• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indoor grow (soil) help !! whitefly

hello good folks,

anybody here got a good home remedy or any advise
    on how to get rid of white fly....??

I have been battling this for months, I used to be able to bring down the population, but im losing control of it...

ive tried 2 different kinds of insecticidal soaps safe for plants
    and I got the yellow flypaper white fly strips....and a population boom....

I have an indoor cabinet, 3 mature plants just 1 week deep in flower cycle....I need to eradicate these bastards before nugs start to develop.....I don't want to spray anything on them when I have nugs going on....im also on a semi modified scrog type set up, so its not easy to move my plants in and out of my cabinet, they flop all over, and im afraid to snap a stem....

any advise, is appreciated - humungo

thank you so much, my friends

-axle

Maybe those roach 'bombs'. Let one off in the cabinet. That won't kill the eggs tho'.
    So where are the fly living when they're not on yr plants? Are there places in yr cabinet where they lay eggs, for example, and then the eggs hatch after you've sprayed?

Comment

Horticultural Oil (It's Mineral Oil) 5 TBS per gal and a few drops of dish soap. Spray thoroughly top and bottom of leaves, stems etc. Repeat every other day for six days. Spray just before lights out to avoid leaf damage. Do not use in flower. Although it is not an insecticide per say, it will brown pistils. Use a pump up sprayer with a wand so you can get to all parts of your plants in the scrog. Good luck.
      “We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

ACTIVE

Outdoor Hydro Herbs and Leafy Greens (Current Grow Begins on Page 5)

Completed

Comment

Spinosid will knock the little bastards back but its a battle. I hate white flies.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrae View Post
          Maybe those roach 'bombs'. Let one off in the cabinet. That won't kill the eggs tho'.
          So where are the fly living when they're not on yr plants? Are there places in yr cabinet where they lay eggs, for example, and then the eggs hatch after you've sprayed?
          to my understanding, they do lay eggs, on bottom side of leaves
          I know I will not get rid of them completely, this has been an ongoing battle for me since summer....summer time I had to shuffle plants around from my outdoor grow site, to indoor grow site (cabinet) I decided to make my first hybrid outdoor, and only sacrificed 1 female for the project, and brought the other female home....she was ridden with bugs, so I sprayed her good with a vinegar water mix, damn near killed her, but I managed to bring her back, with a vengeance...took months...I got rid of all the bugs, except the damn white fly....of course that infected my other 2 healthy females in my cabinet....I have managed to bring the population down to almost non existant....but everytime I spray them, the plants don't like it....sometimes wilt a little, stunts growth of top leaves, you can see adverse effects eh...
          and this is with 2 different "safe for plants" insecticidal soaps..
          I also have the yellow fly strips too...they work, but slow...and not effective enough...I got 200 or more now...I guestimate, tiny tiny tiny little things, and they move fast too...a little flec of white blur is all you will ever see...just a spec of white...

I have to sterilize all my equip, cabinet, and swap out all the mylar too....but after harvest, im week 1 flower cycle
          after about 2 months, I will drop all the leaves, that will help for sure, but that's not for 2 months....last time I ran this strain I flowererd for 13 weeks, before I started to get the color of trichomes I was trying for...

-axle
          so I have to at least, keep them at bay....until then
          bring off harvest, and sterilize...

Comment

Originally posted by hayday View Post
            Spinosid will knock the little bastards back but its a battle. I hate white flies.

and I definitely share that feeling of hating white fly....
            im there already...

so is this stuff you recommend, is it safe to use during flower cycle ?

thanks pal....im week 1 flower cycle

-axle..................

Comment

Whitefly control with biocontrols

LEGAL PEST MANAGEMENT PRACTICES FOR CANNABIS GROWERS IN CALIFORNIA

A Shop Vac with a floor attachment is an effective method of removing adults. I use a bamboo stake to rustle the canopy to get the adults flying. White flies are easy to kill but they are difficult to control.
              “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
              Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

Originally posted by axle2u View Post
                and I definitely share that feeling of hating white fly....
                im there already...

so is this stuff you recommend, is it safe to use during flower cycle ?

thanks pal....im week 1 flower cycle

-axle..................
                I would not use late flower and definantly not on the flowers but I will spray leaves up until mid flower.

Comment

I would not use late flower and definantly not on the flowers but I will spray leaves up until mid flower.

ok....sounds good
                  I mean something that I agree with, not spraying any shit on buds
                  but like I said im just week 1 of the cycle

so hayday, where would I find this stuff now ?
                  keeping in mind its out of season (winter)..

thanks pal....

-axle

Comment

This stuff here...
                    I use it for thrips and white flies but like I said, spray just the leaves and follow the instructions on the label.I think its 7 ml per pint.

You can get it at most any nursury or feed store around where I am. Hoe depot and lowes might have it

Comment

I've never seen that in Canada.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
                      I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
                      The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
                      the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
                      may their arms be too short to scratch...

Comment

Originally posted by axle2u View Post
                        hello good folks,

anybody here got a good home remedy or any advise
                        on how to get rid of white fly....??

I have been battling this for months, I used to be able to bring down the population, but im losing control of it...

ive tried 2 different kinds of insecticidal soaps safe for plants
                        and I got the yellow flypaper white fly strips....and a population boom....

I have an indoor cabinet, 3 mature plants just 1 week deep in flower cycle....I need to eradicate these bastards before nugs start to develop.....I don't want to spray anything on them when I have nugs going on....im also on a semi modified scrog type set up, so its not easy to move my plants in and out of my cabinet, they flop all over, and im afraid to snap a stem....

any advise, is appreciated - humungo

thank you so much, my friends

-axle
                        My personal last resort:

water - 1 quart
                        vegetable oil - a teaspoon
                        liquid soap - just enough to dissolve the oil in water
                        pyrethrine - 10 drops

The vegetable oil makes it harder for feeding insects, and smothers insect eggs. Pyrethrine paralyses adult insects.

Comment

This stuff here...View Image
                          I use it for thrips and white flies but like I said, spray just the leaves and follow the instructions on the label.I think its 7 ml per pint.

You can get it at most any nursury or feed store around where I am. Hoe depot and lowes might have it

thanks buddy, much appreciated !

-axle

Comment

Originally posted by TanzanianMagic View Post
                            My personal last resort:

water - 1 quart
                            vegetable oil - a teaspoon
                            liquid soap - just enough to dissolve the oil in water
                            pyrethrine - 10 drops

The vegetable oil makes it harder for feeding insects, and smothers insect eggs. Pyrethrine paralyses adult insects.

hey thank you for this recipe...
                            I just read up some on " pyrethrin "....that's good stuff !
                            I mean its completely organtic and safe to use on stuff like garden veggies.....it degrades quickly, so there is no lingering residue
                            it is made from chrysanthemums (a natural flower)...
                            pyrethrin paralyzes almost instantly, white fly....you can use it spot spraying....like not have to soak the plants, just spray some here some there....couple treatments and viola....from my understanding of what I just read....

yup, I definitely like your recipe...
                            thank you so much my friend

-axle

Comment

Just to add - just because something is natural doesn't mean it's harmless. Nicotine is natural and can kill people in high concentrations. And also makes for an effective insecticide, which is why tobacco produces it.

The Thuoc Lao or Mapacho experience (i.e. super high nicotine levels)
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZMrrCNQ8tY

It is still best not to get any of the stuff on you, so you should wear gloves, wash your face and change your clothes after application.

Like I said, it's my last resort for insects whose numbers have gone out of control. My main controls are open air with lots of predator insects flying in; high potassium for plant health; silica for strong cells which also acts as an anti-feedant against insects; a permanent water basin so the plant always has enough water which reduces stress; stimulating fungal growth with calories and carbon both to deter insects and surround the plant with beneficial fungi. And lastly I make a combucha of cannabis leaves and raw sugar, which I think extracts beneficial fungi from the leaves as well as nutrients, and the sugar stimulates bacterial/fungal growth.

Comment

Working...
                              X