X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hamstring
    replied
    I have personally witnessed mites tolerance to some of the well known miticides . I was surprised to see how well the below more natural approach worked. Its very inexpensive and I recommend trying it. I saw it with my own eyes. It killed all of the adults instantly and I checked days later and none of the eggs had hatched. I'm not claiming to be a scientist but because of the multi-ingredients and the way it attacks its hard for the mites to build a tolerance to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej-NJjEJJ6U

Leave a comment:

• CannaRed
    replied
    I was so happy to hear all the praise for Marrone Bio Science Venerate and Grandevo. But it seems that the mites develop a tolerance to them.
    it definitely keeps the numbers down but never seems to completely kill them.
    Past 3 weeks, I've been spraying , Venerate and Regalia, Grandevo and Regalia, Capt Jack's Spinosad, and Doctor Zymes with Transport.
    All but the Zymes and Transport have yucca extract added.
    I try to alternate with a different spray each time, and I spray every two to thretodays on the veg plants, sometimes every day.

I've also noticed a different type of spider mite.
    I'm used to the two spotted spider mite. It's usually clearish to reddish to brown and hang out on bottom sides of the leaves, unless therr is infestation to point of webbing
    The new mites I've noticed are darker. Maybe even black, and I actually see them on top of the leaves sometimes. I've seen them have webbing in valley of the vein on topside of the leave fingers, when they aren't in high numbers.
    I believe they came into my grow when I got my kratom plants.

Leave a comment:

• Sub24ox7
    replied
    So I found a few mites on my plants in my hall grow room sigh. Haven’t had any mites in a long time I just absolutely hate spider mites. Will spray the plants off with a water hose and then I will try a multi pronged approach as it only takes one mite to make more eggs. Wish they were easier to get rid of.

Leave a comment:

• hamstring
    replied
    Been a while but I'm back with good news and I hope it helps the IC Mag community.

I finally found the magic elixer. I’m sure there are other ways but this one is very easy to use and inexpensive. Maybe $30.00 total.

This is not for anyone flowering or even for a large veg crop. This is the last chance train to keep your favorite strains. It is also great for clones you just purchased and have in isolation. Would it work for a large plant yes, but in my experience its almost impossible to spray every nook and cranny on a large plant. You are going to miss one spider mite or egg and that all it takes to start another infestation.

What I did was defoliate my large mother plants down to just a few leaves on the top and then I was able to make sure I had complete coverage. I then sprayed them and took clones after they were clean. I am spraying the clones also.

I know there will be a lot on nonbelievers and I was one of them. I had sprayed a similar mixture before and using my USB microscope saw them crawling around after it had dried on the leaves. Not this time. It seems to kill eggs , and adults alike. It may take a couple of sprays but thats because you are more than likely going to miss some the first time. Follow the instructions ( exactly) on the below link and you will be very happy. One note its next to impossible to find 1% peroxide but I just used 3% and it did not harm my plants in the least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej-NJjEJJ6U

Leave a comment:

• Robney
    replied
    Originally posted by hamstring View Post

Citric Acid is the active ingredient so its worth a try. I have brought all the plants in flower down. So I have the opportunity to try different things now.

Thanks for the advice.
    Excellent. Do give it a try, and make sure to mix for the strong application rate. Cover 100% till they are dripping wet. Apply every 2-3 days for a 2-3 weeks. The eggs will hatch every 2-3 days so it's important to keep doing it every 2-3 days to catch any newly hatched ones.

I hope you are successful!

Leave a comment:

• hamstring
    replied
    Originally posted by jackspratt61 View Post

Calcium hydroxide at 1 g/l or about ph 11. Spray thoroughly and follow up with vinegar at 3 ph. Works.
    Another one worth trying. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• hamstring
    replied
    Originally posted by stickyunderwear View Post

Its a real bummer your still fighting this mess.
    yes sir but down to veg only plants so the battle begins shortly.

Leave a comment:

• hamstring
    replied
    Originally posted by Robney View Post
    hamstring - have you tried Nuke Em from Flying Skull?

I had spidermites a few years ago and that spray was the one to do the trick. I got rid of flowering plants so they didn't have any buds to hide in, and I'd just cover the plant 100% with the spray (like dripping wet covered, make sure tops and bottoms of leaves are soaked). After a couple of weeks of applying every 2-3 days they were gone. I'd check on the microscope a day after each application and the bodies and eggs would be orange and dead. And the best part, it's OMRI listed! They claim it's safe till the day of harvest, but I don't really think anything like that should be sprayed on a flowering plant. They also say it's safe around people and pets as long as you don't leave it out for a pet to consume.

If you can cut it down just to mothers, Nuke 'Em may be a solution for you.
    Citric Acid is the active ingredient so its worth a try. I have brought all the plants in flower down. So I have the opportunity to try different things now.

Thanks for the advice.

Leave a comment:

• jackspratt61
    replied
    Originally posted by GET MO View Post
    I just got spider mites after about 3-4 years without them. My approach will be to be to heavily defoliate then 3% hydrogen peroxide 1:4 with water, and a cup of molasses in a gallon. Spray every three days. I think i will rotate in some dr zhymes heated up n ph’d too. Man i dont miss these guys, sneakily lil bastards was all on one plant tucked in back of veg tent. 🤦‍♂️
    Calcium hydroxide at 1 g/l or about ph 11. Spray thoroughly and follow up with vinegar at 3 ph. Works.

Leave a comment:

• GET MO
    replied
    I just got spider mites after about 3-4 years without them. My approach will be to be to heavily defoliate then 3% hydrogen peroxide 1:4 with water, and a cup of molasses in a gallon. Spray every three days. I think i will rotate in some dr zhymes heated up n ph’d too. Man i dont miss these guys, sneakily lil bastards was all on one plant tucked in back of veg tent. 🤦‍♂️

Leave a comment:

• stickyunderwear
    replied
    Just staying in touch with the community. Trying to provide something they may helps others rather than simply whining about my problem

I pulled two of my plants that were hit the worst by the mites. One of my lovely Cocoa OGs and a GG 4 that was a couple weeks behind the others. Down to three plants left in the flower room.

My concentration is on the clones and will try and keep this up to date.

Thanks for the all comments and advice.
    Its a real bummer your still fighting this mess.

Leave a comment:

• Robney
    replied
    hamstring - have you tried Nuke Em from Flying Skull?

I had spidermites a few years ago and that spray was the one to do the trick. I got rid of flowering plants so they didn't have any buds to hide in, and I'd just cover the plant 100% with the spray (like dripping wet covered, make sure tops and bottoms of leaves are soaked). After a couple of weeks of applying every 2-3 days they were gone. I'd check on the microscope a day after each application and the bodies and eggs would be orange and dead. And the best part, it's OMRI listed! They claim it's safe till the day of harvest, but I don't really think anything like that should be sprayed on a flowering plant. They also say it's safe around people and pets as long as you don't leave it out for a pet to consume.

If you can cut it down just to mothers, Nuke 'Em may be a solution for you.

Leave a comment:

• Crooked8
    replied

Hey brother I believe you an yes you are 100% correct. I didnt run the foggers. I mentioned earlier that my grow room ins in my basement and its not sealed or a tent. Its simply a room and there is heating/air conditioning ducting right in the room. My dogs sleeping quarters is in the basement too. I am just nervous about fogging. I have no doubt the three pronged approach will work and appreciate the advice.
    Stay in a dog friendly hotel for a week. You can check the Rei on them and knock them out 2 days apart if needed and leave over 48 hours before re entering. Seal off the entry way really well and leave windows open if possible in the living area. This is a dramatic approach, but it is the true solution. I wish you the best!

Leave a comment:

• flylowgethigh
    replied
    I had to get into the veg tent to change the flower light (plugs in the back), and cleaned things up in there. Some yellow sticky pads came in the mail and as I was putting them in my pots I spotted a red mite, in the damn pad wrapper. Cheeky little bastard. I have a bunch of nematodes in there I think, and on my desk is a bottle of "Green Cleaner". I don't want to use it before I try predator mites. Like the sound of those.. predators.
    Last edited by flylowgethigh; 03-30-2021, 02:07.

Leave a comment:

• hamstring
    replied
    Just staying in touch with the community. Trying to provide something they may helps others rather than simply whining about my problem

I pulled two of my plants that were hit the worst by the mites. One of my lovely Cocoa OGs and a GG 4 that was a couple weeks behind the others. Down to three plants left in the flower room.

My concentration is on the clones and will try and keep this up to date.

Thanks for the all comments and advice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X