What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thrips 101: Introduction to Western Flower Thrips

Chem&M

im still not sure whether i have root aphids or thrips.. but i treated the gals with spinosad like 3 days ago.. what kind of intervals should i treat?
every 5 days, 3x total? i found a couple crawlers today and a few fliers..

I apply it once a week for at least 3 weeks. I still have some. Not sure where to go from there. Probably bomb time. Spinosad seems like it works, but I'm still seeing some.

LifeLess

Veteran
Just found some Thrip larva. Ive been seeing some damage but never even looked for anything. I can be stupid and lazy alot. Dosent look like theres alot but there there. I found the same thing ganja used Capt Jacks. My blooming plants are within 2 weeks of done and they look stellar so there just gonna coast threw. And if a bug wants to crawl threw all that resin then go for it. WE WILL SMOKE YOU. haha. Vegging plants are still very small so things should go fine. I think i read to spray 1 time per week for 3 weeks? would that be correct? Ill report my results back. Thnx stoners.

tomfooler

I discovered thrips in my garden a week ago..
seems like spinosad is the thing that works best,but where does one obtain it in UK??
I've found sellers in USA but they don't ship to UK.

anyone help???

Smashed Hash

So I have recently acquired a thrip infestation. I tossed all my plants, and am starting from scratch. But I am curious if I can re-use my soil. Can thrip's eggs survive in just soil, and if so how long can they survive? Is baking the soil the only viable option?

Yes thrip have a life cycle in the soil. Do not reuse it.

No, thrip do not make any webbing.

Captain Jacks is the shit.

In the UK........Bonide is one of 3 companies that make a spinosad brew......google them up and see if they sell in your country.

Just so every one knows........bugs are getting stronger and the pesticides we have available will eventually lose their effectiveness.

On the back of the Capt Jacks bottle, it says not to apply it more than 10 times in one year to avoid a tolerance build up. So make sure you are switching up yer poison. ;)

Death to thrip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

use

Just want to say thanks for this thread, and report that all thrips are dead(for now) after my first spray down of spinosod. This stuff works.

Does spinosod kill ladybugs? I have 5 wild ladybugs in my tent now, and I spent a while trying to capture them and keep them away from the plant for a day while I sprayed it down. I just want to know for when the thrips come back.

use

can spinosod be applied 2 weeks into flowering? I have a family of wild ladybugs keeping thrips to a minimum since I first applied the spinosod a few weeks ago, but I am still finding a couple thrips, including a mature winged thrip(that I killed). I'd like to do another treatment before it gets too late, or is it already too late?

norichips

just found what i initially thought were leaf miners on my 14day old LR2, but on closer inspection of the forums and lots of pics, looks like i've got thrips, the little bastards.... cant see any bigger ones about, but the damage is there on the leaves, also the poop

for any other aussies out there, you can find spinosad at Bunnings, its called Yates Success, Naturalyte Insect Control, took me awhile to find it cos they had a billion different bug killers on the shelf. bottle is 200mls and cost me 15 bucks, not bad.

gona go mix some up now, buh bye thripies

whitey

Help, no such luck on Thripe control for me so far

Help, no such luck on Thripe control for me so far

The local grow shop recommended Ed Roselthal's Zero Tolerance and so far honestly that shit does not seem to work very well for me. I mentioned when I went in that I wanted a spinosad based product and suggested Monterey Garden spray, Bullseye, Entrust but he talked me of it and said the Zero Tolerance is better than all of them. The Monterey Garden Spray was sitting right next to the Zero Tolerance...did I get hosed?

G

gdawg

Can I spray the spinosad during lights on? I'm 4 weeks from chop but the fuckers are all over my lower leaves.

G

gdawg

Too late I just sprayed em. I run a scrog setup and sprayed them all from below my screen. Maybe gettin the buds a little. Tonight right before lights go off ill spray death from above. Awesome thread

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
Too late I just sprayed em. I run a scrog setup and sprayed them all from below my screen. Maybe gettin the buds a little. Tonight right before lights go off ill spray death from above. Awesome thread
i suggest running the plants another 1wk to flush the stuff from the plants, or you may taste it in the final product.

How nice that you are here.
As it seems, they came to my closet. The signs were there before, but I guess I was a bit sleepy, Or seemingly inexperienced. :)

Suddenly I noticed marks on the leaves, have the same problem everyone is talking about. Closer examination through a magnifying glass, reveals the latrines.
I have not found the product you are talking about, but I found organic remedy that did a great job.
What fun to see dead thrips :)

again, I thank you all, I learn a lot from you.