What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dog the "Bud" Hunter

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
OK

Been a while since I had a thread. I have a grow going that is a little on the large side.

I wont really get into specifics, but here are some stats.

30 600 W Vertical lights.
2 400 W MH
Multiple Floros.
here are what I am using to feed them.

picture.php

picture.php

I got a bunch of clones,, that were in some sad shape. Romulan x timewarp
It took alot of work to get them to stay alive

picture.php

picture.php

A couple weeks later

picture.php

Beginning of flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A little later on

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some new pics in a bout a week

PiffGuru

I must say nice grow and wow thats alot of watts ur usin there, and not to knock ur grow or anything because the plants look great and u obviously have alot of experience... But what is the logic behind why your placing the lights vertically so high above the plants, seems like a waste of the potential of the lights, and second question why do you have them in such an open area? Seems like it would be even worse for the already unfocused lights.

Dr Dog

Veteran
Thanks for your comments Piff

I have the lights vertical, without reflectors, because I have heat issues right now. I have the large area, because I am not running full capacity right now, I am only at bout 60 %

There are other things in that room that are not shown, so it just appears bigger than it actually is

issack

Veteran
Reflection, light dispersion, and maximizing light density to it's fullest potential is what makes huge buds and big yields.. That's what makes paying the electric bill worth it..

I love your efforts and drive to go big.. but bro... you need to maximize the light you are using..

Dr Dog

Veteran
appreciate your concern

Thanks for stopping in, The pictures do not do it justice, it is quite light in there. I wear uvb glasses while I am in there

issack

Veteran
lol.. i bet you do... I swear i have lost some of my eyesight from HPS... haha

I'm watching this thread.. I look forward to the end result.

Reactions: ost

PiffGuru

well what I was thinking is if you spread out the plants and lowered the lights to the middle of the plants you would get alot more usage of the light.

issack

Veteran
well what I was thinking is if you spread out the plants and lowered the lights to the middle of the plants you would get alot more usage of the light.

good point.. or. cut the lights in half on the next grow and focus on light density and reflectors.. I bet you get a bigger harvest from the weight it produces.. Sometimes less is better than more.. just something to ponder while you have heat issues

PiffGuru

And on that note.. Are your heat issues from the local climate, or because there r so many lights... Either way ill be watchin to see how they turn out GL

Reactions: ost

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey Dr Dog, so this is going public is it mate? Well you know I'll be tuned in to this show. I wont bother bother wishing you luck with it, no need, I know how it will turn out, I've seen your shows before. Spotting you in those plant pics will be harder than spotting wally soon I know it. So what strains are you going with, a mix or a certain cut of a certain something? How often is harvest? How many litres are those horse buckets your growing in?
Take it easy mate

C

cellardweller

fuckin sick, Dog!
tagged and bagged and :lurk: like hell!

btw..Pow Tangs are in the line up for right around November..thanks again!

peacenpot,
~cd

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

It's the dog. The big bad dog! Looking good! Are they all Romulan x Timewarp?

peace
shoe

hazy

Veteran
The buds are starting to take shape, looking like some nice colas. Stay safe.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya Dr Dog

like cellar said ...this one is tagged and bagged !
i'm looking forward to you getting that thing completly full hehehehe ^^
but i'm shure that won't be a problem @ all