What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

Keefhead

sproutco - Thanks. I've received such great advice from several threads, as well as some learning from reading more. I'll be trying this ASAP, this afternoon.

snewbdogg

First Grow - on the Way to Recovery (hopefully)

First Grow - on the Way to Recovery (hopefully)

Im on my first grow, and I was lucky enough to get an O.G. kush plant. Unfortunately the time frame for picking up the plant fell on the same weekend I was gonna be out of town, so my financial backer and connect to the plant had to set it all up himself, though he knows far less than even I do. The plant was infested with spider mites when he got it, so I directed him to 1tokeovertheline's mite irradicator

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=270864#post270864

He didn't thoroughly read the directions, so he didn't cover the rockwool with plastic and it was absorbed by the roots. On top of this, 4-6 inches of roots were stuffed into the 1"x1"x1" hole on the top of the 4" rockwool cube and it was put in a 1200+ ppm solution without having soaked the rockwool overnight in ph adjusted water.

Needless to say, the plant was very unhappy looking when I got back in town. The first thing I did was dilute the nutrient solution to 7-800, then I soaked new rockwool cube in pH 5 water overnight, made the 1" hole on the top about 2 inches deeper, broke the rockwool I cut out into little chunks, and then transplanted the plant into the new cubes, using the rockwool chunks to surround the roots. Several days later it looked like this.

At first growth and recovery was slow, and it looked like it was barely hanging in there. About a week in I switched to the Lucas formula and from 24/7 to 20/4 added some GH subculture, and it seemed like
growth increased, but a lot of the new growth was very yellow.

Maybe this was due to letting the pH drift up to 6.5 and lowering the pH too much to 5, but since I was changing so many things at once, I thought I would go back the the original 3:2:1 GH grow/micro/bloom formula between 7-800 ppm, make sure the pH stayed between 5.5-6, and add cannazyme and scrap the subculture, which was beginning to smell a bit foul. I also cut off about 8 of the severely damaged leaves. Several days later it looked like this

There is a lot of new growth everywhere, but it is still yellowish. Here's a closeup

I'm thinking its an iron deficiency, but then again, what do I know? Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. We're running a 600HPS in an a/c modified hydrohut with temps between 70-75, flooding every 7 hrs during the lit period, and with a 10 hr gap when the lights go off for 4 hrs. So I'm basically feeding 3 times daily. Obviously we are running too big a setup for this one plant, but hopefully soon this plant will populate the tent. Thanks in advance!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
asianko, yes but not in the way you are thinking. If it was mine, and I wanted to keep it around, I'd take a cutting and re-veg that and then re-start the flowering process from a healthy plant.

Phat Bastard

Tiny Black bugs

Tiny Black bugs

My mother room is becoming infesed with very tiny black bugs on the bottom of the leaves a few are white maybe 10%. They are definately leafsuckers and the first bomb did not do the trick, I'm not certain what kind of bomb it was it looked like the pyretherum bomb but was alittle taller and 1/3rd the price @ 8.00 USD. What are they and what will kill them?

B

berryhill

Leaves/plant

Leaves/plant

Sensi Star, I'm growing in a soil mix, Promix BH, amended with bat guano, mushroom compost, blood meal, bone meal, dolomite lime... Been using this mix for some time, no problems. 2000 wats. H.P.S., Temps. 77 to 80 degrees F., Humid. 42 to 46%,CO2 1500 ppm. I have no idea what is causing this leaf discoloration. I'm in week4 of bloom. Please advise! Allways,on Berryhill

G

I'm about 4 weeks into 12/12 light cycle of this hyrdo project. Supposedly PH is 6.5 and tds levels are 1350. I don't trust either the test meters or the tester. overall temps are in the mid 70's. The picts are top & bottom of a leaf.

Next pict are of some seedlings I have in a 50/50 peat & perlite medium

this next pict is a closeup of that one yellow leaf.

Any Op's based on what little info and low quality picts would be appreciated.

t_chong

I have four healthy femaleplants under 400hps in soil, feed them with bio nova's pk (no nitrogen) and sometimes little amounts of vegferts to keep them green; probably already gave them their last nitrogen meal.. is that good or bad?? they've been flowering for umm maybe two weeks or so. Maybe i got myself a nutelock problem or sumthing. I give them once or twice a week PK, and according to the bottle i should be going with a 2 weekers amount, still somehow my greediness makes me give them the amount of a 3 weeker. I'll check the milligrams when I get home. Also, how do i increase the amount of resin? Actually i can't currently see any resin at all. Temps 27-29 celsius. Some lower leaves are turning yellow and dropping every day one by one. This is not bothering me, because i think it's just because the lower branches are getting energy to stretch further from the fanleaves. And the same lower fanleaves are getting barely light at all. So that's not concerning me.. But

Here's a closeup, sick flowering cola:

What do you think, is it bad or not? And yes, i know the fact that they've stretched like hell!

Also, I'm a bit frustrated because im moving at the end of next month. Will my gals mature on time?

Sorry to bother you all :wave:

Last edited:

laughing bandit

I'm in need of some help, i dont have a digit-cam so no pic's.
here is my probblem I start with healthy clones, lots of roots looks good feels good.
But then when i go to feed the damn things with in a week the main stems turns dark red to purple, this happens every time.
from there things get proggresivly worse growth either stops or slow down and then all kinds of funky shit starts to happen.
Some time some of them pulls through but in general they 20 out of thirty clones will go to shit on me .
this is very fustrating and i need to solve this probblem.

I'm useing a e&F system and the grow medium are the hydroton grow rock in 6 inch net baskets.
my nutrience is pure blend pro, I flood for 15 minutes every 3 hours on a 18/6 light schedual.
lights are t5 ranging from 200 to 4oo watts.
I have played with differant ph level ranging from 5.0 to 6.5, but cant find a target level that right for these plant actually any plants that I have.
once I get tge damn things to atlease a foot or two I have no probblem but i just cant seem to get them there most of the time.
Is my probblem PH or is it some thing else??

Help!!!!

antarchy

Ok here you go. My dad grew this in some dried mud neglectfully. It has the usual yellowing leaves and leaf drooping (I'm watering for him now so no worry about drooping) and thes brown spots on the leaves. What's with the brown spots? I think I have seen it before but I don't remember what they did about it or what caused it.

getafix

Hi guys,

Please help. This is my first grow under lights, and these plants have just been moved in after their first few weeks in the sun. The leaves seem to be curling up... :frown:

They are Malawi Gold and MOD surprise under a 250 HPS bulb. I tried moving the lights higher, about 50cm from the plants but the leaves keep on curling up like this. Is it the heat? The leaves are also a bit too green (excess N?) and there are some red/brown spots on the bottom leaves.

What are the right distance for the plants from a 250W bulb?

Ciao

One of my plants has this spreading onto the leaves, with the upper leaves worse then the lower. The bottom of the leaf is beginning to show signs as well.

What is it???

G

I also have something going on with my leaf also. What is causing this?

:badday:

Caligrown

OK here's one for you guys...I think I know the problem now but I definitly want to see what you all think....

Specs...

Strain - Mostly indica/sativa clones
Age - 6 weeks from cut
Temps- 65/75
Humidity - 40% lights on/60% lights off
Medium - 50/50 Perlite and Atami B-cuzz coco dust
Water - tap 100 ppm(hanna meter)
Watering frequency - Daily/hand
Nutes -400-500 ppm of PBP grow
Additives - B-cuzz root, Superthrive, Mychorrizae, Voodoo Juice, Rhizotonic.
PH - 5.5-6.0
Watts - 1000w Solarmax at 48 inches from tops
Light schedule - 18/6
Air - circulating fans 24/7

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
You over feed them.
Crispy Critters, sitting in beer cups since when?
Water everyday should not be needed, seems you also fed them everyday?

" Additives - B-cuzz root, Superthrive, Mychorrizae, Voodoo Juice, Rhizotonic "
How much Superthrive did you add?

you have 600 PPM to start then you add all that stuff it must be much higher.

What do you think is the problem?

Sin

logrythm

Sick friends

Sick friends

Hi all

My first post :wave:

As you can see I have a little prob.

This has come and gone half a dozen times or more.
It hasn't killed many plants though it does extend the time before flowering as I have to wait for it to recover.

It takes about 2-3 weeks to get like this and the same roughly to recover.
They are all my clones, sorry I have no idea what variety they are, it does not seem to occur at any particular stage or time either.

I have just recently increased their pot sizes across the board (I use three stages of pot size; clone, grow and flower) thinking that they may have been a little cramped. Until doing this I have done nothing out of the ordinary to correct this prob. I've usually had enough healthy ones to go on with :joint:

I have a very minimal setup.
Just a humidicrib with bottom heat that is off to one side of a 400w HPS.
I clone the mothers, they go into humidicrib in pots of coco peat, i use filtered water at this point.
They strike, I put em below the light in the tray with mum and they grow.
Not every time obviously :-(

About 30% on average are going like this. Most of the time none but sometimes nearly all. The mother too. I have two varieties and both suffer equally.

I found this:

The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles!

Which is *excellent*.
My eyes got a bit blurry and some of the yellowing leaves started to look alike but I think the iron deficiency photos seem closest to mine.
Would you guys agree?

I use the cheapest nutrients, just the 2 in 1 stuff. Always have and without this prob. Pests and disease were my probs before, I seem to have them beat these days though.

If I put them outside they recover well.
I only flower them outside by the way.
My thing is to propagate/vegetate inside all year round and place them out when they are ideally about 7-9 weeks old or about 30 cm. Which ever comes first ;-)
The ones pictured would normally be placed out at that point, they will be anyway, they'll just take 3 weeks to recover :-(
They then can do this:

Aside from this my main push is with annually seeded in-situ plants anyway and the clones fill in the gap(s).

I hope I haven't rambled too much!
Can anyone help me identify the deficiency or disease these have?

TIA

Cheers
logrythm

L

lil dro

what can i do for root rot
it not that bad yet still in veg there in hydro

logrythm

lil dro said:
what can i do for root rot
it not that bad yet still in veg there in hydro
Are they too wet maybe?