What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

FrostAie

These poor mommies have been getting worse and worse...I thought it was a cute thing when it first started a couple weeks ago, but now that its getting worse I'm thinking its something else. I recently sprayed a new product for IPM so I was thinking maybe it dripped into the coco and threw it out of balance...idk! Please help
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81805&pictureid=1993277View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81805&pictureid=1993278View Image

whats the humidity? I have had this when it dropped below 44%

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi folks

picture.php

Think thats Meloidogyne spp. Want to go sure and the only 100% working thing against these fuckers is a total soil change. In nature u could try 7 year grow break or steam your soil because some of them would survive freezing in winter. Planting tagetes patula could also work as these are poisones for the meloidogyne.

Got this with reusing my soil over and over. First only noticed when pulling out plants with no real loss in harvest. My last run was 2/3 loss in combination with thrips and spidermites a lot of plants just died after switching like the one shown.

Took a growbreak, made new soil, scrubbed the pots and place and got some predator mites against thrips and spidermite. So i think that grow will be fine

picture.php

Mellowsunset

Young plants with poss cal def appearance

Young plants with poss cal def appearance

Greetings from Ireland folks

I have 6 6 week old Special Queen plants. First 4 weeks the were happy in BioBizz Light Mix soil with defluorinated tap water only (220 ppm). They were repotted to 50% Light Mix 25% vermiculite 25% perlite. I know that mix is half way to hydro, but I got burned last grow with 'super soil' so I took slownickel's advice on having a speed boat soil rather than titanic. They were happy with their move and I was easy on the nutes, NPK 25:15:15 300 ppm. Another week passed with good growth, then the first big cut for manifold training. I was expecting them to be stressed to a standstill, which they were for 3 days, then took off. Four or five days brown spots appeared on one leaf of one plant. I think it's calcium def, they're are appearing on all plants. I've tried a 50:50 tap RO mix and added some CalMag making it 300 ppm, applied as a foliar spray, no good. I then tried NPK 25:15:15 150 ppm + CalMag 150 ppm to get it in thru the roots, no improvement. Both were ph 6.8. It's an indoor grow with the supply air coming thru a pollen filter so I don't it's disease or insect. Tbh I'm guessing on the foliar spray. I've read it's a fast to fix a cal def problem, but in terms of how strong the mix and how often and when I couldn't find anything definitive.

The pics are taken under full spectrum Migro LED lights. Seen thru a grow light filter the overall colour of the leaves are not as yellow and off green, other than the spots they look pretty good.

Looking forward to your wisdom.

Attachments

• 20200313_134138.jpg
    20200313_134138.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200313_135107.jpg
    20200313_135107.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20200313_135035.jpg
    20200313_135035.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20200313_134952.jpg
    20200313_134952.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 54
So the plants were looking pretty good until just recently the new growth has started to come out looking funny and burnt and kinda of twisted a little and basically looking like its going to die off not sure why im in coco with a ph of 5.8 everytime, i suspect fungal issue of some sort maybe aome kind of disease idk i know its not the ph any feedback would be very much appreciated thanks!

Attachments

• 20200311_212322.jpg
    20200311_212322.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200311_212314.jpg
    20200311_212314.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200311_212412.jpg
    20200311_212412.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200311_213014.jpg
    20200311_213014.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200311_212421.jpg
    20200311_212421.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 48

chacaldubengale

So the plants were looking pretty good until just recently the new growth has started to come out looking funny and burnt and kinda of twisted a little and basically looking like its going to die off not sure why im in coco with a ph of 5.8 everytime, i suspect fungal issue of some sort maybe aome kind of disease idk i know its not the ph any feedback would be very much appreciated thanks!

test runoff ec. if its too high you probably have nutrient imbalance/salt accumulations
coco need big runoff to be sure to rinse all acumulations each day

Blackrussian199

What's wrong with these?

Attachments

• 1595299676891-686440544.jpg
    1595299676891-686440544.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 1595299707905-1292492577.jpg
    1595299707905-1292492577.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 1595299721142608184362.jpg
    1595299721142608184362.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 53
T

Teddybrae

What's wrong with these?

Looks to me like the potting mix has had a little too much nutrient ... or you've put too much fertiliser on.

I 'm assuming those pots drain well?

Looks to me like you need to transplant them into bigger pots.

Soil pH test kits are cheap at the hardware.

If you know yr pH is right that is a good starting point for accurate analysis.

St. Phatty

& don't forget to turn off the house fan while you're out watering the plants !

i left the fan on, pumped lots of hot air into the house, early in the morning.

A/C never caught up.

oh well, got something to focus on today -
give the plants their daily ration of water so they can do what they do best.

covering the black plastic with aluminum foil & cloth, seemed to take care of my own Sick Plant problems.

goldmund

help please, got the same issue this year, a friend whom i gave plants last year got the same thing too, both last year and this one,so to me ,it doesn't look like deficiency or over feeding
high icmag sorry to bother you with another post but WTF is happening to my babies? i've already lost 5 of them due to that shit, this literally breaks my heart to see them dying without being abble to do something... here is the problem:first the leaves are verry pointing up ,then getting pale/yellow, they stop growing and finally the whole plant die .dispite a good weather this year and good care (i hope) ,there still have problems...i'm growing all organic with guano and diferents manure .any help woul be appreciate .thanks

T

Teddybrae

This is hard to fix. You need Iron Sulphate. Buy some of that and follow instructions on the container. Maybe HALF strength of what they say on the label. You can always do it twice if once fails.

ph is just over 7 i test the runoff, you think i mightve put a little too much dolomite in the mix?

T

Teddybrae

Last year too? Then the problem may be environmental.

I doubt the problem is overfeeding because the plants aren't dark green, no tip scorch, etc.

Just a hunch ... have you got termites in yr garden? In any case pull one of those plants and look at the roots. You may see chewed roots.

It may also be Nematodes which can be fixed by watering thru Molasses at One table spoon per gallon (4.5 litres). Nematode affected roots have lumps on them.
Possible chemical spray drift. Roundup sprayed next door on an unfriendly breeze will do this.

help please, got the same issue this year, a friend whom i gave plants last year got the same thing too, both last year and this one,so to me ,it doesn't look like deficiency or over feeding View Image View Image View Image

teide

Veteran
Crinkly leaves

Crinkly leaves

Hi,
What could this be?
One of my plants has deformed leaves. It looks as if they are drying up. The leaves have been deformed ever since it was a seedling. The plant has been treated the same as the rest of the siblings, which leads me to the conclusion that it’s not the environment. Is it a disease or just funky genes?

picture.php

picture.php

T

Teddybrae

I would be inclined to think there is an oddity within the soil of that particular pot. Some mineral excess/imbalance.
When you finish with the plant have a look at its roots for symptoms of disease.
But there's not much that can be done at this stage. I think.
Enjoy yr other plants!

I wood

Hi,
What could this be?
One of my plants has deformed leaves. It looks as if they are drying up. The leaves have been deformed ever since it was a seedling. The plant has been treated the same as the rest of the siblings, which leads me to the conclusion that it’s not the environment. Is it a disease or just funky genes?

View Image

View Image

I have had several sativa varieties that do that when small, clones or seedlings. It always happened when kelp was present, newly made dirt or soluble kelp applied at transplant.
They have always grown through it in a few weeks.

goldmund

genetic i would say

Hi,
What could this be?

View Image

View Image