X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• false
    replied
    can someone tell me what products are available in the vancouver B.C. area that contain spinosad? thanks in advance .

Leave a comment:

• nycdfan042
    replied
    ^^ yea dood..lady bugs rock..but if you wanna kill those fuckers..with a vengeance... spinosad! FTW

Leave a comment:

• sunnyside
    replied
    I introduced 18,000 ladybugs into my 3x4 space over a period of a few weeks way way way more than you are supposed to use. The only thing I got was a hole in my pocket and 18,000 ladybug corpses to clean up. They didn't do a darn thing for the thrips. Don't get me wrong ladybugs have their place in pest control, just not with thrips.

I also tried pirate bugs, nematodes, thrips predator mites, blue sticky traps, pyrethrins, neem oils, insecticidal soaps, horticultural oils, diatomaceous earth, etc... I used foggers, I used sprays, I even dunked the plants at one point. I cleaned my room out completely of all plants and equipment and cleaned the walls, floors, etc...and NOTHING got rid of the thrips. Until I found spinosad.

All you folks are welcome to spin your wheels all you want. There is but one CURE for thrips, and it is spinosad.

Don't go through the trials and failures that I had to go through to find the answer...I have given this to you...TAKE IT!

If spinosad (monteray garden insect spray or bullseye) is not available at your local hydro or garden shop, then order it online. It is cheap and it's not like your ordering lights or huge hydro set ups. You are ordering an omri approved organic pest control product.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 01-27-2008, 19:31.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Does Ladybugs handle it, or just keep the population low?

Leave a comment:

• Dr. G
    replied
    Originally posted by Grat3fulh3ad
    I'll second that... spinosad kicks thrip asses....

ill third that fo sho

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Kokua ur the man I got some sour d clones and they had thripes and i didnt inspect them as them came from a friend that grows alot of plants. I read ur thread and went and got some monterey garden insect spray. So tonite everything gets treated.

Leave a comment:

• blackone
    replied
    I haven't been able to source Spinosad in Denmark. I just had a bad thrips infection - spraying with pyrethrin did seem to kill them and I hope I'll be able to eradicate them after a second spray in a week or 2.

Leave a comment:

• COUNT-DE-MONET
    replied
    I had thrip infestations for about 3yrs straight,I tried everything,and I mean everything,nothing worked,those little bastards kept coming and coming.

After reading this thread awhile back,I ordered some Monterey Garden Insect spray
    with spinosad....Sprayed all the infected clones and sprayed the topsoil as well.
    Gave the room A nice sterile cleaning,and put the plants back inside.

NO MORE THRIPS,THERE GONE,NOT ONE LEFT...AWESOME THREAD THANX,I ALMOST
    GAVE UP.

Leave a comment:

• Sin Humo
    replied
    Any one know if this is available in the UK and if so what are the product names?

Leave a comment:

• T.Baggins
    replied
    AZATROL!!! it just works on so many levels

Leave a comment:

replied
    There has been a very interesting discovery in the field of botany regarding thrips.

Its been discovered that certain types of plants (cycads) produce odors which are attractive to thrips, and that the plants control the odors in a way which causes the thrips to carry their pollen to the oposite sex. Described as a "push-pull' effect, the male plants make an odor which is highly attractive to the thrips, so the thrips pick up pollen, then these same male plants change their odor and temperature so that the thrips leave and seek out the then more attractive female odor and temperature...thus carrying the pollen to the females.

Anyway...read more...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/09/sc...21b&ei=5087%0A
    http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t...07_pg6_5&cid=0
    Last edited by 10k; 11-06-2007, 01:24.

Leave a comment:

• mapleboy
    replied
    GOT SOME...man that stuff's NOT easy to find in a small town!!! Stuff goes a LONG way..HAD to get a quart of it ON the plus side..sprayed on the 11th again today...BEFORE spraying this am I did an inspection..ZERO thrips seen... VERY NICE!!!
    mb
    Last edited by mapleboy; 10-15-2007, 12:57.

Leave a comment:

• mapleboy
    replied
    Originally posted by pHrail
    For Spider Mites I used a Hot Shot No PEST STRIP, and it worked wonders, I'm having some THrip problems has anyone used a No Pest Strip to eliminate these little bastards? I sprayed some BANG on the plants yesterday and am going to treat them with that, but these ****ers are tearing my plants up. About to throw in a No Pest Strip or 2
    NOPE..I've NEVER had mites ..NOTHING... till now!! In the last 6 mo I had mites up the kazoo..the strips WHIPED em overnight...NOW I HAVE THRIPES!! And NO the strips DONT seem to work. I had them out of the room...but in the area. NOW I've gone from mites to thripes!!! !@#$ it... Anyone ever use this stuff?? SINCE I bought it..been TRYING to find a place to use it lol the strips took out the mites...NOW thripes...what's next???

mb

Last edited by mapleboy; 10-11-2007, 13:37.

Leave a comment:

• greenisgold
    replied
    Originally posted by pHrail
    For Spider Mites I used a Hot Shot No PEST STRIP, and it worked wonders, I'm having some THrip problems has anyone used a No Pest Strip to eliminate these little bastards? I sprayed some BANG on the plants yesterday and am going to treat them with that, but these ****ers are tearing my plants up. About to throw in a No Pest Strip or 2
    I had thripes twice and they suck ass! I tried all sorts of things. Some of the sprays killed most but not all. So I tried hot shots and bye, bye thripes.

Leave a comment:

• Grat3fulh3ad
    replied
    Originally posted by kokua
    i
    It was pretty easy wasn't it? lol Spinosad rules!
    I'll second that... spinosad kicks thrip asses....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X