What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

possible mold problem?

budboy166

hey guys please help me out "first" timer here..... running autoflowers....they are about 3-4 nodes in ~2 weeks old and im starting to see small white points on the stems i fear that its some sort of mold....got it on all plants and im scared that i gotta start over :(

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Not quite, but good enough to say you do have a problem. What? I dunno. We would need better pics, unless some knowledgeable individual comes along, who as seen this before. PM is normally on the leaves and don't look like that. AAMOF, water stains are often mistaken for PM. A water stain will often leave a ring on the outer periphery of the stain, while PM looks like a powder stain (hard to explain, never had it) But I have had water stains.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Hard to see from your pictures. The camera is focusing on the dirt not the stem. Kind of looks like bugs. Cottony Cushion Scale or Mealybugs, not sure without a clearer picture of the stem. Try a shot from a bit farther back, focused on the stem. Then people can weigh in with more certainty.

Thanks, and Good Luck!!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hard to see from your pictures. The camera is focusing on the dirt not the stem. Kind of looks like bugs. Cottony Cushion Scale or Mealybugs, not sure without a clearer picture of the stem. Try a shot from a bit farther back, focused on the stem. Then people can weigh in with more certainty.

Thanks, and Good Luck!!
I thought of that, couldn't remember the name :frown: Used to get them all the time on my Fukien Teas.

For OP...
If they look like extra mini sort of flat cotton balls, could very well be mealy bugs. A Qtip dipped in alcohol works wonders (brush them/collect them), then with a 2nd Qtip apply Neem oil.

troutman

Seed Whore
Are you watering the entire plant? :chin:

It almost looks like roots will start growing on the stem like a clone. ;)

Water the growing medium. Not the plant itself. :tiphat: