• Show
Clear All

• KinKrit
    replied
    yeah,thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• flylowgethigh
    replied
    Yeah. They don't look like much trouble. Thanks again. The pots with the thickest infestation are going outside tomorrow.

I need a USB microscope.

Leave a comment:

• buzzmobile
    replied
    Originally posted by flylowgethigh View Post
    That looks like them!! Thanks.
    You're welcome. Did you look them up?

Leave a comment:

• flylowgethigh
    replied
    That looks like them!! Thanks. They don't seem to be doing any harm. Purecrop1 doesn't phase them. I took VG's suggestion and sprinkled a handful of neem seed meal on the top of the cover crops on the affected plants last night. These have also started to show up on the cards in the big tent too, but not near as thick.

The plants with the most of these aren't very healthy. Those are going outside as soon as a storm front passes this weekend. Then I will be bringing in 10 gallon bags of soil to up-pot the three migos in my 2nd run. That soil has nematodes, worms, and is crawling with worm bin mites (the good ones I hope).

Leave a comment:

• buzzmobile
    replied
    Originally posted by flylowgethigh View Post
    I have a bunch of these, and they keep showing upon fresh sticky cards.I have nematodes in th soil, and spray "purecrop1" on the leafs. Little black bastards with a v shaped antenna.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00390.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	17827409
    Look up springtails.

Name:	springtail_win09.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	17828059

Leave a comment:

• t0qz9s8nxb
    replied
    Cook them out.

Name:	thrip_identifier.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	17827636
    Get it over with.

Leave a comment:

• sunnyside
    replied
    Originally posted by GuyMontag View Post
    Just ran through this thread, and noticed I saw no mention of Conserve SC.

Conserve SC is a spinosad product whose concentration puts everything else to shame. Monterey and Captain Jack's are 0.5% Spinosad, where as Conserve SC is 11%. It's much more expensive initially at $130-$150 a quart, but you're only using 2.5ml (max) per gallon, as opposed to Monterey and Captain Jack's at 2oz per gallon.

$150 per quart (946.35ml), with a usage rate of 2.5ml/gal = 378.5 treatments at $0.39 cents per treatment

Monterey at $30 per qt (32oz), with a 2oz/gal usage rate = 16 treatments at $2 per treatment.

I'm sure this has been brought up in other threads, but being the "main" thirp thread, I thought it might help here as well. Oh, and there is a product called Conserve Naturalyte that I think I saw posted in the thread, which is another .05%.
    I use conserve sc for my thrip control now. It’s the best in this category 100%.

Leave a comment:

• sunnyside
    replied
    I can’t tell from this pic. Doesn’t look like thrips however.

Leave a comment:

• flylowgethigh
    replied
    I have a bunch of these, and they keep showing upon fresh sticky cards.I have nematodes in th soil, and spray "purecrop1" on the leafs. Little black bastards with a v shaped antenna.

Name:	DSC00390.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	17827409

Leave a comment:

• buzzmobile
    replied
    Originally posted by maryjaneismyfre View Post
    Dipel is Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies kurstaki...It is good for thrips though.
    Oops, you are correct.

Leave a comment:

• maryjaneismyfre
    replied
    Originally posted by buzzmobile View Post
    https://www.biconet.com/botanicals/i...SprayLabel.pdf
    The right hand column DIRECTIONS FOR USE It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Read all Directions for Use carefully before applying. SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE. AVOID FREEZING

Of course the Internet being the internet there is this anecdotal evidence:
    https://growingfruit.org/t/spinosad-...e-issues/11948

The link below contradicts the "information" about heat mentioned above. DiPel and Thuricide are the trade names that contain spinosad and both warn against storing at high temps.
    https://extension.missouri.edu/publications/g1921

Dipel is Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies kurstaki...It is good for thrips though.

Leave a comment:

• Nannymouse
    replied
    imiubu, is that all mixed together?

Leave a comment:

• imiubu
    replied
    Originally posted by Nannymouse View Post
    Also, i cannot find any info on whether or not spinosad will survive freezing during shipping. Anybuddy?
    I will never purchase any commercial pest control again.
    For a couple of years now, I've used only a simple recipe of 'house hold' items when pests think they're going to be moving in.

ISO/ H202 (3%)/ veg oil/ liquid SOAP and water to spray plants. Kills all soft bodied pests on contact. Can be applied up to 3 wks. from harvest.

Inexpensive too.

Leave a comment:

• buzzmobile
    replied
    Originally posted by Nannymouse View Post
    Also, i cannot find any info on whether or not spinosad will survive freezing during shipping. Anybuddy?
    http://www.biconet.com/botanicals/in...SprayLabel.pdf
    The right hand column DIRECTIONS FOR USE It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Read all Directions for Use carefully before applying. SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE. AVOID FREEZING

Of course the Internet being the internet there is this anecdotal evidence:
    https://growingfruit.org/t/spinosad-...e-issues/11948

I just shelled out $30.00 for the large bottle of spinosad and didn’t know whether I’d waste my investment (as well as my apples) storing it in our garage. The good people at Monterey Garden Spray sent me this information:

If the product freezes, just warm it up and shake well and it will be fine. This product has a 5 year shelf life.
    We are located in Fresno, CA and in the summer our warehouse reaches temperatures in excess of 100° so the heat will not affect this product.<<
    The link below contradicts the "information" about heat mentioned above. DiPel and Thuricide are the trade names that contain spinosad and both warn against storing at high temps.
    https://extension.missouri.edu/publications/g1921

Leave a comment:

• Nannymouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X