What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Cool. Actually they should be done by now, had they not faced light pollution during 4 nights in a row at week 5 of 12/12 hence delaying the ripeness time. Ideally some might require 10 days more, but I need place for the new seedlings, so won't go beyond 7 days. 4im just a bit worried that 7 days might be a little short for the plant to absorb all the water that will remain after flush AND getting dry enough to stimulate the resin production. Hmm, wait & see...

Thanks for the help & tips jay ! :wave:

Irie !

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
I confirm that there is no mold at all anywhere. So, most probably too much ferts as I thought first. But flushing might be risky as it will rise the humidity in the grow room to 90% if not more. I can only hope that by harvest time, the excess will have been fully processed by the plants !

Irie !

eleven11

Hello. I've been having issues with curling leaves and now even some browning taking place. Strains are 'lollypop' and 'white widow.' Grow room is indoors. Temps do not exceed 85 and stay above 75 fahrenheit. Plants are rooted in perlite, 5 gallon smart pots. They are on pallettes so they don't sit in the drained water/nutrient. Drainage is relatively swift in perlite but not immediate. I've had very good luck with perlite as it allows the roots to uptake nutrient but also allows them to breathe before next feeding. A timer controls their feeding at about 35 seconds every 8 hours. I've been flushing the plants every couple weeks with clearex http://www.planetnatural.com/site/clearex.html. Plants have shown instant happiness after each flush. I'm using House and Garden brand nutrient - pretty expensive, high quality stuff. Have had good results so far and have witnessed excellent, perhaps amazing, results in other grow rooms. I keep my nutrient mix at 5.8 to 6.0pH and PPM has been upped every couple weeks starting at around 850, then 950. I'm at the end of week 5 of bloom stage and PPM is around 1100.

A couple weeks ago leaves at the top began curling inward and twisting around. I was hoping they just needed another flush and gave it a try. They responded a little as the twisting reversed itself but the inward curling remained (see pics). I thought maybe they weren't getting enough magnesium so I mixed an epsom salt solution and added that to the nutrient. I also raised the lights since they seemed a little close to the top and only the top leaves seem to be affected. I also noticed some of the top leaves further down are beginning to curl but they're definitely far enough away from the bulb that there's no way they're getting burned.

Bulbs are 1000w sodium. Tallest plant is 4'4" and distance from bulb to tallest buds approximately 20". Not having any problems with pests right now. I have a strong exhaust fan so humidity isn't an issue. Not sure what else to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments: 1st two pics are lollypop. 3rd is a widow. 4th is a lollypop bud towards the middle of the plant.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

T

themoonismyfrnd

I posted this elsewhere, but due to the lack of pics, I think it's getting over looked. Thought I'd try here. I posted:

I started some Afghani seeds that are at 28 days from the day I started germinating. Had some PH issues at first, but have cleared all of it up.

I am growing in a mix that consists of EWC, Guano, MG Organic Choice Potting soil, and lime. There is also mycorrhize in the soil, or was put there when putting the sprout in.

I have only given them a real water once and that has seemed fine with some light foliar feeding. They are on a 18/6 schedule.

I have 4 of these and plan on using Fox Farm tri-nute line-up on two and the General Organics line on the other two. I haven't given the plants any nutes aside from what was in the soil when I mixed it and I followed the ratios provided by an experienced grower, but I ph'ucked up by adding too much lime. That has been fixed.

My plants had PH issues, so I understand that they are growing a bit slower, but they seem to be really short at 4 weeks. They are about 3" tall and about 18" away from my 400 watt MH Sun System 2. Temps range from 75-80 during the day, but have dipped to 65-62 at night. Humidity is at 40% but I bought a humidifier today. All this is in a 4x2x5 grow tent. Soil PH is at 6.8-7.0.

The yellowing was from the PH lockout and has since stopped. As of today temps were 75 with RH at 55%.

Please help. :thanks:
user_online.gif
progress.gif

eleven11

themoon: are you using straight soil or a blend? how dry does the soil become before feeding/watering? what pH did you have when you experienced lockout?

based on your info they should have plenty of light but are they getting nitrogen? I guess if they have a good solid shade of green without yellowing then they are. I'm also curious about your pH because my experience shows that a pH around 6.0 is where you want to be. 5.8 is supposed to be ideal. I haven't used straight soil, though. I only use perlite or sometimes a blend. also you might want to bring the temps up between 70 and 85. cold temps can slow them down.

hope this helps

T

themoonismyfrnd

themoon: are you using straight soil or a blend? how dry does the soil become before feeding/watering? what pH did you have when you experienced lockout?

based on your info they should have plenty of light but are they getting nitrogen? I guess if they have a good solid shade of green without yellowing then they are. I'm also curious about your pH because my experience shows that a pH around 6.0 is where you want to be. 5.8 is supposed to be ideal. I haven't used straight soil, though. I only use perlite or sometimes a blend. also you might want to bring the temps up between 70 and 85. cold temps can slow them down.

hope this helps

The soil has at least 50% perilite/vermiculite. I had guano in the mix and EWC for nitrogen. The soil becomes really dry on top, but not on the bottom. I had them in 6" pots too early.

My soil PH is about 7.0. I was told that 6.2-6.8 is ideal for soil, but I don't know. They just seem small for their age. I have G.O. nutes I will be using on their schedule. Actually FF nutes on 2 and GO nutes on 2. I experienced lockout at 8.0 PH.

PS- They are in 6" pots right now, but I thought that when I move up to sizes I want to use coco. Would this be possible? I can get more soil mix at the hydro shop. I'm going to start running half coco, half soil mixes. Also, all vegan soil mixes and nute lines.

Chronic777

Anyone know what this could be?

It came after a second big feed, so im thinking its gotta be nute related, perhaps macronute toxicity?

When i was watering before with just water the plants were fine so i dont think its PH related( although i did get the odd yellow spot & slight interveinal yellowing) but i dont have the means to test my water PH yet

Attachments

• ???.jpg
    ???.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 24

eleven11

themoon: Okay you mean soil pH. I only check the pH of my water/nutrient mix. Since I don't use soil, I can't really speak to that. I have not tried those nutrient brands yet, but I'm sure most of them do fine and most of them might require some augmentation, i.e. adding some magnesium or giving a periodic flush to get rid of salt buildup. I'm not sure what coco is but I'm guessing it's a medium. I think a lot of this is trial and hopefully success to see what works for you. I have narrowed things down quite a bit and am sticking to a system with relatively expensive nutrients. I had sticker shock at first but I'm finding the pain of dealing with lower quality nutrients and sick plant diagnosis is not worth it. I think your best bet is to stick with a plan and document your success and failures so you can narrow down what works best. It also helps me to only use clones, no seeds, and stick to one strain (though I sometimes break that last rule). Based on what you describe your only problem is that they're growing slowly. My best guess here is your growroom temperature dips too low when the light is off. If your plants are otherwise hearty looking and green you're probably doing fine. If the roots are busting out all over the place then the plant should be in a larger pot to help it grow. I purposely keep one or two mothers around in plastic cups and I'm able to keep the plants smaller that way. Sorry if this is all ridiculously obvious advice for you, I just try to cover the basics unless I can pinpoint something specific.

eleven11

chronic777: I've never encountered that specific type of necrotic patch. It might help to post some more information about your setup. I can only guess you have some nutrient burn happening. Do you have a way of checking PPM (parts per million)? The size of your plants and your growing medium should dictate a general PPM window. I would highly recommend a digital pH meter / PPM meter combo. I know it can be expensive, though, if you can't get one then you might want to scale back a little, i.e. if the bottle says add one cup, maybe add 3/4 instead. I've found many nutrient brands suggest a concentration that ends up being too high for my plants. Is that ironic?

kerlito

"Tibet freedom"
Veteran
what do u think?

what do u think?

i don´t know what it´s wrong with this one, she grow up like the look she have right now

Sir D

hindu gone wrong

hindu gone wrong

kerlito you need to post some stats on what your using.

meanwhile can anyone help with this one im using gh 3 part 3-2-1 in bcuzz coco and canna coco separately and it seems to be happening to both. my ph is 6 with water at room temps. no more then 5 to 600 ppm ive done this before with the same strain of hindu and got beautiful results but now not sure what the hell is going on.
/Users/nicholasstenberg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Ipod Jan3/IMG_0270.JPG
/Users/nicholasstenberg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Ipod Jan3/IMG_0271.JPG
/Users/nicholasstenberg/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Ipod Jan3/IMG_0272.JPG

yummybolt

Sick Plants in COCO

Sick Plants in COCO

1. How long has this problem been going on?
a. 10-14 Days
2. What STRAIN are you growing?
a. O.G. Kush
3. What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)
a. Clone
4. What is the age of your plants?
a. 60 Days
5. How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?
a. 4 weeks
6. How Tall are the plants?
a. 8-14 inches
7. What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
a. Vegatative
8. What Technique are you using?
a. Soil-Hydro
9. What size pots are you using?
a. 5 gal and 7 gal
10. What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?) What Nutrient's are you using?
a. 85% Canna Coco
b. 10% Hydrotin
c. 5% Perlite
d. Nutrients (Per 32 gallon Reservoir)
i. Coco A & B - 305 ml
ii. Rhizotonic – 244 ml
iii. Cannazyme – 305ml
11. How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? How often are you feeding?
12. What order are you mixing your nutrients
a. 1) CoCo A & B 2) Rhizotonic 3) Cannazyme
13. What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?
a. E.C. – 1.5
14. What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?
a. 6.4
15. What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
a. P.H. Pen
16. How often are you watering?
a. Every other day
17. When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?
a. 1/2/2010
b. Every other day
18. What size bulb are you using?
a. 1000 HPS
19. What is the distance to the canopy?
a. 3 ft
20. What is your RH Factor?
a. 56% (low) - 78% (high)
21. What is the canopy temperature?
a. 82 degrees Fahrenheit
22. What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)
a. 73 – 84 degrees fahrenheit
23. What is the current Air Flow? Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
a. Light ventilation, oscillating fan blowing directly at plants
24. Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?
a. Yes, Moist
25. Is your water HARD or SOFT?
a. Hard
26. What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
a. Tap Water
27. Are you using water from a water softener?
a. No
28. Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?
a. Pruned and Pinched. Never Cloned
29. Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?
a. Neemoil
i. Once a week for last two weeks (twice)
ii. Serenade – disease control
iii. Organicide
30. Are plant's infected with pest's?
a. Most likely not.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 21
Well I've been battling several issues from the beginning. In an outdoor shed and now it's bloody 25F outside. Had to add a small space heater. Initially it got down to 55F for a couple days before I added the heater now the heater stay on using a thermostat so the room temp is around 80F and the soil temp stays right around 70F.

Had the lights on 18/6 now on 24.

I know my soil is screwed and I've ordered some coir to try that. But I'm just wondering if these are worth messing with. These are 5 weeks and terribly stunted IMO. Also, do these PH meters work? Just put a straight tepid rain water flush on these so they do look over watered but you can see issues with the leaves. One actually brittle yellow spots with holes. The other has tips yellowing/browning.

Soil is 25% perlite, 50% MG Organic and 25% manure. I know. WTF was I thinking. So the runoff of the water is basically the same 7.

Feel like I seriously wasted some time with these. 5 weeks and they should be ready to flower. Sorry if I'm rambling.

Strain of Mj? Bagseed
Hydroponic or soil? Soil
From seed or clone? Seed
Age of plant in question? 5 weeks
What stage (Veg/Flower; how many days into)? 5 weeks Veg
Medium (Soil, Rockwool, Hydroton etc.)? Soil
Container/Pot size? 3gal and 1gal
Have they been transplanted, if so how long ago? 3 gallon plants transplanted a week ago but were stunted in 1gal pot
If soil, composition ratios (peat moss, perilite, vermiculite etc.)? 25% perlite, 50% MG Organic, 25% manure
Water runoff Ph? 7
Nutrients added? MG 50% strength per manufacturers instructions
Ratios of nutrients (N% P% K%)?
Feeding schedule? Run to waste every 3-4 days. Use moisture meter to determine
When were they last fed/watered? yesterday
How are you determining when to feed/water (weight, wilting, etc.)? Meter/ Leaves
TDS/EC/PPM?
Tap/RO/Distilled water? Rain
Ph before and after adding nutrients? Seems the same
Is your Ph equipment properly calibrated? Probably not. Store bought. Cheap
Light intensity/Age of bulb/Wattage? 400W HPS, 1 year old
Distance to the canopy? 14"
Temps at canopy? 80F
Temps at root zone or reservoir? 70F
Day/Night temps (Min.-Max.)? 85F-60F
Current air flow (CFM)?Low due to cold temps. 40cfm?
Is there air blowing directly onto plant? Yes
Using CO2? No
Relative humidity? 40%
Growing technique (Scrog, Sog, Supercropping etc.)? Some topped
Has plant recently been pruned, clones taken, fimmed or pinched? Two were topped a couple weeks back
Pests? No
dscf0013i.jpg
dscf0013i.jpg

dscf0014d.jpg

dscf0013i.jpg

dscf0014d.jpg

dscf0016i.jpg

dscf0014d.jpg
dscf0016i.jpg

dscf0016i.jpg

nooob

:dunno::dunno:
deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted
deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted
deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted deleted

dman16

need some help with this girl. Bought her looking decent now looks pretty pathetic. Her leaves first drooped big time and then some leaves got crispy and i did a little pruning 2 days ago. I also transplanted 3 days ago to the current pot from soil and it had somewhat decent white roots (nothing like my other plants though).
Im scared to feed it anything until its roots establish a little better, its in CANNA coco with perlite (70/30 roughly) and was fed a 300ppm 6ph solution yesterday of a little canna a+b, cal mag+ as well as a decent dose of rhizo. Ive also been spraying it with a 7ph foliar spray with just RO water and rhizo in hopes of boosting some root development. Any advice is greatly appreciated i really wanna save her
dsc01169h.jpg

tjann

Hey, Dman.
I think the cause of this curling could be due the distance of your light source. How far away from the "sun" is the plant?? And again, what are the temperatures in the height of new growth? I think it could be too hot for her there???
Greetings

200 posts, 15 pages, 100s of problems & maybe 5 solutions......i wish there was a designated moderator to help all of us. I'd list my issue, but it has been addressed thricely already. hope you all get answers soon, so i can too!!!

Sevenjacks

LOST 9 OVER THE WEEKEND. NEED HELP!

LOST 9 OVER THE WEEKEND. NEED HELP!

Ok so changed My res. H20 on Tuesday..Was having a problem getting my PH down . It wanted to stay @ 7.+, I added some sodawater to the res. and thought i had it ok. I went to Tahoe for the weekend ..Had someone kinda plantsitting. anyway .the PH shot back up ..and two days later...
imagejpeg950.jpg

Now .i am also flowering some in buckets and a DWC res. in the same room. Those are all fine. Its my Aero Res.

before..
IMG00135-20100120-0800.jpg

Strain of Mj? Blue Dream/ LA Con and OGK
Hydroponic or soil? Hydro.. Aero Fence post..
From seed or clone? Clones
Age of plant in question? 8 weeks
What stage (Veg/Flower; how many days into)?
3rd week Flower
Medium (Soil, Rockwool, Hydroton etc.)? Hydroton
Have they been transplanted, if so how long ago? yes from DWC 3 weeks ago

Nutrients added? )? Advanced Sensi A B. Sensizyme, b52, Bud ignitor, Bud Candy..
Feeding schedule?
When were they last fed/watered?
How are you determining when to feed/water (weight, wilting, etc.)?
TDS/EC/PPM? 1250
Tap/RO/Distilled water? RO
Ph before and after adding nutrients? i try to keep at 5.6
Is your Ph equipment properly calibrated? yes
Light intensity/Age of bulb/Wattage? 1200 watt HPS/600wattMH
Temps at canopy ?83 f
Temps at root zone or reservoir? 77F
Day/Night temps (Min.-Max.)? 83f -70f
Current air flow (CFM)? unsure
Is there air blowing directly onto plant? Yes
Using CO2? yes
Relative humidity? 33-40%
Growing technique (Scrog, Sog, Supercropping etc.)? Aero
Has plant recently been pruned, clones taken, fimmed or pinched? Topped them two days before the h20 change in question.
Pests? was treating with Organicide for root gnats.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts