What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panop '09: Back Inaction (Mandala Satori & Kalichakra, Nirvana Ice, CH9 Hashplant)

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Sammet said:
So you're transplanting after flipping to flowering? I'll be interested to see how they go - I always try to transplant before the switch.
Yeah. It's not ideal, but I have no other choice. I'm currently close to max capacity in my one gallon pots, so I have to start pulling males before I can move up to my three gallon pots.

I've read a few threads here on ICmag where people have transplanted during flower with no negative results, so I don't think it'll be an issue. I'll just have to be super careful with the developing flowers...

charlesweedmore said:
mate you say cal-mag,what is this ?is it epsom salt ?
please give me a link for that product
Cal-Mag is a calcium/magnesium supplement. I use it because my tap water is a little lacking. Here's a link to Botanicare's page on the product:
http://www.americanagritech.com/product/product_detail.asp?ID=1&pro_id_pk=10

i have a homebox XL,too.
how many times do you transplant ?i read that transplanting that is more than 1 time would be stressed plants..therefore i will start in Solo cups and after 15 days, i will transplant them into 15litre pots.i will only transplant only 1 times,is it true ?;

and how many litre ( or gallon for yours ) pot do you use after solo cups ?
I just have a Homebox, not an XL: 3.5 ft x 3.5 ft x 6.5 ft.
I generally transplant twice: from Solo cups to one gallon pots and from one gallon pots to three gallon pots. Transplanting isn't very stressful for plants as long as you care for them properly while you're moving them about. Mainly, take care not to rip the roots...

Thanks for the kind words guys.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
It looks like those plants got through well. You're going to get some fat ladies soon.

-Funk

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice choice of plants.

I hate to see that they got hot. But, I would like to just add this...
I have used quite a bit of FFOF, and I have never experienced what you did. Not once.
Yes, I have noticed it a bit hot as the first sets of leaves sometimes want to burn and go necrotic sooner than maybe they would in other soils. But never has it looked to be what one would consider a "hot" medium.

Your plants look like you may have had a bad batch or something.
I look at it similar to how you do, and hold off on the nutrients all I can, and depend on the medium for nourishment. And with that, we must assume at least some N content, if the soil is indeed healthy enough to provide nourishment for the better part of the plants lives.

I agree that I would have a similar dislike for the FFOF with an experience like you had, but I have to think this an anomaly.

Nice set-up, btw.

32 Joints

Hey Panopticist, I've got this thread subscribed. I watched your first grow when I was a lurker and it turned out great. I even still use the CD spindle wick cloner that I made from your description.

Keep it up man. I can't wait to see these new girls of yours start packin on weight!

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Very nice choice of plants.

I hate to see that they got hot. But, I would like to just add this...
I have used quite a bit of FFOF, and I have never experienced what you did. Not once.
Yes, I have noticed it a bit hot as the first sets of leaves sometimes want to burn and go necrotic sooner than maybe they would in other soils. But never has it looked to be what one would consider a "hot" medium.

Your plants look like you may have had a bad batch or something.
I look at it similar to how you do, and hold off on the nutrients all I can, and depend on the medium for nourishment. And with that, we must assume at least some N content, if the soil is indeed healthy enough to provide nourishment for the better part of the plants lives.

I agree that I would have a similar dislike for the FFOF with an experience like you had, but I have to think this an anomaly.

Nice set-up, btw.

Interesting...

I, too, thought that the damage done by FFOF was extreme. I've burnt plants before by going a little heavy on the liquid ferts, but nothing like what I'm seeing now.

The reason why I strayed from Sta-Green soils in the first place was because of all of the rave reviews FFOF had gotten here on the forums. Maybe this instance is an anomaly, but I'll never know, because I won't use FFOF again. I won't risk three months of my life, as well as untold amounts of cash for seeds, nutes, etc. only to have a company/product with inadequate quality control sabotage my grow.

However, I do appreciate you dropping in and providing some perspective on the situation...

32 Joints said:
I watched your first grow when I was a lurker and it turned out great. I even still use the CD spindle wick cloner that I made from your description.

Keep it up man. I can't wait to see these new girls of yours start packin on weight!

Awesome. I'm glad to hear that I've been helpful. Thanks again for the kind words guys.

On another note, I think I've just spotted my first female. I'll give it another day or so and post a pic for some second opinions...

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Go ladies...go ladies...go ladies...go ladies... (Week 1 Flower)

Go ladies...go ladies...go ladies...go ladies... (Week 1 Flower)

Group shot @ week 1 flower
picture.php

So, it seems I've got some ladies...

Hashplant 1
picture.php
picture.php

Hashplant 2
picture.php
picture.php

Hashplant 3
picture.php
picture.php

Hashplant 4
picture.php
picture.php

I preemptively transplanted all of the Hashplants into 3 gallon pots since they are feminized. I'm still waiting on one to show sex, but so far so good. I'll continue to keep my eyes out for male flowers, as feminized seeds can sometimes herm out...

Ice 1
picture.php
picture.php

I have to pick up a few more 3 gallon pots to fill up my tent. This Ice will be the next one to be transplanted...

I also preemptively transplanted three of my five Satori plants into 3 gallon pots. They haven't shown sex yet, but I have high hopes for them.

See you guys around...

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Hell yeah some ladies have shown up to the party. I hope that Ice female has that gene that rapes your brain and tastes like lemons:joint:

-Funk

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I hope that Ice female has that gene that rapes your brain and tastes like lemons:joint:

No joke. I'm so down with the lemon-flavored brain rape...

I checked tonight and saw that the last Hashplant is indeed a female (great work CH9!) and that one of my Satori is a lady as well. No pics today, but I'll post more once a few more plants show sex.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CH9 seeds are always good in my limited experience. Congrats on the ladies Panop. Gotta love those big fat leaves...

thatguy

ROFLMAO!!!!! That's gotta be one of the BEST lines I've seen here, period.

Glad to hear about the girls, man! Some sexy ass lookin girlies, too, can't wait to see how they turn out!

All the best,
TG

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
One won't do and two is not enough for me...(Week 1 flower, cont'd)

One won't do and two is not enough for me...(Week 1 flower, cont'd)

I got me more ladies...

Hashplant 5
picture.php
picture.php

Kalichakra 1
picture.php
picture.php

Satori 1
picture.php
picture.php

Satori 2
picture.php
picture.php

You got one thats cool
Nowadays everybody got two
That'll do but, I need another one
Yep, I needs another one...

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
yo panopticist, looks like I got here right in time! Followed a couple of your old threads, good stuff. The ICE looks incredible! Can't wait to watch all the mandalas fill out, best of luck to you :joint:

:lurk:

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Week 2 Flower

Week 2 Flower

I'm down to one unknown Satori.
If I remember right, I've got 10 females so far.

5 Hashplants, 2 Satori, 2 Ice, and 1 Kalichakra.
picture.php

I saved a Satori, Kalichakra, and Ice male. I'm going to try my hand at some breeding.

I just watered the little one in front, so it's still looking a little droopy...

I've got a lot of real-life bullshit to deal with right now, so leave some comments and I'll get up with you in a few days...

OMG!!!! I'm with you thatguy. That has to be the some of the funniest shit I've heard this year so far! Hey pan nice looking girls & great sense of humor. I hope you get everything worked out. Good luck & GOD Bless.

Happy Growing

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Thank you for your patience...

Thank you for your patience...

Well, I've managed to get my bullshit down to a manageable level, thank you for your patience...

The final count is in and I have ten lovely females closing in on week 3 of flower. The last Satori was a male, which I am keeping for a bit longer.

I failed to mention that when I transplanted my ladies into the three gallon pots, I switched back to the Sta-Gree Nursery Mix. I have only watered once since transplanting and skipped out on ferts entirely. The burning has since stopped and they are ready for a watering tomorrow.

I'll use a light dose of flower ferts, Cal-Mag and Liquid Karma. Ms. Panopticist has a jar of Grandma's Blackstrap Molasses for completely unrelated reasons and I've read here on ICmag that it's a good addition to a flowering nutrient mix. I'll add the recommended 1tsp/gal...

However, I'm worried that between the Cal-Mag and the Molasses I'll be giving my plants way too much calcium and magnesium. Will the molasses have enough of both to replace the Cal-Mag entirely? Or should I just use a lower dose of the Cal-Mag when adding molasses?

Either way, I do have a bit of a consolation prize. Here's a pic of the interior of my tent...
picture.php

I've got a YieldMaster II Supreme 6" aircooled reflector, powered by a 400w Galaxy digital ballast. The light is cooled by a 6" Vortex fan (dialed down to 1/3 power) attached to a Can Filter 33 (not pictured, it's on top of my tent) for odor control. Temps are in the mid-60's (°F) during lights-off and low 70's during lights-on.

I also have a fan dangling off of my reflector. It helps dissipate what little heat builds up under the reflector's lens. Now that my plants are taller, it is becoming a liability. I need to get a clip fan soon...

See you tomorrow...

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would continue to use the cal-mag plus along with the molasses. I really don't think that blackstrap provides so much cal/mag that toxicity would be a problem. Perhaps use the 5ml recipe instead of the 10ml.
Blackstrap's claim to fame, IMO, is it's worth as a great chelating agent, on top of it's nutrient supply. The part about molasses providing a sweeter taste...well, IMO it can't do that unless it is used in the very last watering of the plant, about 8 hours before chop.

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
Group @ week 2.5 flower
picture.php

The plants got a good watering today with the following:
FloraNova Bloom: 1 tsp per gallon
Cal-Mag: 1 tsp per gallon
Liquid Karma: 2 tsp per gallon
Molasses: 1 tsp per gallon

Here's the lineup...

Hashplant 1 @ week 2.5 flower
picture.php
picture.php

Hashplant 2 @ week 2.5 flower
picture.php
picture.php

Hashplant 3 @ week 2.5 flower
picture.php
picture.php

Hashplant 4 @ week 2.5 flower
picture.php
picture.php

Hashplant 5 @ week 2.5 flower
picture.php
picture.php

Ice 1 @ week 2.5 flower
picture.php
picture.php

Ice 2 @ week 2.5 flower
picture.php
picture.php

Kalichakra 1 @ week 2.5 flower
picture.php
picture.php

Satori 1 @ week 2.5 flower
picture.php
picture.php

Satori 2 @ week 2.5 flower
picture.php
picture.php

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about the bullshit P - don't let it get you down mate. The molasses is a good addition too - like hoosierdaddy said, the chelation effect is worth it alone, improves the efficiency of your nutes. Those hashplants look like they're a little ahead of the others, how long do you expect them to flower for? The big fat leaves on the satori are looking mighty impressive.