What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first White Widow grow under a 400W HPS

420chuy

Hello all!!

Here is the beggining of my journal... I put 3 seeds in soil last night so we'll see how long before they pop out of the soil.

Wish me Luck!!!

IMG_6534.jpg

IMG_6528.jpg

420chuy

Hello, just wanted to update everyone on my grow.

Out of three seeds planted on 7/22 only 2 poped out. One is growing very nice but the othe one is kinda slow..

Let me know what you guys think.. I have them on 18 hr 400W HPS. Fox farm soil. No nutes.

The pics aren't the greatest, they're from my Treo.

img002.jpg

img004.jpg

img005.jpg

hey there, wondering if you knew the breader of the seeds? or if they are bagseed?

the reason i ask is that i have some widow from greenhouse that i am going to grow out soon...

good luck

420chuy

BANDONLOOPER.. I'm not sure from which breeder they're from, I just know one of my friends ordered them online and passed three down.

420chuy

Another update..

Today I transferred both small plants into a bigger pot, the roots were starting to come out the drain holes in the small cups..(the big plant)... For some reason the smaller one is growing really slow, they were both planted on the same day..

Here are some pics.

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

img013.jpg

img017.jpg

img018.jpg

C

CannabisSativa

Hey man good grow so far...I love growing White Widow so much that I just put one in germination to accompany my Jack Here and Power Kush that have been growing for a couple of weeks.

I also used Fox Farm Ocean Forest with no nutes on my last Widow grow. Make sure to take it easy on the nutrients especially during flowering...start with 1/4 strength and slowly up the dose. I have a complete White Widow grow log (seedling to harvest) on a different forum and will link ya if you message me. I have the same WW diary on this site, but only from flowering onwards and not from seedling. Let me know if ya want the link...it will serve as a good reference.

:joint:

420chuy

Another update!:woohoo:

It has been 2 days since I transfered the girls and the big one keeps growing and growing.. The small one is growing at a much slower pace.

picture.php

picture.php

Here you can see the small one in the background. I think she feels left out..

picture.php

statusquo

Looking good. I too have started some widow and look forward to seeing what she has to offer. Just make sure to watch out for stretching if you are starting those seedlings under a 400w.

C

CannabisSativa

Damn look at those fat leaves...it looks like its going to be more Indica dominant...but it still a bit young to tell 100%. Once you hit day 12+ they will start growing fast. How long do you plan on vegging them?

420chuy

Looking good. I too have started some widow and look forward to seeing what she has to offer. Just make sure to watch out for stretching if you are starting those seedlings under a 400w.

Thanks!! Im keeping a close eye on em making sure they dont stretch or burn.

420chuy

Damn look at those fat leaves...it looks like its going to be more Indica dominant...but it still a bit young to tell 100%. Once you hit day 12+ they will start growing fast. How long do you plan on vegging them?

Im going for 30 days veg, or depends on how they look then.. Im not using any nutes yet so well see hot they grow when they get their bottle of nitrogen..

420chuy

Another update!! The poor baby was cut from the light for about 24 hours, thanks to my little big brother.. I hope it didnt harm my baby..

So here is a pic, she's 14 days old from seed. How's she looking guys??
The other one didnt grow as you guys can see..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

420chuy

Some more pics taken today, just minutes ago.

I was sondering what you guys think? I noticed the leaves being a little curled, the light is pretty far so I dont think its from the light. I will start feeding her FloraNova tomorrow.

When should I start LST? She's about 5 inches tall now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

CannabisSativa

They look very good...and you can start LST any time now especially since branching is starting to coming out.

K

KMK0420

in all honesty, give the plant some time to establish before you begin to LST. you COULD start now but its better to be safe than sorry

let it get at least 6" to a foot with a nice stem structure before you do that...i've seen many people try to LST and just snap the stem and thats the end of that plant!

i waited like 3-5 weeks from seed to LST and it worked fine! :)