No announcement yet.

indoor grow (soil) help !! whitefly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a less than industrial scale, I use Yellow Duo Tang folders from any office supply store. Plastic folders hold up better than paper. Cut the folders into sections.

Tree Tanglefoot is sticky stuff. Wear gloves and use a putty knife to spread a thin layer of the tanglefoot on the folder sections. A hole punch will put a hole through for hanging a string.

Attached Files
    “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
    Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

Originally posted by buzzmobile View Post
      On a less than industrial scale, I use Yellow Duo Tang folders from any office supply store. Plastic folders hold up better than paper. Cut the folders into sections.

View Image

Tree Tanglefoot is sticky stuff. Wear gloves and use a putty knife to spread a thin layer of the tanglefoot on the folder sections. A hole punch will put a hole through for hanging a string.

View Image
      I bet you can sell them online for $99 for a pack of 10!
      ---

---

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
      --Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
        I bet you can sell them online for $99 for a pack of 10!
        How many packs do you want? I'll send you 10 packs of 10 for $899.
        Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

so ive tried alot of different methods to kill white fly, and my plants barely survived, and i almost completely lost all yield, think i ended up with 2 oz, scroungy buds.....awful

i have wee ones now coming up(4 plants) , and the occasional white fly i still see
          even on my little ones in a different tent....i have swabbed down the bottom side of leaves with plant safe insecticide to kill any eggs (they very tiny, hard to see)...
          so almost a year later, still a battle....but i am winning for now...seems so

so i bought this UVC light with Ozone, to disinfect my apartment from dust mites, and virus of all sorts, its latest technology used in chinese hospitals....to sterilize all germs

now im thinking this.....when this item actually gets here, im thinking on trying it with my plants too....maybe the UVC light is detrimental to white fly...???
          at least blind the bastards......lol

also, the extra UV properties might make the plants thrive as well,
          UV is natural light found in sunshine, it makes sense to me, but i aint no rocket scientist
          apparently with this unit 15 minutes is equivalent to 6 hrs sunshine...

what do you think...?
          think that will work, folks...?

please let us know your thoughts...

rock it old school..

-aX

Comment

Diatomaceous earth and dissolvable Sulphur in a old bee smoker Not just about anything down. And it wont damage the plants or medium mac/micro biology.

Not recommended for flowering plants.

Life cycle for ghants. And white fly is 10-14 days . ( some one correct me if i am wrong ) so i would suggest smoking the plants out with aforementioned mixture atleast every 3 days twice a day for 2 weeks .

I would also do a bt drench in combination with bee foger

Yellow sticky traps should be in all gardens allowing a indicator of possible complications .

Not home remedy but a cost affective route .you could make the bee powder fogger out of many things if need be
            Dankwolfs rks breeding
            project and breeding info discussion

female seeds 2020 outdoor

oregon genetics group

Yes i know i cant spell for shit and my punctuation is just as bad . the plants dont seem to care nor should you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dankwolf View Post
              Diatomaceous earth and dissolvable Sulphur in a old bee smoker Not just about anything down. And it wont damage the plants or medium mac/micro biology.

Not recommended for flowering plants.

Life cycle for ghants. And white fly is 10-14 days . ( some one correct me if i am wrong ) so i would suggest smoking the plants out with aforementioned mixture atleast every 3 days twice a day for 2 weeks .

I would also do a bt drench in combination with bee foger

Yellow sticky traps should be in all gardens allowing a indicator of possible complications .

Not home remedy but a cost affective route .you could make the bee powder fogger out of many things if need be

hey thanks for this post, buddy...
              i appreciate the read....really, who cares about proper grammar and/or spelling...its the content that really counts...no..?

a bee smoker, now thats interesting...
              i will look into that a bit deeper...when i have the time

yes, im off work now too, but im balls deep in spring cleaning, got my place all ripped apart, doing a deep clean,
              every closet, drawer and storage space, fridge, stove, cupboards, walls, ceilings....
              bla bla bla...just too busy at the moment...

i really need to keep this issue in check...
              or i will be growing again for nothing....

a big thanks, pal

-axle
              Last edited by axle2u; 04-22-2020, 22:17. Reason: sp

Comment

This rocks.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJsHpCVg3TI

You can make them with a bright yellow cardboard and Vaseline. There's a few YouTube videos to DIY them.
                ---

---

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
                --Socrates

Comment

The yellow sticky traps will help a little to control the numbers but they won't solve the problem. Tree Tanglefoot works much better than Vaseline, plastic yellow folders last longer than the cardboard and Encarsia formosa was the best predator insect I used against whiteflies. They are easy to kill but very difficult to control.
                  Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

Originally posted by buzzmobile View Post
                    The yellow sticky traps will help a little to control the numbers but they won't solve the problem. Tree Tanglefoot works much better than Vaseline, plastic yellow folders last longer than the cardboard and Encarsia formosa was the best predator insect I used against whiteflies. They are easy to kill but very difficult to control.
                    LOL> Sorry Buzz. I just noticed your post above. That's what happen when I post before my first cup of coffee. lol
                    I'm including your solution in my Sig.

Once you kill the existing and emerging adults, have you won the battle?
                    ---

---

--Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
                      Once you kill the existing and emerging adults, have you won the battle?
                      Yes, until the next time a clean yellow sticky trap shows a whitefly stuck in the goo. Always treat when the first whitefly is spotted.

An effective and safe spray to apply is a mixture of SuffoilX and Botanigard. Whenever treating for whitefly pay attention to the undersides of leaves.

Now I live in your signature.
                      Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Comment

Wow, this is genius, like I didn't think of it before. I'm new to growing weeds and have tried various methods, but they have all proved ineffective

Comment

Buy the way, my weeds didn't grow as it should and therefore the effect of them was almost zero. I recently spoke with my friends who are more experienced in this business. They gave me tips about best indoor grow kit and a week ago I tried to start growing using a new method. Truthfully, so far everything is good, the sprout has already broken through and looks very good. But your method with cutting on the sides is worthy of attention. I'll definitely try it sometime and post here about the result

Comment

Whiteflies usually lay their tiny eggs on the undersides and upper side of leaves. Then eggs hatch. Hatching occurs after 5 – 9 days at 30°C. Then young whiteflies gradually increase in size through four nymphal stages called instars.

https://lifeandagri.com/whitefly/

Comment

...and they suck,the whole time:/

Comment

Working...
                              X