What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Smells of Winter: FT's 600w Organic Bonanza

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Hello all :wave:

Welcome to The Smells of Winter, my notebook/grow log for the new setup.

This grow will involve 6 or more strains grown in my own soilless organic mix.
1. Sour Diesel x OGK -JLP (Thanks JLP!!! :wave:) 2
2. Adventurously Mixed- Spice of Life 3
3. Bubba Kush BX1 - Kryptonite 5
4. Sour Diesel x Mississippi Mud - Vash (freebies: Thanks Vash!! :wave:) 2
5. NYCD x Strawberry Diesel - AnnaC (Thanks Buck!!!!!!!! :wave:) 2
6. AF - Mossy (Thanks Mossy!!!! :wave:) 3

Soil mix

3.8cu ft bale Peat Moss
2 bags EWC
8 to 10 cups Bone Meal
4 cups Blood Meal
8 gal Perlite
2 gal Vermiculite
3 pounds (1 bag) Bio-tone with mychorzzai (sp)
2-3 cups Epsoma Plant Tone
still needed>jersey greensand and epsom salts.

Lighting:

Seedlings:
2x32w 4' cool T8s in a 8"x4' shop light hood

early veg:
1-3 extra 4' T8 setups and/or my 150w HPS

Late veg and flower:

1x600w swithchable HPS/MH bare bulb hung vertically

space:
4'Wx5'Dx5'/6' tall (tent roof at an angle

ventilation:
Undecided on tent ventilation, possibly just my stanley fan on my 400cfm carbon filter.

Seeds put in paper towels 1/18

everything but two of the SOL adventurously mixed seeds have popped by 1/23.

SDxOGK and Bubba Kush BX1 plants are growing the fastest.

This will be more record keeping than anything else. Pics will be posted at the end of the grow, with most likely only pics of late flower/harvest.

Smoke reports and grow reports willl be posted as well as problems and issues i run into.

20 seeds put in towels. 18 in the dirt. 17 above ground with 1 that got too much light while in the paper towel and turned green/got confused.

Stay classy San Diego:joint:

picture.php

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Sounds good man - pulling up a chair if you don't mind :canabis:

:joint: did you hit this yet Mr. Bongjangles?

honored to have you checkin in first here!
you've got that king size chair in the front row if ya want it.

If ya have any criticisms let me know. I'm not sure about my mix at all. hopefully its not too strong.

mixin said:
this should be an interesting grow no doubt! i will be watching
Hi mixin :joint:
Thanks for stopping in :wave: welcome.

Mt Toaker said:
Well this menu sounds delicious and can't wait to see it get underway!

Hey Mt. Toaker.
I'm quite a fan of the menu myself. Hopefully nothing mediocre in this crowd. On that note, my bigger Spice of Life-Adventurously Mixed babies is looking very sativa and I'm hoping for a blockhead plant:woohoo:

The 4 biggest plants are SDxOGK (2) and the surprisingly vigorous Bubba Kush BX1:woohoo: They all stretch about 3 to 3.5 inches tip to tip on their first set with light thats too far away and not enough air movement since i still don't have an oscillating fan in the room.

Mossy's AF is looking extremely indicawith super wide super stubby leaves. They are pretty much a short oval. I think I'm in love. first super purple jem, then this :joint:

O, just in case you don't know what purple i'm talking about with Mossy's Jem...

......annnnnnnd the gallery is apparently down for maintenance, nevermind that.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
All the fast growers mentioned earlier (SDxOGK, BK BX1) are on their third set of true leaves. As babies tend to do for me, they shot up and developed a full node in 24 hours after the first leaf sets reached about 3-4 inches tip to tip. The SDxOGKs led the charge with the BK BX1 following close behind.

The AF from Mossy is developing nicely, though its leaves lengthened out a little bit to my disappointment. Hopefully it'll still be a heavy indica.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Most everything is progressing slowly but steadily.

The ladies, for the mostpart, are getting hungry and want to be fed nutes with their water now so i'll be most likely throwing 1/4 strength GH veg formula or a base 1/4 strength lucas formula in my watering device (a high tech 1 gallon jug, in case you were curious).

The Bubba Kush Bx1s are currently my fastest growers and second only to Mossy's AF plants in terms of leaf width.

I have one AF that stunted right after its cotyledons were all the way out..........might just need more water.

The SOL adventurously mixed seeds are....different....
2 of them rotted in the paper towel (temps probably not warm enough, too damp)
1 is really gnarly looking with these nice big jagged teeth on the leaves and fairly wide leaves (3rd place for widest).

The SDx)GK are coming along alright. I have one that's nice and big but not as compact as I'd like. other than that, they're average so far...............but this is a tough crowd, and average is pretty good.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
added a little 1/4 dose of some water soluble root hormone/fertilizer combo (Greenlite water soluabe 5-15-5)
any deficiencies that appeared before seem to have been stopped in their tracks. Everything is looking very green and healthy at the moment.

Bubba kush BX1s are still beautifully faaaat

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
repotted the plants to 6" round pots with my full strength organic mix filling up at least half the volume of the pot and the original beer cup size rootball filling up the rest.

I think they're liking the extra room because they took off. almost everybody shot up at least a a 1/2" in 10 hours, with over half of them growing 1"+. The light had to be lifted up 4 times today (keeping it really close). This is all under a 64w 4' 2 bulb t8 fluoro :rasta:

Brought up the 150w hps and a bunch of other equipment such as my 50-60 lb carbon filter with 6" flange, stanley fan, E&F setup,

will be picking up an oscillating fan soon too.

planning on vegging them this week under a 150w hps, next week under a 250whps, then 600w hps from there on out.

will be most likely taking clones at some point for mommas (dads will be revegged after they show balls and kept small if possible).

anyone know much about this?:

http://www.htgsupply.com/growlights.asp?categoryID=1&subcategoryID=101&typeID=58

THis is their 600w Digital Greenhouse Systems grow light. I couldn't find anything about cord shielding though...
Can you purchase shielded ballast-to-light shielded wire separately anywhere?

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
switched to 12/12 2/25

day 50 =4/16
day 60 =4/26
day 64 = 4/30
day 70 =5/6
day 75 =5/11
day 80 =5/16

clones coming off over the weekend most likely

pics to come...

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Those little girls all look real healthy Tracks.

thanks Mt. Toaker!
:joint:

I'm getting minor clawing on a few of the diesel crosses (SDxOGK and SDxMiss.Mud). Some bottom leaves are recovering or falling off due to nute burn, which occurred when the plants were first getting used to my organic mix. The mix may have been a bit hot. I'm not sure.

Besides that claw and initial burn, everything is loving the mix!
I'm pretty excited and think it will do well. But I could very well be wrong.

I plan to start mixing guano and molasses into my water around week 2 of flower.

Be back later with updates.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Yo Yo brother

Did not know you kept threads, got me along for the ride, plants are looking good man. if you post the BB code as opposed to adding the link, you will get your shots to show up in your thread

I will be here to watch them grow

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Yo Yo brother

Did not know you kept threads, got me along for the ride, plants are looking good man. if you post the BB code as opposed to adding the link, you will get your shots to show up in your thread

I will be here to watch them grow

Thanks for stopping in Dr. Dog:joint:

yea, just started keeping a journal again. Thanks for checking out the pics. Most of the plants are now in 3 gal pots so pics are coming soon. The plants filled up the rootspace in about 2-2.5 weeks during the jump from beer cups to 6" pots. Not too bad, not great either.

i'm hoping the roots will still stretch to fill the rootspace in early flower.

Thanks for the tip on the pics too.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
A few girls are showing. Too many males though. Some of the strongest looking plants including a fast vegging SDxMM and a buuuuushy Bubba bx1 are males ......

Just hoping that I'll end up with 7 or 8 females so I can pull at least 1/2# to last me a while.

Everything is in 3gal containers right now spreat out in 3 - 2x3 trays. The room is pretty much finished, but I'm still touching things up.

The room was getting too hot, so now I'm running the air from grow>light>filter>fan>out instead of not utilizing my A/C hood.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
just hit day 14 of flower today. Unfortunately, most of the crew wasn't at sexual maturity at the time of the flip so flowering weeks may not be indicative of future results.

dyren

What up Firsttracks, props on a nice grow.. your plants are mad healthy. Hope you get that HP from the ladies you have left.
:joint:

Cheers

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Besidehimself: Thanks brother. Things calmed back down for now. Its back on track for the moment. Drop back in in the next week or so, I'll be posting up 'midpoint' pictures.

Dyren:thanks for stopping in! Yea, the plants are doing pretty well in the organic mix. I'm afraid I made the mix too hot though, as many of my plants are lighter feeding kushes and Diesel crosses. I'm getting minor tip burns, some of the infamous 'claw', and some weird side-of leaf curl on my SDxMM's.

just cut clones tonight.
I got 8 off one of the StrawDiesel x NYCD!:joint: that had me smiling for a little bit.
Hope to turn that 8 into 32+ if I like the pheno and get it under a couple lights...

I hope to have them rooted by the end of March and swinging into their 2nd week of flower at the end of May, when I should be pulling down the last of the ladies (unless some of those Sat. dom. plants go longer).

All the males are puttin out pollen sacs like they're ready to get bangin. That means one thing.......chop chop.
Its ok though, I took 2 cuts off each male and have 3 in particular I plan on using eventually once more space makes itself available.

I wish I could show y'all the outside of my ghetto clone chamber. Not exactly nicely finished.....not that my flower room is either.......but with a 600 A/C hood, I like to pretend....

is a 33 watt diffused light fluoro bar ~30cm/12in from clones too much light?

If you're stoppin in and looking, feel free to say hi. more visitors gives me more motivation to get photos up