What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheeseberry Haze Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
well they didnt seem to take to the HPS too well. I think I may've had the lamp too close at 12 inches (400w). I did the hand test and it seemed fine, but I later saw some bleaching and leaf curl and so have now raised the lamp to around 20 inches.

I also noticed that it seems to be the coco seedlings that are looking least healthy and this leads me to think I may have a either a slight N defciency or CalMag deficiencies. to this end, I'm going to get some seaweed foliar feed and some epson salts today.

JamieShoes

Veteran
I;ve decided to incorporate my PP clone grow into this thread. at least it might get updated a little more often...I've had the clones for just over 2 weeks, they were rooted when they arrived..

Feb 11 - 3 "ill" looking cuttings planted in soil, 2 good looking cuttings in soil and 3 in coco. - all watered in with 4 ml rhizotonic

feb 15 - all coco clones and WW on 4ml rhizo and 2ml A+B - all soil clones and seedlings 4ml Rhizo only

feb 18 - all clones fimmed

feb 19 - all coco clones start feeding on 2ml A+B, 2ml rhizo

feb 20 - all 6 to be flowered moved to tent 18/6 and start 1ml cannazym

Mar 1 - transfer to 11 liter pots

well its all change at the top... the plants have recovered sufficiently (imo) to be potted on, and just as well... I'm thinking the reason for "some" of the yellowing may also be due to rootbind. all of the coco plants had a "coil" and roots up to about 4/5 of the pot.

Anyways, all the PPs have now been moved on to 28cm (12ltr) pots and are now sitting in the pot holders I made for my scrog, besides the 2 that I'm just going to "let grow out" I mean . There are 3 soil and 3 coco in the scrog and 1 of each just sitting on the floor.

all the cheeseberries were moved on today from their 0.6 ltr pots to 2 liter pots. The'll be moved back to the veg box in around a weeks time when I flip the PP clones. they'll continue to veg until the PPs are done approx 6 weeks later.

I'm hoping the 9 week veg will make for a good harvest (don't forget these arent sexed yet, so I've no idea how many will actually make it to flower)...

actually I might leave them in the flower tent when I flip the PPs to sex them before moving them back to veg.... any thoughts?

pics to follow

JamieShoes

Veteran
heres a foto half way through transplanting...

Attachments

• the garden 01.03.09.JPG
    the garden 01.03.09.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 47

JamieShoes

Veteran
power plant mate and thanks for the kind words on me Scroglett :smile:

edit - I've had them about 2 weeks and they've just reached 7 inches tall. fingers crossed they'll fill up the screen quite quickly as theres 6 of em and I moved the light away to make a stretch a bit. That said, I'm expecting a "double" up during flowering stretch (or so I'm told) :smile:

edit 2 - actually, I added the screen just before lights out last night... 2 of them are touching it already (ooer, stop touching it!)... a inch over night :woohoo:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
still lurking around, peeping the cheeseberry....gotta see what becomes of that one...keep 'em going.

JamieShoes

Veteran
Cheeseberries are all doing well mate thanks for asking. I'll get a group shot of them later so you can see how they're coming along - I'm a total newb, but all the same they seem to be growing with real vigour. I've FIMmed a couple of them, topped a few others and will just let the rest grow "au naturel".

My plan for them is to leave them in the tent for sexing when I flip the PPs and then move them back to veg until the PPs are finished (6-8 weeks from flip - fast finishing PP pheno - six week sativa? eh? anyways..) by that time they should be a good size and I will hopefull have selected a mum to keep for clones.... then it's off to the ScrOG for the rest of em :smile:

This is a great thread JamieShoes. Informative and the plants look good and I love watching how people fill in scrogs. Good work and good luck and thanks for sharing.

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks for the kinds words, Jed.

I try to mention any little hurdles I encounter and their remedies as much as possible so I have a reference if the same issues arise, and also that any other new growers might read my mistakes and be sure not to repeat them (get that bloody lamp AWAY from those seedlings).. it also helps telling people what youre thinking of doing round here as theres lots of people with great input to let me know if I'm going wrong somewhere..:smile:

hopefully lots more to come on this thread... in fact hopefully LOTS more to come hehehe :smile:

cheers
j

3 plants have made it through the screen already. they'll be getting bent back in a few more inches

JamieShoes

Veteran
Hi Both thanks for looking in :smile:

its the PP thats currently under the screen, the cheeseberries are up next and are vegging alongside the screen at the mo... I just added the extra 400watt HPS and ramped up my exhaust fan to the next setting (2 of 3) and the temps "seem" to be holding at 27C. I'm still keeping an eye on it every 30 mins or so.. :woohoo:

edit - temps have climbed and are now sitting around 28.5C...I think I can probably live with that, I just hope my girls can. As its running a bit warmer than I'd like, I've decided to just use the second lamp between 6pm and midnight (after dark) until I can get the hole I need made to run the exhaust into the attic. the trouble I'm havng at the moment is that I'm exhausting straight into the room and the ambient temp in there is up to 26C

JamieShoes

Veteran
well today I decided that rather than battle temps with the two lamps in one tent, what I really need is a second tent... I have all the equpment ready to fill a second one, including plants, just not the actual tent...lol

anyways, fingers crossed this means the cheeseberries will be getting flowered MUCH earlier now (as they don't have to wait for tent space) and so now I plan to get them ready to flip in about 2 or 3 weeks...(instead of 8 :wink:)

JamieShoes

Veteran
Word to the Russ :wink:

todays dodgy fone cam foto can be found below... we now have four "breeching the screen" :smile:

the wife's PC gets fixed tomrrow (has card reader for my proper cam) and I'll get a decent shot of them then... in other news, my WW looks to be showing sex and is looking pretty girly :woohoo: (we'll see though, I could be wrong - "Bess, you'd better not be a Brian")

all the cheeseberries are now sitting in that tomato crate cept for one that wouldnt fit who's sat in the corner (poor thing, still its only temporary) :smile:

Attachments

• the garden 04.03.09.jpg
    the garden 04.03.09.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts