What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

jinx420

my sick lady...

my sick lady...

need some help please....out of the four plants one is getting really yellow top and middle leaves. here is the info on my grow so far, any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. seeds are over 20years old....believe it or not.

What STRAIN are you growing?.......................................... ..............bagseed from nice indica strains.
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)...............................seed/rockwool cube
What is the age of your plants?........................................... ..........started from seed on 9/22/07 started 12/12 on 11/17/07. plants are 42" tall.
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower).........................................ar e the plants in? Flower/day 16
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)......................................au natural/soil/organic
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)....................5 gallon pots x 4
What substrate/medium are you using? (percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)....fox farms oceans forest
What Nutrient's are you using? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*..................fox farms tiger bloom, beastie bloomz
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?......................................dont have this kind of meter
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?............................................. .......6.2-6.8
What method of pH test was administered?..................................... .......test strips and drops
When was your last water?............................................ ...............12/02/07 flushed all 4 with six gallons plain water (ph'ed...run off 6.2-6.
When was your last feeding?.......................................... ...............11/24/07
What size bulb are you using?............................................ ...........600w
What is the distance to the canopy?........................................... ......18-20"
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)......................................... 39-52
What is the canopy temperature?...................................... ...............78f
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range).............................79f-82f/65f-68f
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)............................................t wo rotating fans....door open with lights on.
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?........................................... ...yes
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?......................................no
Is your water HARD or SOFT?............................................. ............dont know 25*d >4,5 mol/mx3
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?..................................been pinching underneath bud growth, just enough to bruise stem.
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?.............................no never.
Are plant's infected with pest's? .................................................. hell no
see gallery pics.....

Last edited:

Pothead from 86

I've got a ? hope this is where i'm supposed to ask it. Recently i found a tie on my main stem that was choking my plant, I removed the tie but today i noticed a couple of my huge fan leaves ha withered up and i cut them off. Sorry I cant send pictures dont have a camera. Is my plant goint to die. What can I do?

clark420

Can anyone help me with diagnosing this prob, I have had this wierd curling of the leaves and lower leaves turning yelloe with brown dots in them. And other leaves are burning, and some just dissappear like some bug is eating away at it, I used a 60x scope and didn't see anything. The some of cuttings were from Sr-71.. Oh how do I fill out that stitches questionaire?? Oh the first 2 pics is an areoponic cloner, I just checked the PH it was high I fixed it, but the problem started before that any help wouold be great..

So i have just put these clones under a 400w light and the tips of some of the leaves are beginning to point down, and i dont know what the problem could be
400w mh at 32'' from the tops
10 gallon rez
ph 5.6-5.8
pureblend pro at 1/3 strength
10 ml of calmag plus
2 40 gallon air pumps going to 4 air disks
its DWC

spacecadet

hey every one hope some one can help here i am growing 2 chem? x c-99s there both bonzi moms and i notice one is getting really bad lower leafs are drying up and falling off and getting white spots on the leafs. there growing under 4 18 watts flos in a small mouther room in a N.G.B grow box there about a year now and i am growing them in 4" pots in pet store brand coco coir and the nutes are GH flornova grow and protekit at 350 @7 ppm and the ph 6.9 in a 4 liter container not sure why but i had it at 5.8 when i first mix the tab water and nute and got may be a liter left in the container and now the ph jumped to 6.9 i check the run off after feeding and i got 610 @7 ppm and a ph of 5.5 i flush once a week with tap water wich has a ppm of 40 and a ph of 6.8 the box temp is around 62 to 80 and a humidity of around 40 to 70% the light schedule is 11 on and on 30 mins evey few hours to keep growth at a stand still and keep them from flowing here are 2 pics of the moms and hope some one can give me some feed back here.

S

statictattoo

Well id like to know whats wrong with my seedlings :(
I figure its A) i had my clfs to close or B) I used a drop (by eye with out a eyedroper) of superthrive to 1 liter of water.. and i know now i was way off it should have been more like 4 liters.. and i think one of my skywalkers is dying :(

G

Any idea why this leaf is so fwecked up? :cuss:

IMG_6434.jpg

IMG_6439.jpg

hey gypsy
i've got a bubble cloner set up n clones r not rooting. been 3 weeks now temps r averaging 75 n the resevoir. the light was about 6" above clones so i raised it to approx 12". there was a bit of slime on the stems so i washed the container and ran the stems under cool water 2 wash off the slime. without using any nutes, any ideas of wut i need 2 do to get them 2 root. a buddy of mine is getting root within a week and as far as i can tell everything is identical as far as set up and method.

crzygirl

WallyWatermellon, have plenty of bubbles in that cloner? Water PH at 5.8-6.0? Room Humidity above 35%? Making your cuts at an angle? Stem isn't under water is it, stem should be just above water line I think?

Also, after making your cut you can scrape a little bit of the stem above your cut, and that might make it easier for the roots to pop out. My clones were taken right out of flower, and took 2 to 3-1/2 weeks to show roots. The wait really sucks though.

Good luck on your cloning ventures!

Illadelph

Nute Burn?

Nute Burn?

starting from top of plant. DWC. 950 PPMS 6th week of flower. Just did a one day bi weekly flush and replacement of nutes. Strain is endless sky. FN Bloom PH:~6 Good. Temps: 77 Humidity: 30% Tap water

Holden Oversoul

disintegrating leaf

disintegrating leaf

Plants are in 3.5 gal coco+perlite bags. Hand watering using GH nutes run to waste. There are 12 plants on a 4x4 table, 3 of the plants are having this problem the other 9 look great. I have searched and searched for pests on the plants and I can't find any. THe problem started when I noticed that the new growth had taken on a wrinkled and gnarly look. The next day I noticed some of the leaves look like the photo. the leaf looks like it is disintegrating instead of being eaten by a bug. I've working with the same Purple Urkle strain for several years using the same nutrient formula and technique in the same grow room with great results. After I noticed the problem I watered the plants with 6.0pH water and clearex. I went ahead and set off a pyrethium bomb for good measure too. I did run my sulfur burner a few nights before I flipped.

How long has this problem been going on?
About 5 or 6 days

What STRAIN are you growing?
Purple Urkle!

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)
Clone.

What is the age of your plants?
2 months from cutting of the clone.

How Tall are the plants?
28-34"

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
3 days into flowering when I noticed the new growth had that gnarled and wrinkly look to it. Then the older leaves started looking like the photo. It looks like something

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)
3.5 gal

What Nutrient's are you using?How much of each with how much water? How Often? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
GH 3 part 1/1/1 transition formula with botanicare cal-mag, silica blast, supplements. Formulation is at americanagritech website.
1250ppm with a 5.8pH reservoir temp is 60F.

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
pH pen plus indicator drops and vial.javascript:void(0)

How often are you watering?
as needed, run to waste.

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?
Hand Watering as needed.

What size bulb are you using?
1000w HPS

What is the distance to the canopy?
16"

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)
~65%

What is the canopy temperature?
80 F

Are plant's infected with pest's?
I can't find any pests. It really looks more like the leaf is disintegrating between the veins.

Last edited:

grassfarmer

Toxic Co2 levels? I think

Toxic Co2 levels? I think

I made my own thread about this issue but I might get more traffic here.

Slight yellowing under fluro's withe temps too low (60's).
Way to long in keg cups (over a month).
*Extremely high co2 levels due to a faulty controller (ppm3), and guessing with timer after being transplanted into 3 gal, and moved into flowering room 3kw sealed, lights 3-4 feet away.
rapid yellowing, and signs of almost every nute deficiency since the move/ co2 incident.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=105157

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=105157

I'd like to know if anyone agrees with me that co2 is the main problem. and what to do about it until my new controller comes in.
Thanks

Orestes

Medic!

I'm doing a rubbermaid grow, FFOF with biobizz bloom and grow, 4 clones of hindu kush. We're like a week in to flowering so less than a month from putting them under the lights.
So yesterday my tallest plant starts wilting, not the entire thing-- nay, it's doing fine everywhere but 2 leaves near the top which turned all nasty with no warning. Should I just hack them off and be done with it? I thought it might be underwatering and I fed the plants this morning, but if the entire leaf is curled, sagging and brownish is there no hope? This plant has been a star specimen since day one, a sturdy green stem (the others are rather red). It's pretty close to the top of my setup, and I don't think it's light burn, as the leaves almost touching the lights (cfl) are fine.
I know i have some calcium deficiency in another plant and will be giving them some cal-mag pretty soon, but I could not find a visual facsimile of this in the main sickness thread so I turn to the forums...

Oh, and it's been damn cold here and they aren't getting much ventilation, as the lights are a good source of warmth, at least unventilated. I did put the fan on for a day a few days ago, could this wilting be a cold shock thing? should I be putting blankets over them at night?

Thanks

JamicanDreams

Sick Hawaiian Snow

Sick Hawaiian Snow

Hawaiian Snow difficulties

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What STRAIN are you growing?.......................................... ..............Hawaiian Snow Feminized (Greenhouse)
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)...............................Rapid Rooter with hydroton in a DWC
What is the age of your plants?........................................... ........... 5 weeks old, plants are 20" tall due to LST
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower).........................................just switched to 12/12
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)......................................Scrog/DWC/Lucas formula
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)....................4 gallon pots
What substrate/medium are you using? (percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)....Hydroton & Rapid rooters
What Nutrient's are you using? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*..................General Hydroponics Micro and Floro/super thrive/Dark energy
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?......................................900
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?............................................. .......5.7
What method of pH test was administered?..................................... .......meter
When was your last water?............................................ ............... yesterday top off
When was your last feeding?.......................................... ...............
What size bulb are you using?............................................ ...........400w HPS
What is the distance to the canopy?........................................... ...... 20"-24”
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)......................................... 22%
What is the canopy temperature?...................................... ...............70f
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range).............................70f-75f/55f-65f
Res. Temp.=60f-65f
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)............................................one rotating fan....door open with lights on.
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?........................................... ...yes
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?......................................yes-DWC
Is your water HARD or SOFT?............................................. ............Distilled
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?..................................Have removed some of the leaves that died due to whatever the issue is
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?.............................no
Are plant's infected with pest's? .................................................. no

Strange issues. Leaves grow well at first , then begin to curl upwards along the length of the leaf and the tips turn yellow and curl upwards. Eventually, necrosis sets in and the leaf dies and crumbles to the touch. I thought it heat related due to the HPS, but have grown varieties such as C-99 with not such issues and the 99 was close to the light.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
micro def? ph problems?

micro def? ph problems?

What's wrong with my plant?

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?

2 weeks

What STRAIN are you growing?

bag seed

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)

seed

What is the age of your plants?

~7 weeks

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?

~3 weeks

How Tall are the plants?

13 inches

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?

22 days in flower

What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)

LST

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)

1 plant in a 1 gal pot

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)

Scott's Topsoil 30%
Black Kow Composted Cow Manure 30%
Perlite 30%
Peat 10%
Lime 2 to 3 tsp per gal of soil

What Nutrient's are you using?

GH Flora 3 Part Grow, Micro, Bloom
CalMag+

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*

GH Flora 3 part with the same ratios as the chart for veg (3:2:1) and CalMag+, a transition in the first three weeks of flower from the veg nutes to Lucas(2:3 micro:bloom) and CalMag+.

How often are you feeding?

once a week

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?

2nd and 3rd week transition from 2:2:2 GMB to 2:3 MB

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)

Micro, Grow (if used) Bloom, CalMag+, GH PH up

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?

I start about 200ppm the third week of veg from seed and I end up with about 900ppm prior to flush.

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?

1st week 6.95ph
2nd week 7.15ph
3rd week 6.9ph
4th week 6.75

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?

Hannah Checker

How often are you watering?

every 4th day

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?

Jan 11, ~once per week

What size bulb are you using?

78w CFL for veg (3 - 26 watt) 150w HPS for flower

What is the distance to the canopy?

~7 inches in flower for the hps

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)

53 rh

What is the canopy temperature?

76 to 78 f

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)

days up to 78 - nights down to 63

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)

95 CFM total, speed controller on slowest speed

Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?

~13 cubic feet NGB split for veg and flower. 4" exhaust, 14" pasive intake total. Each grow chamber has it's own intake. Each grow chamber vents to the utility room then out the cab. Cool tube for hps. Pc fan in each grow chamber blowing on the bulbs and the tops of the canopy. All fans run 24/7.

Is the fan blowing directly at plants?

Somewhat, the pc fans are low cfms, only blowing across canopy

Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?

I water thoroughly and wait for the pots to dry before watering again.

Is your water HARD or SOFT?

soft hard, lol

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?

Town water (15ppm) 7.5ph.

Are you using water from a water softener?

no

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?

No.

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?

No.

Are plant's infected with pest's?

fungas gnats, not very bad. I may see 3 or 4 when I pull the pots out to water. I've been trying to let the pots get a little dryer between waterings than usual. I try to water before I see any dry droop.

Here's the pics:

First signs, the plant is medium green, might be a slight nitrogen def. Then I get this: (appeared in the second week, bottom of plant, large fan.)

Second to third week, nitrogen def not as bad with exception of afflicted lower fans:

Beginning of 4th week, plant size is somewhat diminished, bud size is small for this stage of growth: At first, half the leaf seemed to be affected. Now, one or two individual leaves seem to be affected on both sides (second pic.)

Thanks