Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Spider Mites I used a Hot Shot No PEST STRIP, and it worked wonders, I'm having some THrip problems has anyone used a No Pest Strip to eliminate these little bastards? I sprayed some BANG on the plants yesterday and am going to treat them with that, but these ****ers are tearing my plants up. About to throw in a No Pest Strip or 2

Comment

Originally posted by kokua
      i
      It was pretty easy wasn't it? lol Spinosad rules!
      I'll second that... spinosad kicks thrip asses....
      Plant Nutrition
      Understanding Inorganic Salts

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. ... It happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." – Carl Sagan

"There is rebirth of character, but no transmigration of a self. Thy thought-forms reappear, but there is no egoentity transferred. The stanza uttered by a teacher is reborn in the scholar who repeats the words. Only through ignorance and delusion do men indulge in the dream that their souls are separate and self-existent entities.""Our thinking is gone, but our thoughts continue. Reasoning ceases, but knowledge remains." – Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by pHrail
        For Spider Mites I used a Hot Shot No PEST STRIP, and it worked wonders, I'm having some THrip problems has anyone used a No Pest Strip to eliminate these little bastards? I sprayed some BANG on the plants yesterday and am going to treat them with that, but these ****ers are tearing my plants up. About to throw in a No Pest Strip or 2
        I had thripes twice and they suck ass! I tried all sorts of things. Some of the sprays killed most but not all. So I tried hot shots and bye, bye thripes.

Comment

Originally posted by pHrail
          NOPE..I've NEVER had mites ..NOTHING... till now!! In the last 6 mo I had mites up the kazoo..the strips WHIPED em overnight...NOW I HAVE THRIPES!! And NO the strips DONT seem to work. I had them out of the room...but in the area. NOW I've gone from mites to thripes!!! !@#$ it... Anyone ever use this stuff?? SINCE I bought it..been TRYING to find a place to use it lol the strips took out the mites...NOW thripes...what's next???

mb

Last edited by mapleboy; 10-11-2007, 13:37.

Comment

GOT SOME...man that stuff's NOT easy to find in a small town!!! Stuff goes a LONG way..HAD to get a quart of it ON the plus side..sprayed on the 11th again today...BEFORE spraying this am I did an inspection..ZERO thrips seen... VERY NICE!!!
            mb
            Last edited by mapleboy; 10-15-2007, 12:57.

Comment

There has been a very interesting discovery in the field of botany regarding thrips.

Its been discovered that certain types of plants (cycads) produce odors which are attractive to thrips, and that the plants control the odors in a way which causes the thrips to carry their pollen to the oposite sex. Described as a "push-pull' effect, the male plants make an odor which is highly attractive to the thrips, so the thrips pick up pollen, then these same male plants change their odor and temperature so that the thrips leave and seek out the then more attractive female odor and temperature...thus carrying the pollen to the females.

Anyway...read more...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/09/sc...21b&ei=5087%0A
              http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t...07_pg6_5&cid=0
              Last edited by 10k; 11-06-2007, 01:24.
              Knowing when to water soil container plants. "Lift the pot"

Comment

AZATROL!!! it just works on so many levels
                sigpic
                How to clone with rapid rooters
                I mix my own water.. two parts Hydrogen, one part Oxygen..

Prohibition…goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man’s Appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very priciples upon which our government was founded
                -Abraham Lincoln

ROOTS ARN'T STRAWS

Comment

Any one know if this is available in the UK and if so what are the product names?
                  It goes without saying that anything I post came to me in a dream from the Cosmic Consciousness and I'm merely passing it on.

Comment

I had thrip infestations for about 3yrs straight,I tried everything,and I mean everything,nothing worked,those little bastards kept coming and coming.

After reading this thread awhile back,I ordered some Monterey Garden Insect spray
                    with spinosad....Sprayed all the infected clones and sprayed the topsoil as well.
                    Gave the room A nice sterile cleaning,and put the plants back inside.

NO MORE THRIPS,THERE GONE,NOT ONE LEFT...AWESOME THREAD THANX,I ALMOST
                    GAVE UP.

Comment

I haven't been able to source Spinosad in Denmark. I just had a bad thrips infection - spraying with pyrethrin did seem to kill them and I hope I'll be able to eradicate them after a second spray in a week or 2.
                      Current:
                      Bubblegum Battle

Inside:
                      2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2009 2009 2008 2007 2007
                      Outside:
                      2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008

Low energy ground coupled cooler/dehumidifier?
                      Keeping nordic outdoor strains as mothers.

Let the voice of reason chime - Lemmy Kilmister

Comment

Kokua ur the man I got some sour d clones and they had thripes and i didnt inspect them as them came from a friend that grows alot of plants. I read ur thread and went and got some monterey garden insect spray. So tonite everything gets treated.

Comment

Originally posted by Grat3fulh3ad
                          I'll second that... spinosad kicks thrip asses....

ill third that fo sho
                          Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the
                          righteous man is beset on all sides
                          by the inequities of the selfish
                          and the tyranny of evil men.
                          Blessed is he who, in the name of
                          charity and good will, shepherds
                          the weak through the valley of the
                          darkness. For he is truly his
                          brother's keeper and the finder of
                          lost children.
                          And I will strike down upon thee
                          with great vengeance and furious
                          anger those who attempt to poison
                          and destroy my brothers. And you
                          will know I am the Lord when I lay
                          my vengeance upon you."

For wounded man to say to his assailant "IF I die you are forgivin, if i live I WILL KILL YOU" such is the rule of honor

FUCK YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!! FUCK YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!
                          FUCK YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!

current strain list

sbbx3
                          the void
                          vortex

og bubblegum
                          dumpster
                          chemdawg #4
                          strawberry diesel (not dsd)

Comment

Does Ladybugs handle it, or just keep the population low?

Comment

I introduced 18,000 ladybugs into my 3x4 space over a period of a few weeks way way way more than you are supposed to use. The only thing I got was a hole in my pocket and 18,000 ladybug corpses to clean up. They didn't do a darn thing for the thrips. Don't get me wrong ladybugs have their place in pest control, just not with thrips.

I also tried pirate bugs, nematodes, thrips predator mites, blue sticky traps, pyrethrins, neem oils, insecticidal soaps, horticultural oils, diatomaceous earth, etc... I used foggers, I used sprays, I even dunked the plants at one point. I cleaned my room out completely of all plants and equipment and cleaned the walls, floors, etc...and NOTHING got rid of the thrips. Until I found spinosad.

All you folks are welcome to spin your wheels all you want. There is but one CURE for thrips, and it is spinosad.

Don't go through the trials and failures that I had to go through to find the answer...I have given this to you...TAKE IT!

If spinosad (monteray garden insect spray or bullseye) is not available at your local hydro or garden shop, then order it online. It is cheap and it's not like your ordering lights or huge hydro set ups. You are ordering an omri approved organic pest control product.
                              Last edited by sunnyside; 01-27-2008, 19:31.
                              Sunnyside=Kokua

Comment

^^ yea dood..lady bugs rock..but if you wanna kill those fuckers..with a vengeance... spinosad! FTW
                                Karma Genetics - 2009 I.C. Magazine Sativa Cup first place winner with Amnesia!! Now testing Karma Seed!!
                                currently testing out H.T.C. - Power House
                                New Grow Along
                                SUBY : Our thoughts and prayers are with you brother!
                                sigpic

RIP ELEMENTAL * I WONT FORGET YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X