Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disintegrating leaf

Plants are in 3.5 gal coco+perlite bags. Hand watering using GH nutes run to waste. There are 12 plants on a 4x4 table, 3 of the plants are having this problem the other 9 look great. I have searched and searched for pests on the plants and I can't find any. THe problem started when I noticed that the new growth had taken on a wrinkled and gnarly look. The next day I noticed some of the leaves look like the photo. the leaf looks like it is disintegrating instead of being eaten by a bug. I've working with the same Purple Urkle strain for several years using the same nutrient formula and technique in the same grow room with great results. After I noticed the problem I watered the plants with 6.0pH water and clearex. I went ahead and set off a pyrethium bomb for good measure too. I did run my sulfur burner a few nights before I flipped.

How long has this problem been going on?
    About 5 or 6 days

What STRAIN are you growing?
    Purple Urkle!

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)
    Clone.

What is the age of your plants?
    2 months from cutting of the clone.

How Tall are the plants?
    28-34"

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
    3 days into flowering when I noticed the new growth had that gnarled and wrinkly look to it. Then the older leaves started looking like the photo. It looks like something

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)
    3.5 gal

What Nutrient's are you using?How much of each with how much water? How Often? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
    GH 3 part 1/1/1 transition formula with botanicare cal-mag, silica blast, supplements. Formulation is at americanagritech website.
    1250ppm with a 5.8pH reservoir temp is 60F.

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
    pH pen plus indicator drops and vial.javascript:void(0)

How often are you watering?
    as needed, run to waste.

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?
    Hand Watering as needed.

What size bulb are you using?
    1000w HPS

What is the distance to the canopy?
    16"

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)
    ~65%

What is the canopy temperature?
    80 F

Are plant's infected with pest's?
    I can't find any pests. It really looks more like the leaf is disintegrating between the veins.
    Last edited by Holden Oversoul; 10-31-2008, 21:21. Reason: i can now add the photo to my post

Comment

Toxic Co2 levels? I think

I made my own thread about this issue but I might get more traffic here.

Slight yellowing under fluro's withe temps too low (60's).
      Way to long in keg cups (over a month).
      *Extremely high co2 levels due to a faulty controller (ppm3), and guessing with timer after being transplanted into 3 gal, and moved into flowering room 3kw sealed, lights 3-4 feet away.
      rapid yellowing, and signs of almost every nute deficiency since the move/ co2 incident.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=105157

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=105157

I'd like to know if anyone agrees with me that co2 is the main problem. and what to do about it until my new controller comes in.
      Thanks

Comment

Medic!

I'm doing a rubbermaid grow, FFOF with biobizz bloom and grow, 4 clones of hindu kush. We're like a week in to flowering so less than a month from putting them under the lights.
        So yesterday my tallest plant starts wilting, not the entire thing-- nay, it's doing fine everywhere but 2 leaves near the top which turned all nasty with no warning. Should I just hack them off and be done with it? I thought it might be underwatering and I fed the plants this morning, but if the entire leaf is curled, sagging and brownish is there no hope? This plant has been a star specimen since day one, a sturdy green stem (the others are rather red). It's pretty close to the top of my setup, and I don't think it's light burn, as the leaves almost touching the lights (cfl) are fine.
        I know i have some calcium deficiency in another plant and will be giving them some cal-mag pretty soon, but I could not find a visual facsimile of this in the main sickness thread so I turn to the forums...

Oh, and it's been damn cold here and they aren't getting much ventilation, as the lights are a good source of warmth, at least unventilated. I did put the fan on for a day a few days ago, could this wilting be a cold shock thing? should I be putting blankets over them at night?

Thanks

Comment

Sick Hawaiian Snow

Hawaiian Snow difficulties

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What STRAIN are you growing?...................... .................... ..............Hawaiian Snow Feminized (Greenhouse)
          What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)....................... ........Rapid Rooter with hydroton in a DWC
          What is the age of your plants?....................... .................... ........... 5 weeks old, plants are 20" tall due to LST
          What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower)....................... ..................just switched to 12/12
          What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc).......................... ............Scrog/DWC/Lucas formula
          What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)....................4 gallon pots
          What substrate/medium are you using? (percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)....Hydroto n & Rapid rooters
          What Nutrient's are you using? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*..................Gene ral Hydroponics Micro and Floro/super thrive/Dark energy
          What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?......................... .............900
          What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?......................... .................... .......5.7
          What method of pH test was administered?................. .................... .......meter
          When was your last water?........................ .................... ............... yesterday top off
          When was your last feeding?...................... .................... ...............
          What size bulb are you using?........................ .................... ...........400w HPS
          What is the distance to the canopy?....................... .................... ...... 20"-24”
          What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)..................... .................... 22%
          What is the canopy temperature?.................. .................... ...............70f
          What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)........................ .....70f-75f/55f-65f
          Res. Temp.=60f-65f
          What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)......................... ...................one rotating fan....door open with lights on.
          Is the fan blowing directly at plants?....................... .................... ...yes
          Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?........................ ..............yes-DWC
          Is your water HARD or SOFT?......................... .................... ............Distilled
          Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?...................... ............Have removed some of the leaves that died due to whatever the issue is
          Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?......................... ....no
          Are plant's infected with pest's? .............................. .................... no

Strange issues. Leaves grow well at first , then begin to curl upwards along the length of the leaf and the tips turn yellow and curl upwards. Eventually, necrosis sets in and the leaf dies and crumbles to the touch. I thought it heat related due to the HPS, but have grown varieties such as C-99 with not such issues and the 99 was close to the light.

Comment

micro def? ph problems?

What's wrong with my plant?

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?

2 weeks

What STRAIN are you growing?

bag seed

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)

seed

What is the age of your plants?

~7 weeks

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?

~3 weeks

How Tall are the plants?

13 inches

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?

22 days in flower

What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)

LST

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)

1 plant in a 1 gal pot

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)

Scott's Topsoil 30%
            Black Kow Composted Cow Manure 30%
            Perlite 30%
            Peat 10%
            Lime 2 to 3 tsp per gal of soil

What Nutrient's are you using?

GH Flora 3 Part Grow, Micro, Bloom
            CalMag+

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*

GH Flora 3 part with the same ratios as the chart for veg (3:2:1) and CalMag+, a transition in the first three weeks of flower from the veg nutes to Lucas(2:3 micro:bloom) and CalMag+.

How often are you feeding?

once a week

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?

2nd and 3rd week transition from 2:2:2 GMB to 2:3 MB

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)

Micro, Grow (if used) Bloom, CalMag+, GH PH up

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?

I start about 200ppm the third week of veg from seed and I end up with about 900ppm prior to flush.

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?

1st week 6.95ph
            2nd week 7.15ph
            3rd week 6.9ph
            4th week 6.75

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?

Hannah Checker

How often are you watering?

every 4th day

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?

Jan 11, ~once per week

What size bulb are you using?

78w CFL for veg (3 - 26 watt) 150w HPS for flower

What is the distance to the canopy?

~7 inches in flower for the hps

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)

53 rh

What is the canopy temperature?

76 to 78 f

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)

days up to 78 - nights down to 63

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)

95 CFM total, speed controller on slowest speed

Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?

~13 cubic feet NGB split for veg and flower. 4" exhaust, 14" pasive intake total. Each grow chamber has it's own intake. Each grow chamber vents to the utility room then out the cab. Cool tube for hps. Pc fan in each grow chamber blowing on the bulbs and the tops of the canopy. All fans run 24/7.

Is the fan blowing directly at plants?

Somewhat, the pc fans are low cfms, only blowing across canopy

Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?

I water thoroughly and wait for the pots to dry before watering again.

Is your water HARD or SOFT?

soft hard, lol

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?

Town water (15ppm) 7.5ph.

Are you using water from a water softener?

no

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?

No.

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?

No.

Are plant's infected with pest's?

fungas gnats, not very bad. I may see 3 or 4 when I pull the pots out to water. I've been trying to let the pots get a little dryer between waterings than usual. I try to water before I see any dry droop.

Here's the pics:

First signs, the plant is medium green, might be a slight nitrogen def. Then I get this: (appeared in the second week, bottom of plant, large fan.)

Second to third week, nitrogen def not as bad with exception of afflicted lower fans:

Beginning of 4th week, plant size is somewhat diminished, bud size is small for this stage of growth: At first, half the leaf seemed to be affected. Now, one or two individual leaves seem to be affected on both sides (second pic.)

Thanks

Comment

Going to tag along on the thread...... great info. Luckily I have not had many issues but that has left me a gap in my knowledge. This will be a great thread to fill it in.

Peace
              My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.-- Albert Einstein

Comment

Yellowing Leaves

Hi guys-

I'm a first time grower-and loving it! :-)

I have a Grape Ape that is 6.5 weeks into flowering and her leaves are beginning to yellow and pale in color all over the plant.

Is this normal?

I'd appreciate any help.

PS I feed with Pure Blend Bloom with a tsp per gallon of molasses.

Peace Out.
                Last edited by Photorikki; 01-19-2009, 06:12.
                :canabis:
                Thats What Friends Are For

:respect:

Comment

No problems bro. It's normal for the plant to "eat" it's leaves late in flower. It will give a smoother smoke if you get rid of all those nutes and chlorophyll stored in the leaves. Make sure to stop giving nutes a week or two before harvest.

Comment

serious trouble in my mom

Hey i have some trouble in my hidro ,
                    Last edited by kerlito; 10-31-2011, 15:53.
                    mate you:

Big party in syria . let's go to dance
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN984Z2IZ2U

God only work 7 days
                    and we all fucking life

The world don´t help Tibet , becose their don´t have black oil
                    sigpic

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=193299
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ1yX1X4u4
                    ----------------------------------------------------
                    Maxibloom at 1 tsp (~ 7 grams) per gal is the same as this mix at 1 gal.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    Only use about 10 ml of Florabloom and 5 ml of Floramicro per gallon. Without a conductivity meter

The best media take in water fast and give it back fast, creating more air space as they do so.

Comment

Feed them. They aren't getting enough Nitrogen (N) which is why they are turning yellow. The purple is from Phosphorus i believe, or potasium. Make sure your PH is around 5.8 or 6.0 or else it wont be able to absorb all the nutriets it needs. I'd say that needs an EC of ~1.5 +/-

I think that is your problem, others feel free to chime in.

Go to the Indoor Hydro forum and read up on how to do it in the "Stickies", I don't think you are doing it right.

Comment

Hey everyone! I have been growin Tundra (Autoflower), White Berry, Spoetnik, and Purple Lady in Botanicare Coco using Karma, Pro Blend Pro, and Cal/mag. I am using CFL's in a 45 Gallon Rubermaid box with a total of 25,600 lumens, 6700K. These are 2 weeks from seed to now and I am having some leaf curl and some stunted growth and some of the newer leaf look like they are wilted. I don't know if this is from stress, too much heat (I had a heat issu but under control now) Too low of humidity (It is at 27% but can't get it higher) of from bad ph. I flushed them yesterday with Clearex in hopes that it would get things back on track but today they don't look any better. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

well im a bit broke and i kno i need another light than the one i have bcuz im using 150w hps... but so far this is wut i got... help me out!!!

Comment

help

coco ,recirculating/flooding

oh no what do i do?????

CA Med. patient

Comment

I think those are root lice. They're supposed to be pretty bad I think. Try a search.

Comment

jo joi

what product u can used for that lice?
                                Last edited by kerlito; 10-31-2011, 15:52.
                                mate you:

Big party in syria . let's go to dance
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN984Z2IZ2U

God only work 7 days
                                and we all fucking life

The world don´t help Tibet , becose their don´t have black oil
                                sigpic

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=193299
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ1yX1X4u4
                                ----------------------------------------------------
                                Maxibloom at 1 tsp (~ 7 grams) per gal is the same as this mix at 1 gal.
                                ---------------------------------------------------
                                Only use about 10 ml of Florabloom and 5 ml of Floramicro per gallon. Without a conductivity meter

The best media take in water fast and give it back fast, creating more air space as they do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X