What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

800w Satori / Kalichakra scrog

MoleMcHenry

This thread comes a little late in my grow, but I wanted to share it anyway. The first part of this thread will catch you up on the setup and what it looked like a few weeks ago.

I'm 44 days into flowering 1 x Satori and 1 x Kalichakra in a 39"x39" scrog in a Homebox L. Right now, the lights are 2 x HTG batwing reflectors and 400w ballasts. Bulbs are 400w Philips CMH.

The girls grow in 10g sterilite tubs filled with coco. I am feeding with Floranova Bloom as the base nute, with occasional doses of Kool Bloom, Sweet, and Floralicious Plus. I keep ppms around 750 until the last couple weeks, when I'll taper it down before a final flush. I like growing in a drain to waste coco setup a lot. It makes res maintenance regular but not constant, if you know what I mean.

Here's pics from March 18, or 20 days into flowering. Satori is on the left, Kalichakra is on the right

Satori:

Kalichakra:

As you can see, the canopy could be more even, and I have some empty parts of the screen along the edges. The Kalichakra filled the screen faster and more evenly than the Satori. Next time I'll let them fill the screen more before I switch to 12/12, and that will help make the canopy more even.

Here's pics from today, April 11, or 44 days into flowering. Satori is on the left, Kalichakra is on the right

By the looks of it, I'm thinking this is going to be my highest yielding grow ever. :fsu:

S

Seismic

Looking good mole, that satori is some really nice smoke. Take it easy dude:joint:

bigscoot

legal medical grower got my card & paper work 2 pr
Veteran
im on this one till the end i have a pack of each cant wait to popem

great lookin plants MoleMcHenry

are they nute sensitive

MoleMcHenry

Sesmic, FirstTimer76, CharlesSprkleaf, bigscoot, Wacky Tobacky, and D0MiN0: Thanks for dropping by and saying nice things. I'm glad to see you. I just finished checking the girls and they're doing great. Both are filling out and packing on the crystals.

Over the weekend I cleaned the res with Physan 20 and lowered PPM's to a total of 650, comprised of 450 ppm of flora micro, 50 ppm of sweet, and 150 ppm of koolbloom liquid.

If all the equipment arrives, this weekend I'll be putting a 600w HPS in there with an air-cooled super sun 2 and a new 6" S&P fan and 6" carbonaire filter.

I'll post some pics in a couple days.

Mole

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
flowers are looking fantastic mate... I hope mine look anything like this at day 44 (I'm at day 30 with a different strain and all, but just generally speaking :wink: )

MoleMcHenry

Hey JamieShoes, thanks for the kind words.

Here's some pics of the 3 Satori clones I'll be scrogging next. They've been in these 6" pots of coco for a week under a T5. They are showing signs of slight overfeeding so they'll get plain PH'd water tonight.

If they fill up these pots quickly, I'll transplant them to larger pots for a couple weeks before they move into the flowering tent. I think they'll get big fast in coco!

I'll post some pics of the scrog in a couple days so you can see some progress.

MoleMcHenry

I got bored so decided to post some new scrog pics from tonight, day 48. Satori is on the left, Kalichakra on right. The last two pics are Kalichakra. I just love the way those buds look!

L

lorddankinstien

Looks like the bomb :joint: well thought out set up I hope my turns out as good..

MoleMcHenry

Flowering Day 61

Flowering Day 61

Hi friends, I'm back with an update for flowering day 61.

Thanks for the kinds words lorddankinstien.

The satori colas (on left) are probably twice as big as the kalichakra colas (on right). Both smell heavenly.

Here are some of the kalichakra.

A few days agoI accidentally left the timer for my water pump off, so didn't water the plants for about 48 hours. The kalichakra began to wilt, but the satori just kept on trucking. I think they're still packing on weight...

Here's a shot of a satori cola.

Since they'll be chopped in 9 days or so, the girls are only getting plain PH'd water from here on out.

I also switched my setup quite a bit. I replaced the 2x400w CMH with 1x600w hps in an air cooled super sun 2. The new fan is a S and P td-150. The bulbs are hidhut. I got one of those sun shields to insulate the hood and used insulated 6 inch ducting to connect everything together. So far, it's working like a dream. 68f ambient temps and 76f on the canopy.

S

Seismic

Looking good man:joint:

How do you like that new fan in terms of noise output, and what fan were you using previously to it for your comparison? Im trying to decide if I want to get one over my 4 inch vortex. Your help would be much appreciated.

greenpenguin

Beautiful grow there, you're really packing the weight there. Just out of curiosity, why did you switch from CMH to HPS? And why go from dual 400w to single 600w? Seems like a downgrade both ways.

MoleMcHenry

FirstTimer76 - the fan is very good, and I like it a lot. I got it from hvacquick.com.

Seismic - I was previously using a growbright 4-inch fan.

To objectivly compare the noise output of the two fans, I took video (with sound) of the tent in the room from various distances. I did this for the growbright before I got rid of it, and of the S & P after it went in. Then I played the videos and compared the loudness. Since the only difference in the videos was the fans, it offered a nice comparison. The S & P was most definitely the winner.

greenpenguin - I put in an air cooled fan because it will keep the environment cooler, and I can get the light closer to the tops of the plants. It will kick ass in the heat of the summer. Also, I was toying around with the idea of eventually putting 2 600s in the tent.

Now I'm thinking that a 1000w would be perfect in there, provided I upgrade the fan to an 8 inch.

Mole

S

Seismic

Thanks for the comparison man, I think I may have to purchase one now:joint:

K+

greenpenguin

greenpenguin - I put in an air cooled fan because it will keep the environment cooler, and I can get the light closer to the tops of the plants. It will kick ass in the heat of the summer. Also, I was toying around with the idea of eventually putting 2 600s in the tent.

Now I'm thinking that a 1000w would be perfect in there, provided I upgrade the fan to an 8 inch.

Mole

I can understand wanting to air cool, but with the money you spent on a 600w HPS ballast, bulb and hood, you could have bought two cooltubes or air cooled hoods for your 400 watters and kept the CMH and the extra 200watts of light. I'm just curious what your thought process was for this.