What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

Sargemilla

Cooper, I have no experience in this manner, but as a general rule, find something that eats caterpillar and NOT your plants and add those living beings to your garden. All natural :)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
View Image

Hey guys!

I need some help.I have a skunk plant about a month into budding. I live in Toronto and the plant gets about 7 hours of sun. It is in a 14" round planter pot. I water it most mornings with 3 litres of water which tends to run out the bottom quickly after.
I started using 24-8-16 giving it about a half tsp once a week. I also just bought some Gaia green 0-13-1 but havent used it yet.

The plant looked fantastic for a while but this week I have notice more pale leaves and a majority of curling leaves some having burnt tips.

Please help me be a better grower!
Hey true north,. Usually burnt tips indicate over feeding.
Usually when the npk numbers are in the double digits ( or when trying a new fertilizers) I start out using a quarter of the recommended amount that is listed on packaging.

Remember that different strains, different phenos, and different cuts from the same mom will sometimes have different fert needs based on environment and differing soil conditions. Start out low and gradually add more fertilizers till u see the tip burn- then back off and you'll be able to see what each plant needs.

islandgrower721

Problem with my seedlings in coco

Problem with my seedlings in coco

Hi i have a problem with my seedlings in coco only 3 of the 5 are showing the issue . Which looks like burning on the leaves.

Attachments

• 20181007_144003.jpg
    20181007_144003.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 24

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
How to get rid of scale on plants and the leaves?
I was told by someone that a garden center that I could use neem oil. Which I have on hand. Would this work to get rid of them? I don't want to damage the plants with neem oil if that's even possible.
I removed as much of the infected leaves as I could.

Attachments

• 20181106_103539.jpg
    20181106_103539.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20181106_103453.jpg
    20181106_103453.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20181106_101241.jpg
    20181106_101241.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20181106_101631.jpg
    20181106_101631.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 15

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
How to get rid of scale on plants and the leaves?
I was told by someone that a garden center that I could use neem oil. Which I have on hand. Would this work to get rid of them? I don't want to damage the plants with neem oil if that's even possible.
I removed as much of the infected leaves as I could.
Neem will not harm plants when applied properly. Start with a good quality neem. Not the 70/30 neem mix. Put around a tablespoon into a shot glass. Then put a pinch of agsil(potassium silicate) and stir till homogeneous. Then mix that into a gallon of WARM water.
Karanja oil will also work the same way with some people recommending a 60/40 neem/karanja mix.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Doctor doctor, give me the news, I got a bad case of...

25 days old.
LSD-25 auto in an admittedly hot soil watered with Blumat
Burned tips, newer leaves canoeing.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Any takers?

Chazzadee123

Sick

Sick

What’s up with these

Attachments

• E61F4600-8850-4361-BAD1-A9FB1A3B7531.jpg
    E61F4600-8850-4361-BAD1-A9FB1A3B7531.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 20
  • F4D82A79-B7B7-4D46-82BB-F6CC55A8EC02.jpg
    F4D82A79-B7B7-4D46-82BB-F6CC55A8EC02.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 17
Hey Guys! Have a problem here...Plants are about a week in Veg and about 3 of the 40 looked like this this morning when I woke up. They are seedlings and I’m just using FFOF and water, nothing else. Temps are about 78-79 at the canopy using 1k watt halogen and then switch it down to 600 when temps get around 79. I don’t have an exact measurement but I’d say the lights are about 18 inches roughly from canopy, any help on what the issue is would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
lwxeUcX

Attachments

• 52CFEA07-06F7-4EB6-9215-206B2A7C609A.jpg
    52CFEA07-06F7-4EB6-9215-206B2A7C609A.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 16

Dr.NO

Hey Guys! Have a problem here...Plants are about a week in Veg and about 3 of the 40 looked like this this morning when I woke up. They are seedlings and I’m just using FFOF and water, nothing else. Temps are about 78-79 at the canopy using 1k watt halogen and then switch it down to 600 when temps get around 79. I don’t have an exact measurement but I’d say the lights are about 18 inches roughly from canopy, any help on what the issue is would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
View Image

It sounds like your light is way too strong and too close for seedlings. Also, FFOF can be too strong for seedlings.

I'd say dim the light and move it a lot higher until the plants are really ready for it then gradually increase the power as flowering approaches. FFOF is strong but they'll probably survive it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

25 days old.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Any takers?

The leaf"tacoing" is a sign of only a couple things. Heat and/or humidity issues can cause this to happen. Typically, if it is heat from the lighting then the leaves showing the signs will be at the top of the plant. If humidity is an issue then it will show on the leaves that get hit by the fan or moving air the most. This happens sometimes when the air inlet is blowing dry or humid air onto one or two plants. It will show on one side of these plants but not the other, or if there is a fan blowing down warm, dry air from above onto one plant.

However, the other thing that is fairly common for causing a little "tacoing" that shows on lower to middle leaves is going to be an early sign of magnesium deficiency. Sometimes the mag deficiency will also show a little bit of faint yellowing on the affected leaves in between the veins of the leaf fronds, or even a very faint lighter green outline of each leaf frond as if someone took a lime green highlighter and went around the edges off each frond on the affected leaves.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran

25 days old.

Any takers?

N excess. Mo deficiency. Ca deficiency, P deficiency maybe...

To fix, add Mo, gypsum and foliar with Mg (to get rid of the N excess).

Try adding something with high P.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The leaf"tacoing" is a sign of only a couple things. Heat and/or humidity issues can cause this to happen.

However, the other thing that is fairly common for causing a little "tacoing" that shows on lower to middle leaves is going to be an early sign of magnesium deficiency. Sometimes the mag deficiency will also show a little bit of faint yellowing on the affected leaves in between the veins of the leaf fronds, or even a very faint lighter green outline of each leaf frond as if someone took a lime green highlighter and went around the edges off each frond on the affected leaves.

Mg will show up more as yellow blotches in between veins, it will NOT to the edge of the leaf.

When the yellow blotches are on the edge and do not obey the vein at all, this is phosphorus. Phosphorus deficiency also is indicated sometimes by blackened or darkened center vein.

Mg deficiency only happens when there is too much K and Na, or when Ca is low and or when P is low. Often Mg in the leaves is highest when there is low Mg in the soil!

Often low Mg in the leaf can happen when Mg is actually toxic in the soil.

Plant nutrition is not linear thinking either. That last one regarding toxic Mg in the soil and low in the leaves took me 15+ years to learn.

Hey Guys! So I’m looking to maybe get some feedback on my plants and their progress so far. Looking for some imput on how they currently look and what are some things I could possibly be doing differently or better.

A little background info before I post pics... I currently have a few different strains going. I purchased seeds of some sour og cheese, purple reign which is (purple urkle x fall 97), Ethos Glue, and Black Fire Chem. The majority of them are purple reign and sour og cheese. They are mostly combined in groups of strains but not all to give you an idea of what is what in the pictures but the sour og cheese seem to be not doing as well as say the purple reign or glue. As you can see in the pictures the sour og cheese are a much lighter green and the purple reign have been able to keep their darker color better. There is already a strong odor from them and I’m hoping to veg them for about one more week before I transplant into 3 gallon smart pots as well as top them and try to salvage the tops as a clone for each plant (if I can get enough stretch from the tops to have room for a cutting) I’m only using regular water right now no additional nutrients at the moment and just plain Fox farm ocean forest. As you can see there some spotting on quite a few on the sour chem and had posted previously about it. Seems like it’s on older leaves and not the new ones so I hope it will be ok. My temps range from 72-75ish and it appears my humidity is at about 20 percent. I’m not sure how correct that is though because even after a fresh watering it still stays in that 20 percent mark when I feel it should go much higher. I have them under a 1k watt metal halide bulb. I’ve noticed some branching starting to happen from the nodes which is a good sign and the nodes are very close to each other. I was just curious on the overall appearance of them because they seem very droopy and not perked ip like I’ve noticed from some chem dog I’ve grown in the past.

Wondering what could be the reason for this and if it’s ok or I should be worried. I also should note the way I’ve been watering them may have something to do with it but not sure. I had to go away for a week so I soak them all as much as I could and then filled the saucers they were in as full as I could so that they wouldn’t need to be watered. I did that late Thursday night and just got home today. They are still pretty saturated for the most part so I’m wondering if the droopiness is from overwatering? Anyways thanks for reading and any help or advice 🙂

Attachments

• 0E76F228-5635-4060-B89D-21CE1AB8D1B0.jpg
    0E76F228-5635-4060-B89D-21CE1AB8D1B0.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 16
  • A899A3A7-B5ED-41F3-8A10-636C39FD89DB.jpg
    A899A3A7-B5ED-41F3-8A10-636C39FD89DB.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 23
  • 8422FA6A-7352-4A81-8142-6ECF99A5EAEA.jpg
    8422FA6A-7352-4A81-8142-6ECF99A5EAEA.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 9D145B41-3CA5-4B73-883A-8BDA9E397046.jpg
    9D145B41-3CA5-4B73-883A-8BDA9E397046.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 650E681C-E6F4-4E13-A97A-72FBFB819427.jpg
    650E681C-E6F4-4E13-A97A-72FBFB819427.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 4351AE32-44AE-4113-A47E-902A2B646AC2.jpg
    4351AE32-44AE-4113-A47E-902A2B646AC2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 43B6F95D-5849-44EA-9FDF-303D2D7972A0.jpg
    43B6F95D-5849-44EA-9FDF-303D2D7972A0.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 4C0DBE46-27BC-4C18-9C03-345257B02BE4.jpg
    4C0DBE46-27BC-4C18-9C03-345257B02BE4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DF34DD30-688D-4E55-A0D3-99D75C335CB8.jpg
    DF34DD30-688D-4E55-A0D3-99D75C335CB8.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 18
  • A378BC39-DE43-4877-BD4C-1EB646B7899A.jpg
    A378BC39-DE43-4877-BD4C-1EB646B7899A.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 17
R

Rab.C

Sup icmag 1 of my plants are starting to get brown rust like patches
on some leaves they didnt have them 3 days ago only thing i changed
was i upped the C4 from 5ml to 10ml then i noticed these leaves a few days later i am week 4 of 12/12 any ideas whats wrong thanks for looking Rab.c

T

Teddybrae

Hulloo Jock!

Mate those plants look SUPER!!! It's possible at this stage of their life that there is a shortage of Calcium. But I don't think I 'd be doing anything to them until the leaves change colour and they begin curling.
OH, I get it ... your so (rightfully) proud of yr plant you've found another thread to put up a pic in. You Bragger! You Skite! You Scotsman!

Sup icmag 1 of my plants are starting to get brown rust like patches
on some leaves they didnt have them 3 days ago only thing i changed
was i upped the C4 from 5ml to 10ml then i noticed these leaves a few days later i am week 4 of 12/12 any ideas whats wrong thanks for looking Rab.c
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79361&pictureid=1925360View Image

T

Teddybrae

Hello Poster ... you need to boil down your issues and be specific.

Those plants look like they're overwatered. But at least they're alive. Let them dry out a bit.
Spots on leaves ... CalMag them or sprinkle Dolomite like sugar on a donut over yr soil and water in. Don't sprinkle too much. Sprinkle a little at a time and wait to see effect. You can always do more tomorrow.
Different varieties of Cannabis will perform differently side by side. Why do you want more humidity? Humidity not good.
And best not to leave little plants like that for a week!

Hey Guys! So I’m looking to maybe get some feedback on my plants and their progress so far. Looking for some imput on how they currently look and what are some things I could possibly be doing differently or better.

A little background info before I post pics... I currently have a few different strains going. I purchased seeds of some sour og cheese, purple reign which is (purple urkle x fall 97), Ethos Glue, and Black Fire Chem. The majority of them are purple reign and sour og cheese. They are mostly combined in groups of strains but not all to give you an idea of what is what in the pictures but the sour og cheese seem to be not doing as well as say the purple reign or glue. As you can see in the pictures the sour og cheese are a much lighter green and the purple reign have been able to keep their darker color better. There is already a strong odor from them and I’m hoping to veg them for about one more week before I transplant into 3 gallon smart pots as well as top them and try to salvage the tops as a clone for each plant (if I can get enough stretch from the tops to have room for a cutting) I’m only using regular water right now no additional nutrients at the moment and just plain Fox farm ocean forest. As you can see there some spotting on quite a few on the sour chem and had posted previously about it. Seems like it’s on older leaves and not the new ones so I hope it will be ok. My temps range from 72-75ish and it appears my humidity is at about 20 percent. I’m not sure how correct that is though because even after a fresh watering it still stays in that 20 percent mark when I feel it should go much higher. I have them under a 1k watt metal halide bulb. I’ve noticed some branching starting to happen from the nodes which is a good sign and the nodes are very close to each other. I was just curious on the overall appearance of them because they seem very droopy and not perked ip like I’ve noticed from some chem dog I’ve grown in the past.

Wondering what could be the reason for this and if it’s ok or I should be worried. I also should note the way I’ve been watering them may have something to do with it but not sure. I had to go away for a week so I soak them all as much as I could and then filled the saucers they were in as full as I could so that they wouldn’t need to be watered. I did that late Thursday night and just got home today. They are still pretty saturated for the most part so I’m wondering if the droopiness is from overwatering? Anyways thanks for reading and any help or advice 🙂

R

Rab.C

Hulloo Jock!

Mate those plants look SUPER!!! It's possible at this stage of their life that there is a shortage of Calcium. But I don't think I 'd be doing anything to them until the leaves change colour and they begin curling.
OH, I get it ... your so (rightfully) proud of yr plant you've found another thread to put up a pic in. You Bragger! You Skite! You Scotsman!

hey teddybrae thanks bro remember my first run just checking to make sure my plants are ok they all smell amazing but 1 has no smell.have you ever tried a forfar bridie

Lokdog

Newbie needing help

Newbie needing help

Howdy!

Was wondering if you could help me with a problem.

I'm a newbie on my 1st grow.
Can't say it's been easy.

I have one girl who is growing nice although she is very spread out, (node space long and leaf stems long).
Here is the problem.

She grows new leaves that start wrinkly, then get little holes. They seem to heal up but then then new growth at the top the same thing happens.

I will try and post a pic or two. You may have to zoom in.

Thank you very much for your time and help!!

PEACE
LOVE
DOPE!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 24
R

Rab.C

hi there lokdog i am new here but if you give more info like what are you growing in
what feed are you using what temps humidty and what light are you using.how often are you feeding...i would start with a flush then feed again at a lower ec. hope you get it sorted Peace Rab