What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

goldmund

thanks but there is no roundup in my direct neighborhood, i checked the roots on one of them and noticed nothing particular. for sure i think of a fungus / bacteria or even a virus maybe...

Last year too? Then the problem may be environmental.

I doubt the problem is overfeeding because the plants aren't dark green, no tip scorch, etc.

Just a hunch ... have you got termites in yr garden? In any case pull one of those plants and look at the roots. You may see chewed roots.

It may also be Nematodes which can be fixed by watering thru Molasses at One table spoon per gallon (4.5 litres). Nematode affected roots have lumps on them.
Possible chemical spray drift. Roundup sprayed next door on an unfriendly breeze will do this.

teide

Veteran
Thanks for your replies. Good to see that noone immediately said broad mites or similar.
If it is soil or genetics I am fine with it. I have taken a cutting of it to observe some more.

Teh_Baker

Looks like broccoli!

Looks like broccoli!

At first i thought this was stress from using Azamax and Capt Jack's Dead Bug spray, but now im wondering. It seems to move from plant to plant, and goes away afyer about a week. This particular plant has been affected for almost 2 weeks now. Does anyone know what is causing these twisted tops? What are my remedy options?
picture.php

picture.php

Attachments

• 20200727_201723.jpg
    20200727_201723.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200727_201735.jpg
    20200727_201735.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 47
T

Teddybrae

Never seen anything like this. When did you spray? Was it hot? If the twisting moves from plant to plant I 'd say the issue was environmental. Have you looked into what is Azamax? What's in it? And what's in Captn Jacks?

At first i thought this was stress from using Azamax and Capt Jack's Dead Bug spray, but now im wondering. It seems to move from plant to plant, and goes away afyer about a week. This particular plant has been affected for almost 2 weeks now. Does anyone know what is causing these twisted tops? What are my remedy options?
View Image
View Image

Teh_Baker

Never seen anything like this. When did you spray? Was it hot? If the twisting moves from plant to plant I 'd say the issue was environmental. Have you looked into what is Azamax? What's in it? And what's in Captn Jacks?

Azamax: Azadirachtin A&B
Cap'n Jack's: Spinosad

I alternate sprays and spray once every 2 weeks. Always spray at sundown so there are no direct sun rays beeming on the plants, however temps are often still 80+ degrees. The last spray before the picture was taken was 1 week.

T

Teddybrae

I guess you must need to spray this stuff or you wouldn't be doing it. All I can suggest is changing your times to spray in the morning when it's cooler. 80+ shouldn't be too hot. But not sure the spray is the problem anyway ... I give up!

Azamax: Azadirachtin A&B
Cap'n Jack's: Spinosad

I alternate sprays and spray once every 2 weeks. Always spray at sundown so there are no direct sun rays beeming on the plants, however temps are often still 80+ degrees. The last spray before the picture was taken was 1 week.

Teh_Baker

I guess you must need to spray this stuff or you wouldn't be doing it. All I can suggest is changing your times to spray in the morning when it's cooler. 80+ shouldn't be too hot. But not sure the spray is the problem anyway ... I give up!

Spraying in the morning is just not possible in my situation. I am at work at 5am and dont get home until 3.
I was mostly afraid it is cause by mites. I have never had to deal with them, but I know some of my neighbors have had issues in the past. The other plants that had similar twistiness no longer show the same signs. Perhaps it could just be some genetic mutation.

If it were your plant, would you just cut the effected tops off, or let them go and see what happens?

T

Teddybrae

I would let them live on. Hopeful, I guess ... maybe they'll come good. If Nature decides the tops must die, you won't be in any worse position than if you'd topped them. Let it be, as Lennon said.
Perhaps though you could dilute yr spray by half and spray them twice, a couple of days apart?

Spraying in the morning is just not possible in my situation. I am at work at 5am and dont get home until 3.
I was mostly afraid it is cause by mites. I have never had to deal with them, but I know some of my neighbors have had issues in the past. The other plants that had similar twistiness no longer show the same signs. Perhaps it could just be some genetic mutation.

If it were your plant, would you just cut the effected tops off, or let them go and see what happens?

Teh_Baker

Another grower i know in person, swears it is broad mites. Even though i dont have the wet/waxy looking leaves, i have been afraid of this. He recommends i use castile soap with any essential oil as a foliar spray to get rid of the issue. I have some on order. Will report results once i see some.

teide

Veteran
picture.php

Any idea what is up with this one? Started as spots and the brown/purple color has spread since.

[k2]

The plants were transplanted into new containers 2 weeks ago. The leaves are dark green with claws from 10 days. I can't see the mites.
one dose of fertilizer:
alfalfa and guano tea. tall P.
GHE PRO Organic Bloom 1ml / l
Mineral Magic 0.5 g / l
ghe trikologic (triho)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83760&pictureid=2084152 https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83760&pictureid=2084153 https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83760&pictureid=2084156 https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83760&pictureid=2084154

stashpot

I think it's a blockage of iron and phosphorus caused by too much calcium. someone
will confirm?

could be lots of reasons to me looks like bleaching from cheap leds raise your lights further see how she takes it and maybe some type of slat or toxic build up. give it some clean water for few days

Squiip

Sick plants

Sick plants

Im growing in sphagnum non fertilized and Moler (normally used as cat litter), watering with tapwater. i had a break for 7 years and and I used to grow in moler only and it was working just fine, would my sphagnum be the problem ?
This is my third try and they all behaved like this, and I cant figure out whats causing the plants to act like this. Im using the same water as before only thing changed is the sphagnum.

woolybear

Veteran
one seedling out of 6 not behaving

one seedling out of 6 not behaving

I have a tray of 6 young plants, all are fine, all getting the same nutes, except this one is not happy.

Its not as neon green in real life, but you an see the fan leaves are clawing a bit, there's some browning damage on the edges of the leaves.

Perhaps this one is sensitive to nutes? needs more cal/mag?

picture.php

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Im growing in sphagnum non fertilized and Moler (normally used as cat litter), watering with tapwater. i had a break for 7 years and and I used to grow in moler only and it was working just fine, would my sphagnum be the problem ?
This is my third try and they all behaved like this, and I cant figure out whats causing the plants to act like this. Im using the same water as before only thing changed is the sphagnum.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=85045&pictureid=2102208&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=85045&pictureid=2102203&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=85045&pictureid=2102209&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Sphagnum is quiet acidic on its own. Don't know moler but with sphagnum u need something like rockdust to adjust the ph of the mix back.

Amynamous

Any advice?
Plant is growing in soil(mix of coco, peat moss and perlite), Ph is between 6.4 and 6.8(using test strips), using a blumat, but it’s been going crazy lately. I recently bumped up the calmag a bit as she was showing signs of deficiency. Lights are 5 9w SILs,(2x27000k, 2x3000k and 1x5000k) and the lights are currently 9 inches away from the plant.
The only recent change(besides the bump in calmag) is she was LSTed and trimmed yesterday.
I am at a loss.
:gaga:

Attachments

• BF7C2F51-316C-4652-96E0-A157DEB96365.jpg
    BF7C2F51-316C-4652-96E0-A157DEB96365.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 670F35FD-44F6-40B8-9281-FCC43145AD57.jpg
    670F35FD-44F6-40B8-9281-FCC43145AD57.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 65
  • C20A0FEA-F1DE-4454-AAAA-0685EF7A64C2.jpg
    C20A0FEA-F1DE-4454-AAAA-0685EF7A64C2.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 53
  • BBF0A732-62E3-475C-9AAA-75596BD0C672.jpg
    BBF0A732-62E3-475C-9AAA-75596BD0C672.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 48

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any advice?
Plant is growing in soil(mix of coco, peat moss and perlite), Ph is between 6.4 and 6.8(using test strips), using a blumat, but it’s been going crazy lately. I recently bumped up the calmag a bit as she was showing signs of deficiency. Lights are 5 9w SILs,(2x27000k, 2x3000k and 1x5000k) and the lights are currently 9 inches away from the plant.
The only recent change(besides the bump in calmag) is she was LSTed and trimmed yesterday.
I am at a loss.
:gaga:
Looking overwatered imo