got some PH 6~7 water and now im using that to water them.

Should be perfect according to this chart.
picture.php

Got one question for anyone still reading my mumbojumbo.

Do these look like new leaves, ballz or pistils to you?
picture.php

Im still on 18/6 timer and these might be preflowers but they also might be just new shoots starting to form.

Ok enough spam, im off. :Bolt:

daddy fingaz

Got one question for anyone still reading my mumbojumbo.

Do these look like new leaves, ballz or pistils to you?
picture.php

Im still on 18/6 timer and these might be preflowers but they also might be just new shoots starting to form.

preflowers wont generally show til youve got at least 6 nodes or a couple of weeks 12/12.

nice little grow.

Peace DF.:joint:

sero!

nice plants idontsmoke! I´ll be keeping an eye on this, satori is the next strain i want to grow.

cheers!

M

mna

Very impressive setup, never seen it done in a frigde before :)

Last edited:

idontsmoke

nice plants idontsmoke! I´ll be keeping an eye on this, satori is the next strain i want to grow.

cheers!

Hey Sero!

Satori is great strain. One thing i dont like about it right now is it's smell in veg... it's just killing me :(
I thought there will be no need for scrubber until flower, but boy was i wrong.
5 little vegging plants, when lights go off start stinking pretty damn strong.

Few days ago, just before i made scrubber for z fridge, i had some family announce there visit. :yoinks:
10 seconds after they came inside the house one of them asks my sister "What's that nice smell". Luckily we had some parsley drying in storage room and blamed the smell on it. :pointlaug

dey ids!! do you have anymore pics of your fridge?

Heya man. No pics just yet. Don't want to show you unfinished thing :p
Still have to make veg/mom chamber below and finish light trap between those two. Going with, believe it was your idea, one big ass fan that pulls air from bottom of the fridge, through veg chamber, flower chamber and out.
Only thing i dont really like is that with this setup i cant fit fan and scrubber inside the fridge and the whole thing is outside. Also, im pushing air through the scrubber which is not really desirable application for it.
Good thing is it acts as nice muffler tho.

Very impressive setup, never seen it done in a frigde before :)

Hey mna

Check out FreezerBoy's, KolorBlind's, BlackSheep(disfunktional)'s and Melkor420's grows. All done in the fridge. Disfunktional's grow is still in construction phase (he's lazy :nanana:) but it will be one incredible fridge when it's done.

Heya man. No pics just yet. Don't want to show you unfinished thing :p
Still have to make veg/mom chamber below and finish light trap between those two. Going with, believe it was your idea, one big ass fan that pulls air from bottom of the fridge, through veg chamber, flower chamber and out.
Only thing i dont really like is that with this setup i cant fit fan and scrubber inside the fridge and the whole thing is outside. Also, im pushing air through the scrubber which is not really desirable application for it.
Good thing is it acts as nice muffler tho.

awsum cant wait to see some pics. what kind of light will you be useing in your veg chamber? and where are you mounting the fan? on top or back?

Hey mna

Check out FreezerBoy's, KolorBlind's, BlackSheep(disfunktional)'s and Melkor420's grows. All done in the fridge. Disfunktional's grow is still in construction phase (he's lazy :nanana:) but it will be one incredible fridge when it's done.

i know i know. slow motion lol

idontsmoke

A little update... nothing new really, just took few pics.

We are happy family :grouphug:
picture.php

And down in the jungle....
picture.php

Bush no.1 (no i didn't name the plant after former US president)
picture.php

Bush no.2
picture.php

These two have so many little shoots it's insane.

Ok, now, this has been bugging me.
Starts like leaf on the right...
picture.php

...and progresses to something like this
picture.php

in two days.

I don't think it's PH based N def, cos last 5 or so waterings they have been given PH adjusted 6.5 water with full strength veg nutes 6:3:6 every second watering.
This is only showing on lowest of the leaves.
Yellowing first started showing on older plants and progressed to younger ones in week or so.
Could this be sign of root bound plant? I know they become droopy when they get root bound, not sure about yellowing.
Gonna transplant them in to bigger square pots in few days anyway...

This is the fridge from distance
picture.php

And better view of intake
picture.php

Picture of my topping-gone-wrong-but-it-got-FIMd
picture.php

Tried supercropping few plants and they just gave me the :jerkit: and laughed at me
picture.php

And for the end, a little souvenir i got from friend on her trip to Netherlands
picture.php

Stealthy right? :biglaugh:

Right now, need to practice cloning. I looked at JJScorpio's thread on cloning located here and gonna try it today.

bengie187

I've been getting similar leaves......i've just chalked it up to lack of light for them then they die off....but i dont really know......I'vw been waiting for it to progress a little higher to get worried but hasnt really happened.......nice show BTW

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Hey bro really nice! Did you get a filter worked out?

Keep in mind your ph can swing rapidly. If it's 7.0 today it could be anything the next morning or even hours later. I hope it's not a dumb question but do you leave the lid off the bottle to let the chlorine evaporate? I've found an hour in the sun will get rid of the chlorine just fine. Even like 15 minutes makes a big impact and is okay imo.

I'm totally no expert but I think your leaf issues are ph related too. Something I read about ph screwups that I agree with - you can spend forever chasing it, analysing, treating, observing, hoping you got it right, dealing with mistakes....but far better to just deal with the cause of the problem. I know in future you should investigate dolomite for your soil mix. It helps lock the ph stable and gives cal and mag, which in my newb opinion, you may be getting locked out of in your pics.

Latest posts

Latest posts