What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats that bug ??...Find out inhere !!

C

cellardweller

got proof? baby wasps dont have full size wings like that bro..

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
You might be right cellar, Ive seen some things like that flyin around outside but they seemed to small to be a be and definitly wasnt no wasps... take a look at this, its a flying ant, only its bodys a differant color but it got them rings. It may be a new species of flying and or a hybid, U should put a patent on it! Then u can patent some poison to kill it with and make millions! :muahaha:
flying ant

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe its a species of the carpenter ant or something like that.... i just found this on the net....

Ants evolved from wasp-like ancestors in the mid-Cretaceous period between 110 and 130 million years ago and diversified after the rise of flowering plants.

we call them flying ants here...when they show up and come out there holes.....rain and thunder will come..most of the time anyway....

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
:yes:

Flying ant it is. They swarm here a couple times a year, the winged ones are new queens/drones. They fly off, mate, land somewhere & lose their wings then make a new colony.

Bugguide.net is another good bug ID site... :rasta:

Peace

Last edited:
C

cellardweller

Do you guys know of any way to eradicate them w/o doing any damage to the grow? Im fairly certain that I may have mentioned this somewhere but I was bro-sloshy last night (as a certain friend would say) I think they came outta a bag of perlite or EWC's from Wally world...
...And what kind of damage would they do to my plants or roots if any? Thanks for all your help guys!! It's greatly appreciated!
vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GET MO again.

~cd

Last edited:
C

cellardweller

wow, totally forgot about this. Yeah, it twas an ant. gone now though.
...and I wont be havin anymore bugs cause now..

peace,
~dwellard

Bluesboy

Dude...that thing strikes fear into my heart, I can't imagine what an ant is thinking when it's coming in for the kill. Is that really an effective pest destroyer?

Bluesboy

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
dude wtf! does it just climb colas all day?

seriously tho man i think it would strike fear into my heart...

on another note, do u feed it?

C

cellardweller

actually dontstep, she was eating up to 6 crickets a day. So cool to watch. She or it would rip off the legs and then go for the head... :muahaha:
I would let it climb on me when I was in the grow and it would just walk all around on my shirt and hands. When it wasnt feeding, it was a very docile creature. Although I fed it and took care of it, it ended up dying. It was an adult when I found it months ago so I just think it's time had come..I didnt see any egg sacs in it's tank or anything so maybe it was a boy..

Last edited:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some people say they won't harm your crop....but i've had them in large numbers and they did harm my harvest....so this is only my POV....i battle them with pyrethrum and neem oil...but i'm in soil and its hard to get these small critters under control when you are in a cellar .....even bleached the rooms a couple of times now..and still i have'm...i think they just live in my cellar....i'm even resorting to chemicals in veg....not in flower though !!

dubite

Great idea Core!
Very useful for indoor but outdoor I just let nature do it's thing. Never do anything against spidermites but they are done with after a week or so. Instead of killing everything with all kind of nasty products, I would rather have lost 10 leaves.

Have a good one!

bigjay

what kind of bugs are silver to white in color, very very small and live in the root zone. They stunt growth dramatically. THanks in advance

bigjay

im sure they are not fungus gnat larva. I have not seen any thing flying around either. I have some big bang, would/could you water it in to kill the little buggers?