What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

jaydog

My mother room is becoming infesed with very tiny black bugs on the bottom of the leaves a few are white maybe 10%. They are definately leafsuckers and the first bomb did not do the trick, I'm not certain what kind of bomb it was it looked like the pyretherum bomb but was alittle taller and 1/3rd the price @ 8.00 USD. What are they and what will kill them?
phat bastard, Do you have white specks on top of your leafs ? If so you have spider mites.There are a lot of different products to kill or control these little bastards, but pyrethren is not the most efective . I sugest a product called azatrol it is organic and it works. PH your mixing water to a 0.6 and mix according to directions,spray the bottoms and tops of every leaf. Repeat in 3-5 days and mix a new batch because it goes bad after 24 hours .The mites wont die instantly but the azetrol is an anti feedant and it disrupts there lifecycle ,they will all die within a few days. Keep a close watch for mites in the future and dose theme again if you spot any. good luck. Jaydog

Devan Delrey

Leaf Issues

Leaf Issues

Hi, I would like some help with this leaf issue. This is a Chem Dawg strain , in it's 4th week of flower. I am using bio bizz neuts and was using Cal Mag as supplement for my RO water. My pH was at 6.0 ,neutrient solution, and I recently bumped it up to 6.5. I'm growing in soil. A 600 watt light is being used for flower and a T5 for veg. I do spray with neem however not after the 2nd week of flower. I'm in a passive air situation as far as my closet goes. Whatever the temps and humidity are in my house is what it is in my closet, pretty much. Trying to think what else I could provide to help. Here are some pics. Let me know what you think. Thanks.http://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment....ent.php?attachmentid=45600&stc=1&d=1266425231

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 21

jonnypp22

wats up fellas ? here it goes... new. first time grow,first q.. asked- I got curling leaves and i think its ph? temp -76 humid-40 great vent good air intake. soil. I have flushed, and the run off ph is 5.5(if that helps)my res ph is 6.5 my siol ph is 7??? help me out fellas.. had some little white flie(afids?) got some traps and foged the room(dr doom ) ( is foging recomended) HELP alredy lost a few they just didnt mature enough(light airy buds) sencond batch looking better but they r a month into it(bud )and my last batch started(spoty like paint spatter,curling leaves, and dryingout) around 6 weeks into bud ...Q'S AND A'S PLEASE. AND GO EASY ON ME GUYS

W

W.P.

Hello. I've been having issues with curling leaves and now even some browning taking place. Strains are 'lollypop' and 'white widow.' Grow room is indoors. Temps do not exceed 85 and stay above 75 fahrenheit. Plants are rooted in perlite, 5 gallon smart pots. They are on pallettes so they don't sit in the drained water/nutrient. Drainage is relatively swift in perlite but not immediate. I've had very good luck with perlite as it allows the roots to uptake nutrient but also allows them to breathe before next feeding. A timer controls their feeding at about 35 seconds every 8 hours. I've been flushing the plants every couple weeks with clearex http://www.planetnatural.com/site/clearex.html. Plants have shown instant happiness after each flush. I'm using House and Garden brand nutrient - pretty expensive, high quality stuff. Have had good results so far and have witnessed excellent, perhaps amazing, results in other grow rooms. I keep my nutrient mix at 5.8 to 6.0pH and PPM has been upped every couple weeks starting at around 850, then 950. I'm at the end of week 5 of bloom stage and PPM is around 1100.

A couple weeks ago leaves at the top began curling inward and twisting around. I was hoping they just needed another flush and gave it a try. They responded a little as the twisting reversed itself but the inward curling remained (see pics). I thought maybe they weren't getting enough magnesium so I mixed an epsom salt solution and added that to the nutrient. I also raised the lights since they seemed a little close to the top and only the top leaves seem to be affected. I also noticed some of the top leaves further down are beginning to curl but they're definitely far enough away from the bulb that there's no way they're getting burned.

Bulbs are 1000w sodium. Tallest plant is 4'4" and distance from bulb to tallest buds approximately 20". Not having any problems with pests right now. I have a strong exhaust fan so humidity isn't an issue. Not sure what else to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments: 1st two pics are lollypop. 3rd is a widow. 4th is a lollypop bud towards the middle of the plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Man I hope you find the cure cause it looks like half of these "infirmary" picts are related and NO ONE has an answer......

S

scaryharry

Nirvana Aurora Indica In TROUBLE HELP!!!!

Nirvana Aurora Indica In TROUBLE HELP!!!!

This is my Aurora Indica. It was grown 12/12 from seed probably been about 4 weeks since it started flowering. It is grown in Sunshines # 1 mix. I'm guessing some sort of lockout, phosphorous? Leaves are now starting to fall off after yellowing. Stemps and leaves turning purple red as well. I hand water with tap water. we have a water softener as well. I fed with Neptunes 2-3-1 in the first weeks of flowering. I dont know pH as I dont have a test kit. It is in a PC grow case right now under 3 26w 2700k bulbs. I have flushed once and fed with 1/4 strength of neptunes 2-4-1. It has been a week since the flush and doesnt seem to be getting any better. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

J

JohnGault

Probably too late to help, but I've heard that softened water can do some serious damage to plants. Try some other water source like bottled, or non softened filtered water. R/O water would be best, of course.

JG

Gold123

Probably too late to help, but I've heard that softened water can do some serious damage to plants. Try some other water source like bottled, or non softened filtered water. R/O water would be best, of course.

JG

Sound correct to me water softeners add salts to the h2o. I have a friend with a softener and he uses bottled h2o

slmndl

Help for physically injured stem

Help for physically injured stem

This is a serious question. Sorry no picture. We damaged our seedling's stem physically and then scotch taped it. Its connected from its leaves to the bottom stem with roots by a thin brown strand and is still growing. I'm spraying the leaves with a mild nutrient solution (made for applying to leaves and soil). Can it possibly survive???? It's only about 1 1/2 in tall but seems to be adding leaves daily! Thank you

Cool Moe

Veteran
Plants were put from short veg to outdoors on Feb 1 but they only started throwing pistils about 3-4 weeks ago. Medium is organic soil mix w/ Earth Juice nutes. Some of the larger fan leaves are turning yellow. Seems early for this to be happening, any ideas what is up?

I'd presume over watering or to small of a pot, the leafs don't always rot at the tips or sides when over watered. It's goofy, some strains get a 'burn' that is just a cell death at the sides then others get that at the tips and some just turn yellow.

I noticed some of my larger shrubs have yellowing on the bottom two leafs, happening fast. It looked like they needed feed today, it sure didn't look like over-watering happening so much after a watering...yet sometimes it takes time, mysterious plants. Going into flowering Saturday, so way to early for that stuff to go on. They are getting way to huge for their tiny CFL's, I think if I can keep their health up or even improve on some then it should be something. I'd really like to see those two lower leafs green back up, heal my Bubba which has a thick stem and so slow at veg.

Cool Moe

Veteran
have several strains going, some in smart pots, some in plastic, seeing yellowing on larger fan leaves in all of them...don't think it's overwatering, they seem dry when they get fed. All have at least 4-6 weeks til finish. Could be a nitrogen deficiency, I backed off the grow to a small amount but maybe they need more still?

CyCloner

HELP! All my plants showing same nute deficiency

HELP! All my plants showing same nute deficiency

Hi, can anyone tell me what this deficiency is and how to correct it. New growth is turning yellow at the base of the leaves, working outwards towards the tips. Leaves are narrower and appear to have ridges. Bud sites are also affected... see pics below. Thanks for taking the time to review my situation.

DSCN0344.jpg

DSCN0337.jpg

watson540

kerlito you need to post some stats on what your using.

meanwhile can anyone help with this one im using gh 3 part 3-2-1 in bcuzz coco and canna coco separately and it seems to be happening to both. my ph is 6 with water at room temps. no more then 5 to 600 ppm ive done this before with the same strain of hindu and got beautiful results but now not sure what the hell is going on.
/Users/nicholasstenberg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Ipod Jan3/IMG_0270.JPG
/Users/nicholasstenberg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Ipod Jan3/IMG_0271.JPG
/Users/nicholasstenberg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Ipod Jan3/IMG_0272.JPG

wow dude biggest fail in all of icmag right there

sirsmokesallot1

yellowing of big fan leaves seems to possibly started at bottom of plant but is only on big fan leaves on outside of plant....it is in flowering and has been for maybe five weeks and dont think i have been over watereing because i water daily and its always bone dry each day before....i have never flushed soil....im using fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom and snow storm ultra and ajust my ph of my water with a ph up and down chem kit....also one more thing i dont know if is important but the water i use is city water that is soft from water softner is that bad or a problem? im in debate with friend who says using the water purifier jug that is for drinking water is the exact same thing as reverse osmosis system...if anyone can please tell me some things i should do during late flowering i would appreciate it thanks

Gold123

yellowing of big fan leaves seems to possibly started at bottom of plant but is only on big fan leaves on outside of plant....it is in flowering and has been for maybe five weeks and dont think i have been over watereing because i water daily and its always bone dry each day before....i have never flushed soil....im using fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom and snow storm ultra and ajust my ph of my water with a ph up and down chem kit....also one more thing i dont know if is important but the water i use is city water that is soft from water softner is that bad or a problem? im in debate with friend who says using the water purifier jug that is for drinking water is the exact same thing as reverse osmosis system...if anyone can please tell me some things i should do during late flowering i would appreciate it thanks

A filter jug is just that a filter, reverse osmosis forces the water through micron size holes(molecular size) removing everything
Water softeners add salt to the water, never use water softened water for plants, ever! City water is fine but remove the chlorine. Depends if your city uses chlorine gas or chloramines on how to get rid of it. With gas letting it sit a day or 2 will work, chloramines use 1oz hydrogen peroxide/ gal h2o. agitate it well. The filter jug will do the same, it probably has an activated carbon element.

Now, yellowing well into flower is normal, pluck them off and by the end they will even start to die off. Think of the plants out side as winter approaches, your plants are at the end of autumn
Daily watering seems that your pots are too small or it's way too hot in there. Too late to transplant but if it's too hot or low humidity adjust accordingly.
Considering you got this far on that water means it didn't hurt them too bad. Good water may give you a large boost, I'd lower the concentration of nuts if you do until you know they are alright, there may be a big up-take, be careful not to burn them.

rchrdthgrt

the leafs on my plant are turning yellow and have some brown spots on them. what could this be? also she is in the 4th week of rejuvinating. all her buds are looking good lots of tricoms, do i have to turn the light back to 12/12 to finish her? will she be more potinent that way? this is my first time rejuvinating...

rchrdthgrt

i'm rejuvinating for the first time and i was wondering if it is necesary to turn the light back to 12/12. the reason i'm asking is because she is in the 4th week of 20/4 lighting and she is reveging and flowering, her buds are looking good lots of tricoms.is she less potenant now. also her leafs are turning yellow with some brown spots aswell, buds are uneffected though..